MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
That’s poaching in the same way hitting a squirrel with your car is big game hunting.
Agree but UConn is at the very top of basketball royalty and I'm not sure we would've beaten them last season on the football field either. Fact is, looks like the ACC is gonna remain operating, likely with us in it. Adding schools will be a necessity.

I knew UNC was definitely more interested in the SEC, and UVa was a bit of a mystery, they are VERY quiet. But I started hearing that they had mutual interest with the SEC, and from the SEC's standpoint, UNC-UVa is their master-race-plan to reunite the 13 Confederate stars.

So I'm fine with:

SEC - UNC and UVa
Big 10 - UM, FSU, Clemson, VaTech (plus ND with a scheduling arrangement)
Big 12 - Louisville, Pitt

After that, who knows.

That would be a home run for the B1G and well I’ll take it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't leave out leverage (regarding getting full share or not). SEC was never going to target OU/UW/Stanford/Cal, and the Pac deal was trash, with Big12 only being slightly better, but no long-term potnetial. ... Like at least imo the SEC would have added USC if they could have. Same way they would add Notre Dame if they could. Even if they didn't fit the geographic footprint they want to maintain.
Miami, FSU, Clemson, UNC though, all have more leverage. Cause even if the SEC isn't trying to get all 4 of us, there is that potential, which the Big10 has to compete with, which wasn't there for OU/UW...

I get your Best Coast bias.

It's weird, but I get it.

On no planet, in no ******* universe, would the SEC have added USC. Or Notre Dame.

Advertisement
If the ACC GOR holds the conference together (even if a few leave), the ACC will have to immediately look at new members. Connecticut would be an obvious one to add, maybe poach UCF, USF, WVU ...

What in the ACTUAL **** is wrong with you?

"Poaching" USF? From whom?

Please do us all a favor and stop posting. Then delete your account. What you do after that, nobody cares about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back