MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe there will be a “leak” of threatened “litigation” gauntlet throwing after ACC media days and Before game one. I think the absolute worst case scenario is conversations in public settlements threats etc. by June 30 of next year (college fiscal year)but I just don’t think they can keep this wrapped up quietly when everyone knows the inevitable endgame is coming.

Avengers Endgame GIF

Easily. I doubt it happens before 2026 but I’m not sure. Programs are lawyering it up.
Doubt Miami challenges before then or that Miami would officially leave/join another conference by then?

If the former, that is definitely disappointing. The latter I can take.

I predict we leave in 2026 and announce this year but I am speculating.
Think there's a reason the B1G announced a 2 year schedule.
And now all the leaks about schools lawyering up, media people talking about future realignment scenarios including long-term how it's possible SEC/BIG become basically NFC/AFC and breaking away from NCAA altogether, players becoming employees sooner than later...
This **** is happening by 2026, and from there it's probably obvious that you'd announce by 2024 at the latest. And announcing sooner than later could be better for any negotiations with ESPN/Disney, given how they are doing in this moment in time. Like Disney is trying to get out of **** NOW. I'd say make a deal to pay up to $100M asap and just be done with it. That's what OU and Texas paid to leave 1 year early.

Advertisement
And now all the leaks about schools lawyering up, media people talking about future realignment scenarios including long-term how it's possible SEC/BIG become basically NFC/AFC and breaking away from NCAA altogether, players becoming employees sooner than later...
This **** is happening by 2026, and from there it's probably obvious that you'd announce by 2024 at the latest. And announcing sooner than later could be better for any negotiations with ESPN/Disney, given how they are doing in this moment in time. Like Disney is trying to get out of **** NOW. I'd say make a deal to pay up to $100M asap and just be done with it. That's what OU and Texas paid to leave 1 year early.
Agree ... way too much smoke from "reputable" people regarding realignment, ACC programs being vetted and approved by the B10 and even the comments stating that several programs initiated some legal action 2-3 weeks ago. I would expect some sort of indication / announcement this year and for UM / FSU / Clemson and several others to be playing in new conferences by 2026, along with ND negotiating a scheduling arrangement with the B10 similar to what they currently have with the ACC.

Exactly, if they knew they were done for the time being then they would have announced a new scheduling format for the future. They know things are moving and there will be new teams added very shortly.

i'll be very curious to see how they make the announcement.. more of an "we will start in the B1G in 2026" without real clarity on how they intend to get there whether through ACC dissolution or fighting the GOR.. i guess that battle will unfold overtime whatever happens but just an announcement of the Big 3 (FSU, Clemson, and Miami) in the ACC leaving should be enough to kill the league...

Advertisement
i'll be very curious to see how they make the announcement.. more of an "we will start in the B1G in 2026" without real clarity on how they intend to get there whether through ACC dissolution or fighting the GOR.. i guess that battle will unfold overtime whatever happens but just an announcement of the Big 3 (FSU, Clemson, and Miami) in the ACC leaving should be enough to kill the league...
I think this is a bit of a moot point as I expect it will leak - and by leak I mean enough smoke that major media picks it up, not messages boards and twitter accounts - before any official announcement is made and I expect that leak will have the expected play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back