Devonta smith ov plans

I've said it before, from his past statements I think this is a two horse race between us and Bama. I know he just said we are all even - Bama, LSU, and us, but I think LSU was late to get serious about him and they have had serious QB issues. Obviously possible that they could make up ground but I don't think so.

Bama is a legit threat and his likely landing spot, but it makes no sense for another receiver to join that program...none. They don't throw the ball nearly enough or well enough to warrant it.

Smith has kept his recruitment very quiet. Pete has had no updatethat I have read on him in some time.

Bama has like 24 kids already committed and are still after Marvin Wilson. How much space do they even have?

Of course, we can help them with that space problem by taking Dean off their hands.

Advertisement
I haveta admit..this is exciting news, especially since Thomas visits on the 20th.....both are elite prospects....I'd be happy to land at least one of them down the stretch.

Advertisement
This is not for the faint at heart! Some of y'all gonna be mad on signing day.

Landing Smith or Thomas would silence Dugans' critics immediately. Somehow land both and he will have turned an apparent disaster into an A+ haul. Smith has been a top priority for this staff from the very beginning. Thomas is an absolute stud who s*** all over Harley.

If Pouncey's the best we end up with, though, he'll continue to be justifiably skewered.

Advertisement
If the staff pulls smith it's a successful class with no other WR commits. That simple. Without Smith or Juedy, Thomas, Pouncey, and Njoku must commit for B- grade.

Last edited:
Landing Smith or Thomas would silence Dugans' critics immediately. Somehow land both and he will have turned an apparent disaster into an A+ haul. Smith has been a top priority for this staff from the very beginning. Thomas is an absolute stud who s*** all over Harley.

If Pouncey's the best we end up with, though, he'll continue to be justifiably skewered.

Agree 100% and if somehow we get Pouncey, Thomas & Smith to go with Njoku, It would be mind blowing.

Advertisement
If they sign Smith, then they didn't whiff on all of their top targets. Smith, Jeudy, and Holloman were their top targets from day 1.

I doubt we get Smith but if we do and also get Thomas, who is every bit as explosive as the other 3 top targets, our WR recruiting gets an A. That's 2 five star athletes who are on every top 100 list. I don't care what order we went after them or how it happened. If they are both in uni next year the staff deserves new donks all around.

Now back in reality, most likely we are only getting 2 more WR's and even that may not be a given. I'd sign right now if you told me we could get any 2 out of the 3 currently planned to visit in January and say it's a solid class.
Good point.

I was speaking more on Pouncey and Thomas who they're only after bc they missed on the others. I'm not sure those two are consolation prizes btw (especially Thomas). Both of them are better than Harley, and I like them both more than Holloman.

Who cares why they're after Thomas? He's better than Harley. If we land him it's a huge upgrade.

Would you rather ***** Bryant and Jay-Tard Bostwick or our current DTs?

Advertisement
Njoku, Smith, Thomas, Pouncey

will that make the crybabies shut up about Dugans?

that isn't likely to happen . . . landing all of them.

if we do, we have still struck out with the top 5 on the board.

and do we actually know if Dugans is responsible for recruiting all wideouts?

So landing two top 100 players is bad thing?

If the choice is landing two top 100 kids or ISIS bombing Coral Gables, sure it is fine. But when you have a big need and you strike out on the top half of the list it isn't exactly good news.

You do realize that we have 1 playmaker at wr now returning next year. We have question marks and JAGs rounding out the returning wideouts. We need some talent!

Njoku, Smith, Thomas, Pouncey

will that make the crybabies shut up about Dugans?

that isn't likely to happen . . . landing all of them.

if we do, we have still struck out with the top 5 on the board.

and do we actually know if Dugans is responsible for recruiting all wideouts?

So landing two top 100 players is bad thing?

If the choice is landing two top 100 kids or ISIS bombing Coral Gables, sure it is fine. But when you have a big need and you strike out on the top half of the list it isn't exactly good news.

You do realize that we have 1 playmaker at wr now returning next year. We have question marks and JAGs rounding out the returning wideouts. We need some talent!

The list was three-deep with every other WR being on a separate list. Jeudy, Smith and Holloman. IF smith signs with Miami that would be going 1 for 3 when two of the three are in SEC country. IF by some miracle we got both Smith and Thomas that is two top 50 players. Calling it good news would be an understatement.

Advertisement
Back