2026 Dereon Coleman 4* QB from Orlando Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see it with this kid but it is what it is.

Y’all gotta understand, D$ doesn’t just make **** up. When he has these long posts and podcasts where he says, “I think we should spend top dollar on portal kids and not HS recruits” at this position, that’s not his opinion. Read between the lines. It’s pretty obvious what the blueprint is here. So you take a Judd Anderson last year as a true boom or bust kid, and he’s dirt cheap. You take Nickel this class who was a mid 3-star when they got on him but has some real translatable skills, albeit not prototypical measurables so he’s never gonna be a 5-star commanding millions a year. And next class you take Coleman, again a really intriguing prospect but miles away from a sure thing, at a big discount. And you see how you can coach these kids up. If you hit, it’s like getting a good NFL QB on a rookie deal. And if you don’t, you have the bread to go after the next Cam Ward at the absurd number he’s getting this year. This ain’t hard to figure out.

All that being said, this kid isn’t making it move for me. But he’s got some good **** you can’t teach. And Mario is absolutely patterning his program off Saban, where you’re going to have so much overall talent on your team, you don’t necessarily have to have the #1 pick in the draft at QB. Find Carson Beck or Stetson Bennett or ******* Mac Jones and put the Monstars around them.
Whether we like it or not, thats their strategy. I personally like it.

Here is my test, would the current team be better with Rashada or Air Noland or Cam Ward this coming season?

Advertisement
This kid has definite upside, he’s a pup right now. Could grow an inch or two, could put on a few pounds, has some things you can’t teach. Arm talent being the most obvious.

Y’all gotta understand, D$ doesn’t just make **** up. When he has these long posts and podcasts where he says, “I think we should spend top dollar on portal kids and not HS recruits” at this position, that’s not his opinion. Read between the lines. It’s pretty obvious what the blueprint is here. So you take a Judd Anderson last year as a true boom or bust kid, and he’s dirt cheap. You take Nickel this class who was a mid 3-star when they got on him but has some real translatable skills, albeit not prototypical measurables so he’s never gonna be a 5-star commanding millions a year. And next class you take Coleman, again a really intriguing prospect but miles away from a sure thing, at a big discount. And you see how you can coach these kids up. If you hit, it’s like getting a good NFL QB on a rookie deal. And if you don’t, you have the bread to go after the next Cam Ward at the absurd number he’s getting this year. This ain’t hard to figure out.

All that being said, this kid isn’t making it move for me. But he’s got some good **** you can’t teach. And Mario is absolutely patterning his program off Saban, where you’re going to have so much overall talent on your team, you don’t necessarily have to have the #1 pick in the draft at QB. Find Carson Beck or Stetson Bennett or ******* Mac Jones and put the Monstars around them.
In this case, that is my opinion. Mario would be happy to sign five-star QBs.

I’m the one who thinks we should take high-upside, cheap kids with traits and good character out of high school. Use the Portal for more proven commodities and former five-stars looking for a new home.

I’m the one who thinks we should take high-upside, cheap kids with traits and good character out of high school. Use the Portal for more proven commodities and former five-stars looking for a new home.

James Franco Flirt GIF

Advertisement

This is not whats happening like at all. They are shooting for the 5 stars but are being stuffed in a locker and thats not going to change until they show something on the field and get a QB drafted high.

2023: Rashada high 4*- flipped to the Gators due to fake NIL offer- Whiff?

2024: Julian Saying 5*- wasnt interested in us even though staff tried- Whiff
Air Noland 5*- Was supposed to pick us if OSU didnt offer him- Whiff

2025- They were happy with Nickle so this year they really didnt go for any 5* or highly rated guys except for Husan Longstreet which I believe if Nickle wasnt involved we would have had a good shot with him.

2026- Dia Bell 5*- Texas over us- Whiff

They have tried to go for QB's but just no success. Has to change on the field before any QB buys into Mario and thats the goal this year (other than Luke Nickle ofc)

Maya Rudolph Yes GIF by NETFLIX

Is it true that this kid as a sophomore benched the dude who is currently committed to the noles?
This seems to be the case.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back