Duke @ Miami -3.5

A bit of sophistry there. I have never seen L so upset with officiating that he openly and directly called it out in a postgame interview.

My intent of using the words meaningfully influenced was not about one bad call. It was about a persistent asymmetry in officiating throughout the game… which has happened in a number of games this season.
And, has this "asymmetry" always/usually benefitted one team over the other?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Using the word attributed, maybe… but if he was asked how many losses were meaningfully influenced by bad officiating, I’m not confident the answer would be zero.

L has been rightfully very upset about officiating this year.

Add: he’s not one to complain about officiating in the public forum, so his comments questioning the officiating in a postgame interview are a BIG deal for him. Also, you can tell he’s trying to work the refs a little more recently… which is very much contrary to his nature and core philosophy.
Plus it is a NCAA violation to publicly be critical especially to the media.

I like Miami tonight but we've got to keep our guys out of foul trouble, particularly Omier. We're going to need him for at least 30+ minutes tonight or Fliposki may go off. Need good games from at least 3 of our 4 horsemen (Wong, Pack, Miller & Omier). Roach has been playing well as of late so I'll be watching closely how the backcourts matchup. If Wong or Pack have any aspirations of going to the league after this season, this would be a great opportunity for them to showcase their skills. GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
We're 18-5. If Coach L was asked how many of those 5 losses could be attributed to bad officiating, my bet is his answer would be none, zero, zilch. (And not because he feared retaliation if he said anything different.)
I would bet your wrong after his reaction to poor officiating against Omar on many calls was causing him to foul out and affect the outcome. I would also bet before the season started you would have said (like me) that he wouldn’t be caught dead complaining about officiating on camera after a game….though it happened.

All of that said, Norchad would also play with a little too much reckless abandon sometimes and he was working to reel it in.

Advertisement
A bit of sophistry there. I have never seen L so upset with officiating that he openly and directly called it out in a postgame interview.

My intent of using the words meaningfully influenced was not about one bad call. It was about a persistent asymmetry in officiating throughout the game… which has happened in a number of games this season.
Didn’t see that you had made the exact same point that I did without reading this thread first.

Coach L is NOT the type of coach to call out officiating IN ANY EVENT. ****, try and count his number of technicals in game…there ain’t that many.

To claim in someway that he isn’t upset with the officiating this year in big spots to where he actually called it out on camera is ludicrous, unless somebody is claiming he was lying or joking.

Advertisement
Back