MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

No we don't.

Because the entire premise, determined earlier in the thread, is that the Big 10 would go to 20.

Unless you want to start a special "calinative" thread where you talk about a 24-team Big 10.

Until that time, stay on topic and discuss the 20-team Big 10 that everyone else has been talking about. OR ELSE clearly and EARLIER state your alternate premise.

You are really bad at this. You are single-handedly diluting the value of my UM diplomas.
This thread isn’t dedicated to a 20 team B10 conference lol. It is about conference realignment. If you are talking about a 20 team conference and I say I can’t see Oregon and Washington (and Stanford and Cal but to a lesser extent), clearly you should be able to deduce that I don’t think a 20 team conference is how it will play out. Lol. I do love how you get to dictate what is discussed though.

Advertisement
This thread isn’t dedicated to a 20 team B10 conference lol. It is about conference realignment. If you are talking about a 20 team conference and I say I can’t see Oregon and Washington (and Stanford and Cal but to a lesser extent), clearly you should be able to deduce that I don’t think a 20 team conference is how it will play out. Lol. I do love how you get to dictate what is discussed though.

It's a 211 page thread.

The last 10 pages or so (you know, where people actually quote who they are responding to) have been dedicated to "the Magnificent 7" and the concept of the SEC and/or Big 10 being interested in those 7 teams.

If you want to go back to something someone said on Page 37, by all means, quote it and bump it.

But if you want to talk about what people have been talking about this week, it's not "calinative's personal opinion that the Big 10 will go to 24 teams".

And with all due respect, we have NEVER seen a conference add 8 teams at once (which is what it would be if the Big 10 went from 16 to 24).

So let's try to keep the discussion grounded in sanity and practicality. Not "I hope the Big 10 goes to 30 teams someday".

That's just how Barry operates and you know that. He's speaking "technically" like "officially" or "formally" and not what most of us know is inevitable. So later he can say he was right and we didn't officially have an invite at the time.

alonzo-mourning.gif

Advertisement
It's a 211 page thread.

The last 10 pages or so (you know, where people actually quote who they are responding to) have been dedicated to "the Magnificent 7" and the concept of the SEC and/or Big 10 being interested in those 7 teams.

If you want to go back to something someone said on Page 37, by all means, quote it and bump it.

But if you want to talk about what people have been talking about this week, it's not "calinative's personal opinion that the Big 10 will go to 24 teams".

And with all due respect, we have NEVER seen a conference add 8 teams at once (which is what it would be if the Big 10 went from 16 to 24).

So let's try to keep the discussion grounded in sanity and practicality. Not "I hope the Big 10 goes to 30 teams someday".
wait so now discussion about the “magnificent 7” has to be limited to the B20? Lol what are you even talking about

Advertisement
wait so now discussion about the “magnificent 7” has to be limited to the B20? Lol what are you even talking about

Wait, so you think the Big 10 is going to take all 7 plus Notre Dame? And leave out Washington/Oregon?

Good lord. I guess you don't read the most recent posts.

And please stop acting like you didn't jump into the middle of a discussion of a 20-team Big 10...

PROOF:

1684195209215.png

1684195239506.png

1684195273549.png

AND THEN...AND THEN...YOU NOT ONLY RESPONDED TO ME, BUT QUOTED ME:

1684195321740.png

Do you guys find it interesting that nowhere on ESPN's website do they even mention the multiple confirmed reports that 7 ACC teams are teaming up to break the GOR? 🤔. Seems like by now one of their own reporters would have been able to independently confirm the report (if they wanted to).

Advertisement

He keeps re-iteraring this. But even if a "handful" (5) schools were invited to the SEC or B1G, then at least 2 or 3 would be invited to the Big12 (which would still be a better scenario for them than staying in the ACC). So even that would be enough to get half the teams in the conference to leave.

That new Big 12 commissioner is very shrewd. I thinks it’s a safe bet that he has been in extensive discussions with several ACC schools.

Advertisement
The Big 10 will never boot members at this point in its history.

And if the number IS 24 (and assuming the SEC returns fire), then I expect the Big 10 to take Washington, Oregon, Cal, and Stanford, and for a greater number of the ACC teams to join the SEC.
Good call OCC

B1G 24: Add Cal, Duke, Kansas, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford, Washington (or substitute Colorado for Duke)

SEC 24: Add C-A-N-E-S, semenholes, Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia, VA Tech, West Virginia (or sub Duke for WVU)

He keeps re-iteraring this. But even if a "handful" (5) schools were invited to the SEC or B1G, then at least 2 or 3 would be invited to the Big12 (which would still be a better scenario for them than staying in the ACC). So even that would be enough to get half the teams in the conference to leave.

You’re on the right track

David Hale and Andrea Adelson can step on a rusty nail…. I don’t pay attention to anything they say

ESPN is gonna pretend like the acc can’t do anything until it’s too late, which it almost is, especially with Amazon and Apple throwin out money to join the party

Even if the money was the same to join SEC, which it isn’t, I hope the top ACC schools leave to big ten just to spite them

Advertisement
Back