D$ Portal Recruiting Watch List

đź‘€

9DA72046-7D37-4B14-9D4E-78DA9A920608.gif

Advertisement
Been getting used to for 20+ years with average to below average corner play. We always take the guys with potential who rarely ever do anything.

Be patient. Addae has everything under control…

Why do we have these predictably average groups that don’t seem to be getting fixed?

I don't know anything about CB evaluations, but **** I feel each year I'm pumped about the future of the position only to be disappointed after spring. Graves was supposed to be a savior. And don't tell me a single Cormani Mclain wouldve made everything alright

Advertisement
I don't know anything about CB evaluations, but **** I feel each year I'm pumped about the future of the position only to be disappointed after spring. Graves was supposed to be a savior. And don't tell me a single Cormani Mclain wouldve made everything alright
I’m not sure who here viewed Graves as a savior. He was a former receiver in high school with high athletic upside that needed some time to adjust to being a full time corner. He should be a 2nd teamer at this point who steadily gains more playing time over the course of the year.

I’m not sure who here viewed Graves as a savior. He was a former receiver in high school with high athletic upside that needed some time to adjust to being a full time corner. He should be a 2nd teamer at this point who steadily gains more playing time over the course of the year.
Honestly I remember people being very excited about his commitment. But again, I know nothing about evaluating CBs, just going based off board sentiment which is probably my own fault.

Last edited:
Believe he was also 16 when he enrolled

Advertisement
Believe he was also 16 when he enrolled
Yep. Got injured last year + being only 16. He looked pretty solid in spring game but hasn't gotten any live game experience yet. This year will be that opportunity and he should have good moments but growing pains too. Expect him to be a guy who gets better little by little per game vs being a day 1 impact freshman, but Graves has as high a ceiling for a corner prospect we've had here in a minute.

Davis is there to raise the floor, not the ceiling. He’s in the same category as Couch and Porter, but we needed another guy.

Corners are hard to find. For perspective, 247 has Davis as the 6th overall player in the portal and a blue-chip transfer with a 90 rating. And he’s nothing special, just experienced.

We want to add 2, and the hope is the next guy is a true impact talent. It might be tough sledding.
He’s good depth, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

We’re not used to that concept around here unfortunately.

Yep. Got injured last year + being only 16. He looked pretty solid in spring game but hasn't gotten any live game experience yet. This year will be that opportunity and he should have good moments but growing pains too. Expect him to be a guy who gets better little by little per game vs being a day 1 impact freshman, but Graves has as high a ceiling for a corner prospect we've had here in a minute.
Yep, it’s unrealistic for us to expect kids that come in that young to make a significant impact before their RS Sophomore year. If they do great but as long as they’re bought in and progressing they should be fine.

Advertisement
Davis is there to raise the floor, not the ceiling. He’s in the same category as Couch and Porter, but we needed another guy.

Corners are hard to find. For perspective, 247 has Davis as the 6th overall player in the portal and a blue-chip transfer with a 90 rating. And he’s nothing special, just experienced.

We want to add 2, and the hope is the next guy is a true impact talent. It might be tough sledding.
Why not go after the Oregon transfer and try to get robinson from bama along with fegans

Advertisement
I do think they can evaluate talent. Just look at young. Have to assume they're looking at some lower level guys or already have someone in mind

CB's currently in the portal that look interesting:
-Storm Duck, Penn State, 6' 200 pounds 4*
-TreQuan Fegans, Alabama 6'1 180 pounds 4*
-Bobby Taylor, Texas A&M 6'1

WR
-Jordan Judson TCU 4*
-Jaden Alexis, Texas 3-4*
-TarVaris Dawson, Auburn 3-4*
-Jaelen Gill, BC 3-4*

DT
-Tywone Malone, Ole Miss 3*

QB
-Ben Bryant 2022 season 2732 yards, 21 TD's 7 INT 61.2% completions. Will he take a role as a back up or stay at Cincinnati?

Advertisement
Back