D$ Portal Recruiting Watch List

Hard to believe, but it seems like there's a good possibility we could end up being worse at corner this year than last year due to the loss of Tyrique.

Wonder if Khamauri (Miss St), Dunson (Baylor), or Al Blades (Duke) could have helped? All three ended up at P5 schools. 2 of them who have defensive head coaches.

Hopefully we don't have the safety lapses we had last year..

Advertisement
Hard to believe, but it seems like there's a good possibility we could end up being worse at corner this year than last year due to the loss of Tyrique.

Wonder if Khamauri (Miss St), Dunson (Baylor), or Al Blades (Duke) could have helped? All three ended up at P5 schools. 2 of them who have defensive head coaches.

Hopefully we don't have the safety lapses we had last year..
Khamauri could have helped in the future, too bad his dad ran his mouth a little too much.

If that's how you feel I guess it's pointless to add him then if he's not better then anyone we got.
He’s not. That’s how he feels. Accept his determination accordingly.
C06C3C6A-2316-4F5F-829A-06FC286ECF62.gif

Advertisement
So at cb the landscape's looks rough, and we're trying/have secured a body - an experienced body. That's not encouraging, and doesn't reflect well on the (perceived?) state of the room.
Graves looked to be in the right place a couple times in the Spring Game, but staff sees him daily, so who knows to what degree breakdowns and technique issues are occuring? Portal smoke for CG? Or is Addae a coarch? The approach taken for addressing this position in the portal, and the position coach himself is mystifying.

So at cb the landscape's looks rough, and we're trying/have secured a body - an experienced body. That's not encouraging, and doesn't reflect well on the (perceived?) state of the room.
Graves looked to be in the right place a couple times in the Spring Game, but staff sees him daily, so who knows to what degree breakdowns and technique issues are occuring? Portal smoke for CG? Or is Addae a coarch? The approach taken for addressing this position in the portal, and the position coach himself is mystifying.
Graves is young. I really hope they aren’t giving him the boot. But adding a body with experience makes sense. The room is paper thin. We need average bodies at worst to prevent total ineptitude back there.

Advertisement
Graves is young. I really hope they aren’t giving him the boot. But adding a body with experience makes sense. The room is paper thin. We need average bodies at worst to prevent total ineptitude back there.
But is the cb room really paper thin? Brown, Porter, Couch, Graves, Roberts, (incoming frosh) - Brown, Stafford. That's 7 - it seems you'd be looking for a quality add. The report of hoping for two from the portal makes me concerned about a departure.
Graves looked ok, in position, to me on at least a couple/few visible reps. One poster mentioned technique as an issue, so there's that. At the same time, if the ceiling's higher than most in the room, why the portaling out possibility? Guess I'm (whether warranted or not) concerned with Addae's management of the room. Lost one highly touted recruit already (yes, Dad was a factor), but to potentially lose Graves when lower-ceiling guys are repping with pedestrian results - that would be concerning. Wonder if Addae's approach to the room is Gattis-like? Amazed he's the staffer still standing after the smoke at the end of last season.

Advertisement
Blessed are those who adhere to the Book of Memnon.

May all of your thoughts on cornerbacks and coverage techniques find their rightful place amongst the faithful.
Yup, I might be many things but I'm not dumb enough to think I know more then Memnon in a debate. 🤣

Last edited:
But is the cb room really paper thin? Brown, Porter, Couch, Graves, Roberts, (incoming frosh) - Brown, Stafford. That's 7 - it seems you'd be looking for a quality add. The report of hoping for two from the portal makes me concerned about a departure.
Graves looked ok, in position, to me on at least a couple/few visible reps. One poster mentioned technique as an issue, so there's that. At the same time, if the ceiling's higher than most in the room, why the portaling out possibility? Guess I'm (whether warranted or not) concerned with Addae's management of the room. Lost one highly touted recruit already (yes, Dad was a factor), but to potentially lose Graves when lower-ceiling guys are repping with pedestrian results - that would be concerning. Wonder if Addae's approach to the room is Gattis-like? Amazed he's the staffer still standing after the smoke at the end of last season.
We are placing a lot on the shoulders of young guys. I agree we need an impact guy. But adding a guy who has played P5 ball can add depth and make throwing dudes to the fire not a necessity.

Malik Curtis, too.
But is there really Graves to portal smoke anywhere outside this thread?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back