MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Miami and ND barely talk

we hate each other but we value the rivalry, they don’t reciprocate

From what I know, you've got this one wrong. That's coming directly from people in solid positions at both universities.

The fans may hate each other but Miami and their academics (also BC, Duke, Wake, and UNC) were a huge part of ND's attraction to the ACC in the first place. Similar profiles school-wise, too. From all I've heard, the head honchos at both schools are not only cordial, but very interested in maintaining the relationship moving forward.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From what I know, you've got this one wrong. That's coming directly from people in solid positions at both universities.

The fans may hate each other but Miami and their academics (also BC, Duke, Wake, and UNC) were a huge part of ND's attraction to the ACC in the first place. Similar profiles school-wise, too. From all I've heard, the head honchos at both schools are not only cordial, but very interested in maintaining the relationship moving forward.
or, others are right and they are trying to block us from following them to the big ten. We shall see. Factions

Advertisement
Is SEC the destination then?

I suppose the SEC would be the best choice from a recruiting perspective. I don't think there's much doubt the SEC is viewed as the strongest football conference and top recruits want to play in the SEC (I've never heard someone say a recruit was only interested in playing in the B1G , but it's pretty common to hear that recruits are only interested SEC). Now that UM has money and will soon have elite facilities and possibly a new stadium, Cristobal should land top 5 classes in his sleep.

Bruh imagine the recruiting boost from being in the SEC, holy **** Mario is going to destroy :pgdead:
If there are just 2 super conferences I actually don't think there will be much of a boost at all. Especially after Baga comes back to Earth and now with NIL as a major factor. That conference superiority shtick will fall on deaf ears when there are only two conferences and they're both super loaded.

Advertisement
If there are just 2 super conferences I actually don't think there will be much of a boost at all. Especially after Baga comes back to Earth and now with NIL as a major factor. That conference superiority shtick will fall on deaf ears when there are only two conferences and they're both super loaded.
The SEC will be an advantage. Based on travel time for kids and families to the university and it’s away games. The Big10 would have been a **** show for travel. Think about smaller sports too.

Advertisement
hard to Believe we won’t be paired with fsu.

I’d like to be in the B1G selfishly since I live in the north and they would be up here a lot more but imo it makes way more sense for us to join SEC geographically for all sports and because it’s who we recruit against
Nebraska and Oklahoma say hello

Advertisement
Back