MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Gary Ferman ending up on MessageBoardGeniuses Twitter is hilarious. Holy **** dude.
Oh, man. Thanks for this. I had to look this up for the lolz. It's probably a good test before posting anything to ensure you don't end up highlighted there.

Advertisement
Excellent post, and I agree wholeheartedly. This would be my move. It’s the only move that allows us to be at the top of the food chain.

$EC and B10 would both definitely do everything in their power to ***** us at every turn, specially on the field of play.

I'm just upset that nobody has upvoted me for the dry brisket comment...

I dont agree with this. We are not Vanderbilt.

Everyone knows one rule: If Miami plays well, people will tune in. There is no advantage for the SEC to clamp down on us and they would leave money on the table and TV ratings on the table if they would let Miami have a ****** time.

If anything, they would want Miami to be competitive and play in the big games because Miami guarantees big ratings when they are ranked and play well.

CFB needs a heel that gets huge amounts of heat. When we're good, no one gets more good heat than the U, and that gets monster TV ratings. Not a coincidence that several of the most viewed games in cfb history involve UM.

I don't think there is much argument that UM is cfb's favorite bad guy. A lot of people hate ND, but they also have a huge fan base plus they think they are holy rollers. Bama isn't a good villain, they don't have enough personality to be an entertaining bad guy. USC is fun and generally likeable. PSU is hated for being pedos, but it's more of a disgust and loathing than envy-based hatred.

You can't be a great heel if you aren't successful and winning. I think the P2 are a lot smarter than the ACC and they know that UM being good is good for business.

Advertisement
Once conference membership dips below a certain number of schools the grant of rights is automatically cancelled. I'm sure it has been discussed somewhere on CIS but I personally haven't heard what that actual number is. I'd guess either 10 or 8.

I'm not so sure about this...yet...

The GOR does not have such language in the text of its agreement, but I haven't checked the conference governing agreement.

Regardless, there should be some threshold "nuclear" number whereby if the membership dips...all bets are off...including GOR...

Maybe they can start a girl's bikini football league . . .

And, they can let the girls graze on the grass before and after the games . . .

1657040752829.png

We would get chump change for tv money.

Huh? Not sure what you mean here. We would get an equal conference-share payout wherever we go, we just might have to give some of it back to buy our way out of GOR bondage.

Advertisement
I don’t disagree but this is where I have to believe we are in good hands with Rad, Alonzo and Mario in charge. We finally have adults at the table who won’t get steam rolled. At least that’s what I’m choosing to believe.
Agreed, but as I mentioned elsewhere, it goes beyond those three. Joe Echevarria and Rudy Fernandez have dealt with and solved much, much more complex and nuanced issues in their careers at Deloitte and the Office of the POTUS.

I'm not so sure about this...yet...

The GOR does not have such language in the text of its agreement, but I haven't checked the conference governing agreement.

Regardless, there should be some threshold "nuclear" number whereby if the membership dips...all bets are off...including GOR...
Yeah, I don't know how it's not more cut and dry and public knowledge. The only reason I think* it's true is because when this all started and people began to speculate about ACC schools and the GoR that some media members asserted it and these were guys that had no real impetus to lie or try to "break" ACC news.

I can see a scenario where the ACC is left as a 2 member school conference in Wake and Dook and Dook tries to sue everyone for like $2 Billion. Jay Bilas is one of their attorneys on the case.

annual average value (AAV)

that’s all that matters here. Google it.

Advertisement
Miami and Clemson are paired up last I heard.
interesting. I would have thought Miami + ND and FSU + Clemson are the alliances.

I can see, though with Rahd the Impaler making a call to Death Valley, "look I know that you know that I know how this can work, so let's work together to benefit both our schools..."

Also, we shouldn't mourn the loss of FSU rivalry. While good to continue, wherever the programs land presents an opportunity to create new scum sucking worthy of no respect rival(s) that we can quickly come to hate for all their shortcomings.

I'm ain't shedding no tears for them but it's almost like they saw our model of "leadership" and decision making on the football front from like 2004 on and decided they liked it and could make it work.

Letting Cuckbo walk was their version of promoting Coker/hiring Shannon. Seems to me they're in like the early Golden years now and it's TBD if things will break correctly for them.

I said it before, how much cheaper would it have been for F$U to "keep her" (Jimbo)...

If F$U had a power Pres or power AD a few years ago, he should have gone to Jimbo and said "We will erase all traces of Candy ever having lived in the 850 area code, we will censor all press coverage of your private life and/or coddling of criminal players for 10 years, we will build you any facility you want, name your salary, and we promise your statue will be taller than Bobby's".

interesting. I would have thought Miami + ND and FSU + Clemson are the alliances.

Also, we shouldn't mourn the loss of FSU rivalry. While good to continue, wherever the programs land presents an opportunity to create new scum sucking worthy of no respect rival(s) that we can quickly come to hate for all their shortcomings.
Miami and ND barely talk

we hate each other but we value the rivalry, they don’t reciprocate

Advertisement
I hope they pair up with VT

Agreed I am hoping the UM/Clemson pairing means we are working closely together to leave the ACC, but that we will go our separate ways once we're out. We have the same problem- the GOR and buyout- so it makes sense to join forces to find a solution. After we come up with an exit strategy, then the ideal plan would be UM/UNC to B1G and Clemson/VT to SEC. FSU can join UCF in C-USA, where they might be competitive.

Jesus Christ, Gary Ferman…

LOL. Is it possible he was referencing Clemson seeing what was going on with Miami looking to leave the ACC (the Minnesota 247 guy published they were looking to leave) therefore Clemson is looking to leave to the SEC?

Not saying that’s what he meant but it looks a lot better than meaning Clemson scared of Miami on the field.

Agreed I am hoping the UM/Clemson pairing means we are working closely together to leave the ACC, but that we will go our separate ways once we're out. We have the same problem- the GOR and buyout- so it makes sense to join forces to find a solution. After we come up with an exit strategy, then the ideal plan would be UM/UNC to B1G and Clemson/VT to SEC. FSU can join UCF in C-USA, where they might be competitive.
As lame as they now are there is no scenario where FSU does not wind up in one of the two conferences. At a minimum those two conferences are adding eight schools. They’re not stopping at 16 and 18 is a nightmare for scheduling reasons so it’s either 20 or 24 each and FSU would get in in either scenario

Advertisement
Back