MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
It's Ferman FWIW

'UCF is going to join the Big 12 and see its revenues rise possibly beyond the Miami and FSU earnings hauls from the ACC. That would add to the wide gap between Florida and the Hurricanes and Seminoles and create am undeniable Big Four in the state of Florida."

UCF is probably going to make more than UM and FSU. If that's not a red flag, Idk what is.

"ESPN ... is essentially funding college athletics and has not sent word yet whether it is open to readdressing the terms of an agreement that has more than a decade to go."

With the layoffs at ABC, Disney and ESPN, there's no way they renegotiate now. I thought for second there that they might consider it because it will cost them more in the long run if ACC teams jump to those higher paying conferences (which is all of them).

Momentum is really picking up for top group of ACC schools to form a mutiny and break the GOR, as a couple others in this thread alluded to

Espn has been playing chicken for too long and got their bluff called. My money is on Miami to Big Ten, as Ive been saying for a while

Greg Flugaur is pretty connected, if you guys are interested in this topic I’d suggest to follow him on Twitter

Momentum is really picking up for top group of ACC schools to form a mutiny and break the GOR, as a couple others in this thread alluded to

Espn has been playing chicken for too long and got their bluff called. My money is on Miami to Big Ten, as Ive been saying for a while

Greg Flugaur is pretty connected, if you guys are interested in this topic I’d suggest to follow him on Twitter

That’s very interesting, Flugaur has been on top of this type of things in the last couple of years.

Advertisement
That’s very interesting, Flugaur has been on top of this type of things in the last couple of years.

Yup, yes he has.

I knew once the Big Ten tv deal got announced it would spur action.

A gap of $30mm per school per year was gonna agitate the better ACC schools and force them to get organized and stick it to espn

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back