MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Plenty of ACC schools are already far enough North to where that doesn’t really matter IMHO. Outside FSU (who’s an 8 hour drive away), the next closest program is Georgia Tech in Atlanta. Atlanta gets chilly in the Fall. Pittsburgh ain’t too far from Happy Valley or The Shoe. I’d have to double check but Pitt is probably closer to Michigan than Miami is to FSU. Syracuse and Boston College are farther north than any BIG program. The BIG adding schools in California proves distance doesn’t matter to them and I don’t see why it would be an issue for us.
Miami to FSU 487 miles
Pitt to Mich 287 miles

Shaun Of The Dead Good Job GIF

Advertisement
Wow I haven’t been here in awhile. Looks like those wild posts @Boarcane and myself made early last summer wasn’t so crazy. Then in February me and other posters said the GOR wasn’t nearly as much of an obstacle as people thought.
Heard on the Andy Staples pod that it’s legit only 4 pages long and usually they’re like 60 pages

Advertisement
This makes a lot of sense in a lot of ways. It would suck to lose the FSU matchup, but since UF-FSU would become a conference came in that scenario, potentially FSU's OOC game could still be us.
Unpopular opinion, I don’t care about playing FSU anymore as the rivalry hasn’t meant much in 20 something years. It would be cool to have an annual matchup with FSU and UF if we were in the SEC together but if we’re not, then the game just seems more meaningless and I doubt FSU would agree to play us annually if they’re in the SEC.

Is that necessary man? Seems like a lot of folks are okay with stereotypes in one direction. I think they're all funny including the one you posted, but the flyover country line goes along with that narrative for the side that can't have it done to them in return. I'm sure there's good people in Louisville, West Virginia, and the SEC region. And before anyone ask I'm not from Louisville, WV, and have still have all my teeth. Just not a fan of hypocrites.

7m0jk3.jpg

Advertisement
As someone completely ignorant to how these things work, is there any version of this that leaves Miami without a seat in one of the desirable conferences (B1G or SEC)?

I mean...If the Big 10 only took 2 (with one being Notre Dame)...

And the SEC only took 2 (Clemson, F$U)...

Then I still think we would be one of the two that get invited to the Big 10.

So...no...

There was others here too but yeah. Ferman and others said “ those rumors were crazy“.
I haven’t believed any rumors, or have even begun to fathom the idea of Miami leaving the ACC until just recently. This is the first time we’re hearing from multiple outlets that:

1.Miami wants to leave the ACC (they should).
2. There’s actually a plan to make it happen.

This in itself is good news.

Advertisement
This YouTuber T.J. Pittinger is a Nole, so take it FWIW.

He says the so-called "Magnificent 7" only need one more school (possibly the Leprechauns, Louisville or Pitt) to become No. 8. Said he's talked with a lawyer who's seen the GoR.

"You need one more team to vote to dissolve the grant of rights and we're done, we're out. You don't play the S120M buyout. You're not on the hook for $300-400M up to $700M (GoR penalties) for the media rights deal that ESPN and the ACC own. You're one team away from being out scot-free — and being able to move past this nightmare of a media rights deal that Florida State, Miami and others have been hampered by."

Also said Notre Dame has talked to both the B1G and SEC.

LINK: ACC Finished?

Last edited:
This YouTuber T.J. Pittinger is a Nole, so take it FWIW.

He says the so-called "Magnificent 7" only need one more school (possibly the Leprechauns, Louisville or Pitt) to become No. 8. Said he's talked with a lawyer who's seen the GoR.

"You need one more team to vote to dissolve the grant of rights and we're done, we're out. You don't play the S120M buyout. You're not on the hook for $300-400M up to $700M (GoR penalties) for the media rights deal that ESPN and the ACC own. You're one team away from being out scot-free — and being able to move past this nightmare of a media rights deal that Florida State, Miami and others have been hampered by."

Also said Notre Dame has talked to both the B1G and SEC.

ACC Finished?
That’s seems waaaaay too easy. Hope it is.

Advertisement
As someone completely ignorant to how these things work, is there any version of this that leaves Miami without a seat in one of the desirable conferences (B1G or SEC)?
I believe UM already has a deal in place with the B1G, if they were to successfully leave the ACC. I don’t think Rad would leave the ACC and have us assed out. People have been saying that UM is appealing to the B1G for a while now, including some media members. And I don’t think they’re saying that for no reason.

Advertisement
Back