2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

Leonard Taylor
Blissett
Nesta
Norton
Wyche was a Top 40 JUCO and 4-star
Anthony Moten
Jelani Hamilton
Jalen Grimble
Olsen Pierre
Tavadis Glenn

All Top 250 players I'm pretty sure. Not the best list quality-wise for sure, but they were recruited here.

Advertisement
Now go through the ones we “whiffed” since 2005. Name the big time DTs to come Miami in the past 20 years outside of LT and Marcus Fortson.
Leonard Taylor
Blissett
Nesta
Norton
Anthony Moten
Jelani Hamilton
Jalen Grimble
Olsen Pierre
Tavadis Glenn

All Top 250 players I'm pretty sure since 2008 going off 247. Not the best list quality-wise for sure, but they were recruited here.

We've whiffed on plenty though, you're right. Needs to change...this was the year it was heralded it would.

"As much as the fans focus on the DT position, Mario is even more locked in. It is his personal mission to add five-star talent to that room. This will be one of the major stories of the 2024 class."

I'm so sorry for posting this.. 🤣

I can't believe I'm turning into a mope over DL recruiting. Smh, I need to get a life.

Advertisement
Leonard Taylor
Blissett
Nesta
Norton
Anthony Moten
Jelani Hamilton
Jalen Grimble
Olsen Pierre
Tavadis Glenn

All Top 250 players I'm pretty sure. Not the best list quality-wise for sure, but they were recruited here.
All of them wasn’t some of them were 3 stars

"As much as the fans focus on the DT position, Mario is even more locked in. It is his personal mission to add five-star talent to that room. This will be one of the major stories of the 2024 class."

I'm so sorry for posting this.. 🤣

I can't believe I'm turning into a mope over DL recruiting. Smh, I need to get a life.

FWIW, a guy on a message board wrote that and the masses ran with it like Mario had a press conference to discuss DL recruiting and released a hype video of him texting recruits. Doesn’t matter in the grand scheme if he doesn’t pull in an elite class there, he clearly is focusing on the position bigly but y’all have gone off the deep end with the “this time it’s personal” stuff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Need an actual recruiter at DT. Or we need to overpay at the position.

One or the other, it's non-negotiable at this point if you miss on Breland and Franklin. If they're allegedly treating the DLine class like the OLine class of '23, my guess is it's the former that needs to be addressed.

Plenty of Joe apologists on this board, just move him off-field if you feel he's that much of a help with the Polys...except Ahfua, Jayden and others would disagree.
He was already demoted this past offseason and interviewed for the Lions job. I'd imagine Mario will move on after this season at this rate.

Advertisement
I read somewhere on the Auburn post that they like there chance cause Miami is bent on him playing DT where he’d rather play on the edge.

Not saying it’s true. But, scenarios like this don’t seem to work in the players favor all that often.

FWIW, a guy on a message board wrote that and the masses ran with it like Mario had a press conference to discuss DL recruiting and released a hype video of him texting recruits. Doesn’t matter in the grand scheme if he doesn’t pull in an elite class there, he clearly is focusing on the position bigly but y’all have gone off the deep end with the “this time it’s personal” stuff.
Us simpletons have nothing else to go off of other than what we hear.

I think Artavious belongs in the top tier list. That and Breland is still there, though I’m not confident.
Agree. I think he'll get a deserved bump. Hopefully miami can hold off FSU there. I would have been totally cool with a class of Franklin, Jones, Breland and Lightfoot but it's looking like even that group probably won't happen. We'll see. They need to prove they can win on the field

Advertisement
Back