Devonta smith ov plans

Advertisement
I believe he's a silent
Lol why do people believe in "silents" so much?

Shhhhh. Be very very quiet.

a3vMLH8.gif

Njoku, Smith, Thomas, Pouncey

will that make the crybabies shut up about Dugans?

that isn't likely to happen . . . landing all of them.

if we do, we have still struck out with the top 5 on the board.

and do we actually know if Dugans is responsible for recruiting all wideouts?

Who are the "top 5" on the board we struck out on besides Jerry Jeudy who was longshot from the start?

JJ
MH

That is two. Five was a number I just threw out. Why five? Why not ten? Why not two?

We have a huge need at wideout. One of our signees from last year was dismissed. Do you think we dropped two committed kids this cycle and are only in on JJ, MH, DS, the Notre Dame grade transfer, the Notre Dame recommitment, Njoku, and DJD?

Advertisement

Who are the "top 5" on the board we struck out on besides Jerry Jeudy who was longshot from the start?

JJ
MH

That is two. Five was a number I just threw out. Why five? Why not ten? Why not two?

We have a huge need at wideout. One of our signees from last year was dismissed. Do you think we dropped two committed kids this cycle and are only in on JJ, MH, DS, the Notre Dame grade transfer, the Notre Dame recommitment, Njoku, and DJD?

Mike Harley wasn't in our top 5. He was treated as a plan B kid despite the objections of some on the board. He appears to be winding up at a plan b school as well.

Advertisement
Lsu might lose their wide receiver coach d Craig to Oregon in the coming days. I was looking on the lsu board and some floating out Curtis Johnson as a potential replacement. He coached some of our greats in the early 2000s

I'll give him a 4 year pass myself.

But even though that is a beastly haul, it doesn't change the fact that he whiffed on all of his top targets.

If we land them I don't care who we missed on. 3 of those kids had legit offers from bama(Thomas, smith , pouncey(at cb) and we all know what njoku is capable of doing due to genes

Advertisement
Hopefully his visit won't get cancelled or be pulled off the plane like Logan last year

Gonna leverage that last visit for a bag bump from LSU. If he's shrewd he studied the masterful plan worked by Team Jeudy. That was textbook.

JJ
MH

Mike Harley wasn't in our top 5. He was treated as a plan B kid despite the objections of some on the board. He appears to be winding up at a plan b school as well.

deejay was def plan a for us.

njoku . . . ill go plan a for us.

so we only have 4 plan a wideouts? jj and ds dj and njoku

Advertisement
If they sign Smith, then they didn't whiff on all of their top targets. Smith, Jeudy, and Holloman were their top targets from day 1.

I doubt we get Smith but if we do and also get Thomas, who is every bit as explosive as the other 3 top targets, our WR recruiting gets an A. That's 2 five star athletes who are on every top 100 list. I don't care what order we went after them or how it happened. If they are both in uni next year the staff deserves new donks all around.

Now back in reality, most likely we are only getting 2 more WR's and even that may not be a given. I'd sign right now if you told me we could get any 2 out of the 3 currently planned to visit in January and say it's a solid class.

I've said it before, from his past statements I think this is a two horse race between us and Bama. I know he just said we are all even - Bama, LSU, and us, but I think LSU was late to get serious about him and they have had serious QB issues. Obviously possible that they could make up ground but I don't think so.

Bama is a legit threat and his likely landing spot, but it makes no sense for another receiver to join that program...none. They don't throw the ball nearly enough or well enough to warrant it.

Smith has kept his recruitment very quiet. Pete has had no updatethat I have read on him in some time.

If they sign Smith, then they didn't whiff on all of their top targets. Smith, Jeudy, and Holloman were their top targets from day 1.

I doubt we get Smith but if we do and also get Thomas, who is every bit as explosive as the other 3 top targets, our WR recruiting gets an A. That's 2 five star athletes who are on every top 100 list. I don't care what order we went after them or how it happened. If they are both in uni next year the staff deserves new donks all around.

Now back in reality, most likely we are only getting 2 more WR's and even that may not be a given. I'd sign right now if you told me we could get any 2 out of the 3 currently planned to visit in January and say it's a solid class.
Good point.

I was speaking more on Pouncey and Thomas who they're only after bc they missed on the others. I'm not sure those two are consolation prizes btw (especially Thomas). Both of them are better than Harley, and I like them both more than Holloman.

Advertisement
Back