MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

**** gonna love it when we have to go to Wisconsin and Iowa back to back weeks in November

You think that's happening with pod play? Give me a break.

First, it's highly unlikely that we get both schools in the same year. Second, it's highly unlikely that we get both schools as road games. Finally, it's highly unlikely they would put both of those games in November.

No need for a doom-and-gloom hypothetical.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You think that's happening with pod play? Give me a break.

First, it's highly unlikely that we get both schools in the same year. Second, it's highly unlikely that we get both schools as road games. Finally, it's highly unlikely they would put both of those games in November.

No need for a doom-and-gloom hypothetical.
I'm just saying worst case scenario so we ready lol, but forgot all about the pods idea

I’m very thankful and feel much better that it’s Rad instead of Blake James leading us through this.

A movie or documentary is going to be made about how this plays out
Flake James woulda seen how we played our last few CUSA opponents and moved us there for the competition.

Advertisement
With so many schools involved, makes me think the goal is to renegotiate as opposed to everyone leaves
I think most people following this stuff will say the opposite. That many schools mean the dam is about to burst in the ACC. How can the ACC survive if a majority of the schools want out?

This reminds me of portal recruiting. Teams are operating in secret with each other and talking to conferences via third parties. The schools already know where to could go and are trying tonfigure out for how much. The question then becomes who is leaking info - another school hat found out and wants to join? Another school trying to stop it because they have no where else to go? One of the schools looking to leave by pressuring ACC publicly?

Advertisement
I think most people following this stuff will say the opposite. That many schools mean the dam is about to burst in the ACC. How can the ACC survive if a majority of the schools want out?

This reminds me of portal recruiting. Teams are operating in secret with each other and talking to conferences via third parties. The schools already know where to could go and are trying tonfigure out for how much. The question then becomes who is leaking info - another school hat found out and wants to join? Another school trying to stop it because they have no where else to go? One of the schools looking to leave by pressuring ACC publicly?
Oh it's high stakes musical chairs for sure.

I think the big ten, and maybe the SEC, would prefer North Carolina and Virginia over Clemson/Florida State and/or Miami. And that might include Virginia Tech and NC State. Those are new markets, big state flagship schools of alums, lots of eyeballs and good academics. So do you want to be stuck on the outside looking in?

The ACC has good schools and good markets, just a ****** longterm TV deal. Catch 22.

Advertisement
Back