2025 Dakorien Moore 5* WR/ATH from Duncanville, TX

I thought the first guy was kidding. But you said the same exact number without seeing his.

There's clearly a factual mathematical equation behind this, therefore it is fact.

Texas 10.19 = Florida 11.68.

Let it be written.
Lawd bless Miami Dade County Public Schools & my Souff Flawda edumacation getting put to work.

#SoUfFlAWda>errbody 🙂

Ran fast past that Palm Beach Countyline?
Couldn’t be a commitment of mine.
- Corch🤣

Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes football has pretty much stunk and disappointed for 20 years. All anyone that's left still posting here wants is what's best for UM.

If it's important to talk about where the talent is, it's ludicrous not to at least kick around the ridiculous speed coming out of South Dallas and Houston, particularly since South Dallas kids have had some degree of affinity for UM dating back to Armstead. With Texas HS transfer rules *really* loosening up and kids bunching together at schools like Duncanville and DeSoto and North Shore, there's a changing dynamic there that we could benefit from. Texas HS football is changing, a LOT, and while that's bad for old guys like me who romanticize the past, it's good for elite talent production getting those kids practicing against each other every day like you see at other national powerhouses. It ain't Southlake and Katy winning it every year any more. It changed, fast. You still see the U *all the time* at South Dallas games. Desoto calls themselves "the U" and has a green and gold U logo they use. That South Dallas culture is very similar to Miami's and has love for the Canes.
South Dallas, Oak Cliff area & Duncanville has some of the best athletes and football players in the country every year and has been like that for a long time. Dating back to the Dallas Carter days when we pulled in Armstead and Darryl Jones several years later. Kevin Williams was also a South Dallas kid that we got the same year we got Jessie. Jimmy and Butch both used to recruit Texas hard.

I read somewhere that DISD football was basically dead and all the good players that would’ve went to those schools basically end up at Duncanville and DeSoto now which tracks.

That's simply not true.
I’d like to see an argument. Are you saying better football is played in Florida or are you saying Texas has better players? Because in Texas the culture around football is literally like religion. Towns literally shut down on a Friday just look at some of the stadiums the high schools have. But Florida/South Florida in particular puts out more D1 and NFL players that any other area in the country every year.

I hate to bring up Deion but he said exactly what I said.

I think, especially in recent years, the difference in coaching between Texas and Florida have allowed the gap to close dramatically. I remember growing up, FL was THE place for HS football talent. FL is still the standard in terms of Athletes, but FL definitely suffers from their inability/unwillingness to pay their HS coaches. Most coaches in FL aren't able to live off of just their coaching salary and either have to teach other classes or work other jobs to make ends meet so they can't dedicate as much time to just coaching. Texas on the other hand, has coaches making 6 figures pretty regularly that can spend every ounce of time working on game planning. Schools are also investing like never before in HS facilities in Texas.

When it comes down to it, stats still show FL is the place you go for the players, but I do think Texas kids are closing the gap and are coming out more college ready. Of course it's all moot once they get to college and get good coaching but still lol.

yea i would like to recruit dallas.

I aint so hot on the houston guys but dallas i would be down with going every year to...houston i would cherry pick offers to guys.
Houston is the only city in Texas that I would cherry pick maybe San Antonio too but for different reasons. Houston they have the same mindset as kids down here, San Antonio I just don't think they really have athletes or football in general programs.

Advertisement
I’d like to see an argument. Are you saying better football is played in Florida or are you saying Texas has better players? Because in Texas the culture around football is literally like religion. Towns literally shut down on a Friday just look at some of the stadiums the high schools have. But Florida/South Florida in particular puts out more D1 and NFL players that any other area in the country every year.

Number one, **** prime time and everything he stands for. Number two, that **** is just common sense and it don't take no savant to realize that. In Florida in general, per capita your football athletes are night and day in comparison to Texas athletes. The quality of the game however, in Texas is night and day to here in most places. Because like you just said it's like a religion out there. They take that **** dead serious. From top to bottom every kid is getting heavily coached up there. From the scrubs all the way through the five stars. They are getting heavily coached up. But now put it into your mind, imagine what the South Florida kids would be like if they had that same level of dedication, from those same quality coaching staffs! You wouldn't even be able to talk about which is better than the other. Cause the kids here top to bottom, are on a different level than the kids in Texas top to bottom from an abilities standpoint. Imagine us as a program if we had what amounts to essentially first dibs on this level of kids if they were like Texas being raised on the fundamentals of the game. Where before they get to us they were commonly seen as technicians... **** would be wild

I think, especially in recent years, the difference in coaching between Texas and Florida have allowed the gap to close dramatically. I remember growing up, FL was THE place for HS football talent. FL is still the standard in terms of Athletes, but FL definitely suffers from their inability/unwillingness to pay their HS coaches. Most coaches in FL aren't able to live off of just their coaching salary and either have to teach other classes or work other jobs to make ends meet so they can't dedicate as much time to just coaching. Texas on the other hand, has coaches making 6 figures pretty regularly that can spend every ounce of time working on game planning. Schools are also investing like never before in HS facilities in Texas.

When it comes down to it, stats still show FL is the place you go for the players, but I do think Texas kids are closing the gap and are coming out more college ready. Of course it's all moot once they get to college and get good coaching but still lol.
I strongly disagree. Nothing about it is a moot point. Look at the advantage you have as a college when the kids you recruit out of high school come in knowing exactly what's expected of them and how to do it. Opposed to kids coming here just learning about playing the position asked of them and teaching them the techniques necessary to excell. One program simply needs to get cohesion among teammates and get them physically ready. While the other is **** near starting from scratch. You only get these dudes 3-5 years assuming you keep them throughout college. How's that work if you HAVE to spend 2-3 of those years just teaching them the basics... I'll tell you how it works in two simple examples. #1 Leonard Taylor, #2 James Williams... Nothing else needs to be said.

You said better Football players come from Florida, but better Football is played in Texas & I said that's simply not true.

Meaning, there's no way to actually value judge the quality of Football player coming from either region, it's a case by case basis & it's strictly depending on what criteria you choose to use.

- Are you judging by NFL or College?
- Is it based on productivity of each player per position?
- Is it simply amount of players drafted from one region or State?
- Are you going by accolades?

What's your criteria to say one state produces better players?

I've never said that Texas has better players than Florida (except at QB its not even debatable); but what I've been screaming about for the last 7 years is that completely ignoring a state that has as much talent as TX is extremely stupid, mainly because literally every single conference & playoff contending team in the country recruits TX, literally all of them.

There aren't any teams who homogeneously recruit just their own State & have success. National recruiting is how you win Championships & this line of thinking that we should sign 25 kids from FL every year & call it a day is just foolish. The staff doesn't obviously feel that way, so that's a great thing, they've done a very good job recruiting Nationally.

It's simply a matter of adjusting their focus to another region the same way they're currently doing for Alabama, Georgia & the Midwest. If we can put effort & resources into recruiting kids from Illinois, Kentucky & Indiana, we can do the same for TX.

Advertisement
I strongly disagree. Nothing about it is a moot point. Look at the advantage you have as a college when the kids you recruit out of high school come in knowing exactly what's expected of them and how to do it. Opposed to kids coming here just learning about playing the position asked of them and teaching them the techniques necessary to excell. One program simply needs to get cohesion among teammates and get them physically ready. While the other is **** near starting from scratch. You only get these dudes 3-5 years assuming you keep them throughout college. How's that work if you HAVE to spend 2-3 of those years just teaching them the basics... I'll tell you how it works in two simple examples. #1 Leonard Taylor, #2 James Williams... Nothing else needs to be said.
Fair points

Advertisement
Advertisement
Houston is the only city in Texas that I would cherry pick maybe San Antonio too but for different reasons. Houston they have the same mindset as kids down here, San Antonio I just don't think they really have athletes or football in general programs.
San Antonio is growing quickly… that whole corridor up to Austin is the next big metroplex like Dallas-Ftworth…

Tons of influx into the area including cali transplants so I wouldn’t be shocked to see more quality to come out of the area

San Antonio is growing quickly… that whole corridor up to Austin is the next big metroplex like Dallas-Ftworth…

Tons of influx into the area including cali transplants so I wouldn’t be shocked to see more quality to come out of the area

The demographics are a bit different though. A lot of Texas' growing population comes from a demo that just doesnt produce very many D1 or NFL players.

Advertisement
Back