MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Being realistic - for the next B10 expansion if it 4 teams - FSU most likely would not be a B10 take - as they would have Miami, possibly ND, and possibly UNC and UVA. AAU schools that add geographic footprint. FSU and Clemson realistically would more likely be SEC bound.
In no world are the B10 or SEC taking UVA over FSU.

Advertisement
We were never and will never be a fit for the SEC. It’s a mutual feeling no matter what some here would like.
Agreed. The ONLY reason I would want Miami to possibly join the SEC would be to get the gator on the schedule again yearly in all sports.

If the SEC was able to tear away Texas A&M away from Texas for over a decade, wouldn't it be something if the Big 10 pulled the coups of all coups and pulled Florida from the SEC for the riches of the Big 10 along with FSU and Miami? SEC out of Florida all together? lol UCF or even USF pulled in as a replacement?

Okay, I need to ease up on the meds. :cool:

Lies No GIF

In no world are the B10 or SEC taking UVA over FSU.
The SEC is most likely taking FSU with the B10 taking ND, Miami, UNC and possibly UVA. They BOTH cannot take FSU and the B10 isn't getting both Miami and FSU. There are a lot of moving parts in this next "realignment" move. A lot of coordination taking place by AD's, media providers and conference heads. I would expect the ACC to be "divided / split" between the 3 conferences and at this moment the B10 seems to be the most aggressive but it isn't realistic to think that the B10 is going to simply absorb ALL of the top programs in the ACC, especially two from Florida.

Advertisement
The SEC is most likely taking FSU with the B10 taking ND, Miami, UNC and possibly UVA. They BOTH cannot take FSU and the B10 isn't getting both Miami and FSU. There are a lot of moving parts in this next "realignment" move. A lot of coordination taking place by AD's, media providers and conference heads. I would expect the ACC to be "divided / split" between the 3 conferences and at this moment the B10 seems to be the most aggressive but it isn't realistic to think that the B10 is going to simply absorb ALL of the top programs in the ACC, especially two from Florida.
Not sure where you are getting your info from but the B10 absolutely wants and can get FSU and Miami.

This guy is well connected .... https://twitter.com/Genetics56

Not sure where you are getting your info from but the B10 absolutely wants and can get FSU and Miami.

This guy is well connected .... https://twitter.com/Genetics56
This is an opinion board right? I have seen the information posted by Genetics56 and believe him to be a solid source of legit information. No issue with that at ll ... if fact I am glad to see a legit source with solid, positive information confirming that key ACC programs will most likely be able to structure a solid landing place.

What he is saying is that FSU, Clemson, UNC, UVA and Miami are the most valued brands in the ACC, and of course add ND to that list as #1. Saying that they are the brands where the money is is not saying or confirming that the B10 will actually be able to get all of those programs. I believe the SEC will be active in going after FSU and Clemson aggressively, and that those two programs will value being part of the SEC more than being in the B10 and that is where they will land. I believe that for this all to happen there will need to be some degree of coordination between the programs and the B10, SEC, and B12 so that the ACC AD's can get as many programs on board with landing spots prior to having the "vote to dissolve". It will make the dissolution process much cleaner if 12 programs vote to dissolve and have new conference affiliations in place (4 to the B10, 4 to the SEC and 4 to the B12). Might leave Wake and BC to find homes in lesser regional conferences.

Advertisement

I don’t know about that. Based on history and leaked narratives, BigTen is going to strike first and do what’s best for its conference. This idea that BigTen and SEC are going to have a friendly fantasy football draft isn’t realistic.

Could it play out that way, sure. I just have a hard time believing it will, especially considering that it’s ESPN that’s pulling the strings regarding the SEC network and not the respective SEC teams

The BigTen schools have an ownership in their tv network is a gigantic advantage

I don’t know about that. Based on history and leaked narratives, BigTen is going to strike first and do what’s best for its conference. This idea that BigTen and SEC are going to have a friendly fantasy football draft isn’t realistic.

Could it play out that way, sure. I just have a hard time believing it will, especially considering that it’s ESPN that’s pulling the strings regarding the SEC network and not the respective SEC teams

The BigTen schools have an ownership in their tv network is a gigantic advantage
Look, I’m not really sure how all that’s going to play out, but you have to remember a couple of things, and that presidents of the universities make the final decision after the athletic to Rector makes the recommendation and I would bet a lot that the presidents of FSU and Clemson would love to both get all of the money of the big 10 and the prestige. Yes, the athletic departments and fans even maybe might want the SEC but they may have an option that satisfies all.

Don’t assume Clemson & FSU would not go to big ten over SEC given the choice.

People in other parts of Florida can't fathom this, they never see it.

All the car carriers showing up over a couple of weeks. The explosion of human numbers. The extra traffic.

I lived down there from about 2003-2008. I remember being told that the Carrabba's on 41 just south of Pine Ridge was the busiest one in the country (during snowbird season). Crazy.
Hollywood and Hallandale beach are the same way. Especially the condo heavy areas near the beach. The population probably doubles in the winter months

Advertisement
This is an opinion board right? I have seen the information posted by Genetics56 and believe him to be a solid source of legit information. No issue with that at ll ... if fact I am glad to see a legit source with solid, positive information confirming that key ACC programs will most likely be able to structure a solid landing place.

What he is saying is that FSU, Clemson, UNC, UVA and Miami are the most valued brands in the ACC, and of course add ND to that list as #1. Saying that they are the brands where the money is is not saying or confirming that the B10 will actually be able to get all of those programs. I believe the SEC will be active in going after FSU and Clemson aggressively, and that those two programs will value being part of the SEC more than being in the B10 and that is where they will land. I believe that for this all to happen there will need to be some degree of coordination between the programs and the B10, SEC, and B12 so that the ACC AD's can get as many programs on board with landing spots prior to having the "vote to dissolve". It will make the dissolution process much cleaner if 12 programs vote to dissolve and have new conference affiliations in place (4 to the B10, 4 to the SEC and 4 to the B12). Might leave Wake and BC to find homes in lesser regional conferences.
Beyond ND, the two most valuable properties to the Big10 are an FSU/UM combo. They are additive to the B10 TV deals which means more money for FSU in the B10 for sports and that also doesn't include the hundreds of millions that FSU would get via AAU status ..... which is all but guaranteed with B10 conference status and not with the SEC.

Bottom line is the B10 for FSU means billions of additional dollars over the next decades from sports and additional research grants. The regional sports conference that the SEC is currently doesn't do that.

ohio state is pushing for Miami and FSU apparently...

Going to be a very interesting next move by the B10. The AD's must be spending a lot of time on this one ... major $$$ at stake with the incremental research funding that the B10 could bring that could potentially dwarf the incremental media windfall. Adios ACC.

Advertisement
Look, I’m not really sure how all that’s going to play out, but you have to remember a couple of things, and that presidents of the universities make the final decision after the athletic to Rector makes the recommendation and I would bet a lot that the presidents of FSU and Clemson would love to both get all of the money of the big 10 and the prestige. Yes, the athletic departments and fans even maybe might want the SEC but they may have an option that satisfies all.

Don’t assume Clemson & FSU would not go to big ten over SEC given the choice.
I’m totally in agreement.

The point of my post was that I think bigten is goi lng to be more decisive and less likely to jointly coordinate with SEC

Beyond ND, the two most valuable properties to the Big10 are an FSU/UM combo. They are additive to the B10 TV deals which means more money for FSU in the B10 for sports and that also doesn't include the hundreds of millions that FSU would get via AAU status ..... which is all but guaranteed with B10 conference status and not with the SEC.

Bottom line is the B10 for FSU means billions of additional dollars over the next decades from sports and additional research grants. The regional sports conference that the SEC is currently doesn't do that.
Bingo, and that’s in addition to the bigten now having more tv outlets to broadcast games nationally

But if the Big 10 and SEC take 4 apiece, then it's very likely that both F$U and UVa end up as takes by one or the other, correct?
Sure but I was responding to "FSU most likely would not be a B10 take - as they would have Miami, possibly ND, and possibly UNC and UVA".

No matter how you look at this UVA is the worst of the potential ACC teams that is likely to have an invite to join the SEC/B10. Personally I'd take Oregon ahead of them and maybe even Stanford tbh - from the B10s perspective. However because UVA would be a "desired" add by either the B10 or SEC, I get the argument they're more valuable than Oregon and Stanford.

Sure but I was responding to "FSU most likely would not be a B10 take - as they would have Miami, possibly ND, and possibly UNC and UVA".

No matter how you look at this UVA is the worst of the potential ACC teams that is likely to have an invite to join the SEC/B10. Personally I'd take Oregon ahead of them and maybe even Stanford tbh - from the B10s perspective. However because UVA would be a "desired" add by either the B10 or SEC, I get the argument they're more valuable than Oregon and Stanford.

Everything you're saying has merit. What will be fascinating is how the Big 10 analyzes this choice.

On one side for the Big 10, we all know F$U is "close" to AAU membership, so if the Big 10 is able to appeal to F$U's "academic thirst", then you conceivably get the double-shot entry into Florida, plus a natural rivalry (UM-F$U). On the SEC side of the pitch, they can appeal to F$U's "competitive thirst" to play Florida annually, as well as the rest of the SEC teams, and so it will be fun to see which way F$U might lean.

On the other side for the Big 10, you have UVa that can help deliver another large state (Virginia) while potentially INCREASING the profile of Maryland, which has been lingering as one of the lesser Big 10 programs. Between UVa and UMD, you can lock up the DMV region, even while "losing" VaTech to the SEC. By no means is the DMV region as aggressively pro-football as the state of Florida is, but it's a big, wealthy, and politically powerful market that lies between Baltimore and Richmond/Charlottesville.

The Big 10 probably has to pick one of those two, but not both.

Advertisement
Back