MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

That poster did not in any way refute revenue reported. He specifically was basically refuting expenses reporting (which is what I said also). Also he says it isn’t title IX reporting to the EADA, which is true, but it is Title IV reporting required from any college that received federal student financial aid. What exactly would make the numbers look better if reported due to Title IX instead of Title IV?

And if that poster is saying the only numbers that can be trusted are IRS reports, then it still makes ZERO sense to trust any other reported numbers for Miami over the source I provided. I mean in my initial post I did write it was the best data I could find. And I still believe it is.

What story you want the numbers to tell, we can argue all day. The only point I’m making though is when it comes to conference realignment, the idea that our athletic department wouldn’t be as desirable as these peers is ridiculous. I’ve shown the media data (including one source you provided that has us 5th among non SEC/B10 schools, when mine had us 6th) and the financial data….

Point is, aside from Notre Dame who is clearly above everyone else, we are right there with Clemson, FSU, Oregon, and like I said earlier without question above UVA and likely above UNC too.

If u say so; but, if we’re up there w/ Clemson & UO as far as revenue as u’ve stated, then this is further indictment on how **** poor this University is ran. The only out that I was given them was based upon ALLLLL the other stats that show we’re not in the same stratosphere being a small, privately funded school. But now that u’re standing on this hill that our revenue is on the precipice of being w/ top 25 institutions, then this is by far the most mismanaged 20 yr stretch by any program in the history of CFB.

Advertisement
The Arizona AD said that originally the B10 was gunna add just USC and Oregon, but Fox wanted UCLA to make sure they had full control of the LA market. Guy seems a little full of ****, but regardless I don’t see how Oregon doesn’t eventually join the B10, which will probably bring Washington with them. And from there, it’s Only ACC teams left to steal

Last edited:
If u say so; but, if we’re up there w/ Clemson & UO as far as revenue as u’ve stated, then this is further indictment on how **** poor this University is ran. The only out that I was given them was based upon ALLLLL the other stats that show we’re not in the same stratosphere being a small, privately funded school. But now that u’re standing on this hill that our revenue is on the precipice of being w/ top 25 institutions, then this is by far the most mismanaged 20 yr stretch by any program in the history of CFB.
Not to butt in this conversation but whether those numbers are true (I’m very skeptical) or not, I can assure you this program was run by idiots for decades. With the recent dramatic changes, I am very optimistic to see where we are in 3-5 years.

And u’re exactly wrong. There’s a segment of this fan base (myself included) who have went on the offensive calling out a great majority of white cape fans who said this program can’t compete w/ the big boys b/c we don’t have the infrastructure from a donor, student body, or the generated revenue standpoint that these big, public schools have an advantage of. We’ve had MANY arguments excusing the ineptitude of investing in the program under the guise of not having the money to do so.

What r u talking about? @Cribby even posted the following: Miami doesn’t have money “ might be the biggest conspiracy theory going , and that’s coming from me. This was not some **** media driven narrative; the media QUESTIONED our commitment to football, so why would they drive home the counter that we’re broke? That bull chit came from higher ups & alums who defended the ineptitude that was going on. Don’t tell me chit that I’ve been in the trenches arguing about for **** near 5 yrs on this very site.
Dude, you are arguing with yourself that right now. You just stated that it’s the higher ups and alums claiming that UM didn’t have the money, which is mostly separate from everyday fans. Higher ups is synonymous with admiration. And you must be living in a cave if you haven’t heard many media outlets claiming Miami couldn’t compete because they don’t have the money.

I agree. It shows how ****ed our administration has handled things. Because here is the thing, if this is the year Revenue jumped so much, maybe that shows that we always were capable of this and getting these donations and investments, the school just has always chosen not to. With the investments we are now making, all we need is the on field success, and hopefully that comes in the next 1-2years. But with this type of commitment from the school towards football, I think it makes a big difference when it comes to conference realignment.

I think what these numbers really show is it really has never been about the money, because we’ve had the ability to generate money. It’s been about the will/commitment to do so….

Hopefully the change last year results in us being seen as one of the top programs worth the SEC/B10 targeting and also results in wins.

Advertisement
Dude, you are arguing with yourself that right now. You just stated that it’s the higher ups and alums claiming that UM didn’t have the money, which is mostly separate from everyday fans. Higher ups is synonymous with admiration. And you must be living in a cave if you haven’t heard many media outlets claiming Miami couldn’t compete because they don’t have the money.

That hasn’t been the claim from the fan base. That’s a media narrative.”

Did u post that or nah? And I know wtf higher ups mean, don’t patronize me. I said THERE WAS A SEGMENT IN THIS FAN BASE, do u know what fan base implies? It implies a group of ppl who are associated w/ this university either as alums or fanatics; fyi fans is the shortened version of fanatics, since we’re in a patronizing mood.

I said I’ve been arguing w/ FANS on this VERY SITE about this narrative that was put out who have justified the ineptitude of the higher ups.

Not to butt in this conversation but whether those numbers are true (I’m very skeptical) or not, I can assure you this program was run by idiots for decades. With the recent dramatic changes, I am very optimistic to see where we are in 3-5 years.
Like you I’m sitting on the sidelines on this thread for a bit as those that know crap keep being experts. It’s entertaining though. I’ll go back to my popcorn and lurking waiting til it all plays out and some get to come
Back with our receipts.

Get Back Reaction GIF by Laff

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

1. Not a knock on you personally, but "supposedly" isn't enough for me on this one. There's been a lot of misinformation in the news regarding these media deals without any actual citation to the deals themselves (at least not that I have ever seen). But assuming adding any new member would trigger a mandatory and complete renegotiation of the contract, I'm going to need a thorough explanation on why the ACC didn't just steal UCF and the University of Cincinnati a couple of years ago if for not other reason than to trigger the renegotiation clause. As bad as that deal is for the ACC, I'd take any two solid G5 schools in our geographic footprint at this point if it meant we get to rip up the current deal with ESPN. And if the answer is, "the ACC tried, but got out-maneuvered by the Big 12," then we shouldn't even be wasting a moment talking about the ACC because it's clearly the least competently run and doomed to fall by the wayside.

4. I don't disagree with any of that. It was the ACC's "best" chance, but it still wasn't a compelling pitch. Unless, of course, the ACC could have brought in another school like PSU and then triggered this supposed renegotiation of the contract for crazy numbers.

As far as ND claiming they "need" $75 million, that's posturing. They don't "need" $75K and only get a fraction of that figure now. ND is just trying to maximize the value of the next contract. But assuming they really do "need" $75K, ND will simply take the best offer they can get. Maybe that's $75 million from NBC. Maybe it means the best deal they can get from NBC (and without having to otherwise pay millions in damages for a breach of contract to the ACC). Or, if the SEC or B1G offer ND more, maybe they'll negotiate with said conference and the ACC on a settlement and buyout to join said conference. Or, if they think they can fully join the ACC and trigger this supposed renegotiation clause to get more than NBC offers, maybe they do that. From where I'm standing, the last two seem the most unlikely, though.
1. Very good point. My guess is (as usual) the ACC was too late. The ship had already sailed a couple of years ago. The SEC announces Texas and Oklahoma are coming. In the following year, the Big 10 brings in USC and UCLA. The ACC is going to go into major TV negotiations with UCF and Cincinnati as the additional eye candy to get money in the ballpark of the Big 10 and SEC? I just don't see it.

To your point, they may have to resort to such a measure to at least increase the payouts so they are not nearly so laughable as they will soon be in comparison with the Big 10 and SEC. They will still be laughable in comparison if they do renegotiate with 2 G5 teams as the newbies on the block, but it won't be such a disparity.

Agree with you regarding ND's "need" for $75 million. Like I wrote, it's negotiating through the media. That being said, it may not be all that far off. If ND gets $60 million in their NBC deal and continues to get roughly $10 million from the ACC for basketball and other sports, they'd still be $30 million per year less than the Big 10. Yes, their donors have deep pockets, but how long will they be happy having that kind of disparity in media dollars?

1. Very good point. My guess is (as usual) the ACC was too late. The ship had already sailed a couple of years ago. The SEC announces Texas and Oklahoma are coming. In the following year, the Big 10 brings in USC and UCLA. The ACC is going to go into major TV negotiations with UCF and Cincinnati as the additional eye candy to get money in the ballpark of the Big 10 and SEC? I just don't see it.

To your point, they may have to resort to such a measure to at least increase the payouts so they are not nearly so laughable as they will soon be in comparison with the Big 10 and SEC. They will still be laughable in comparison if they do renegotiate with 2 G5 teams as the newbies on the block, but it won't be such a disparity.

Agree with you regarding ND's "need" for $75 million. Like I wrote, it's negotiating through the media. That being said, it may not be all that far off. If ND gets $60 million in their NBC deal and continues to get roughly $10 million from the ACC for basketball and other sports, they'd still be $30 million per year less than the Big 10. Yes, their donors have deep pockets, but how long will they be happy having that kind of disparity in media dollars?
UCF and Cincinati are already joining the b12 btw.

And I think their donors will be more than happy doing whatever media deal they view as best for their brand regardless of money. Once they get eliminated from eligibility in CFP or something like that, then they'll care. But if they can keep scheduling games without issue and gaining major bowl eligibility, they have little reason to chang.e

Advertisement
UCF and Cincinati are already joining the b12 btw.

And I think their donors will be more than happy doing whatever media deal they view as best for their brand regardless of money. Once they get eliminated from eligibility in CFP or something like that, then they'll care. But if they can keep scheduling games without issue and gaining major bowl eligibility, they have little reason to chang.e
Sorry, you came in a little late. We were talking about the ACC adding them 2 years ago before the SEC announced they were bringing in Texas and Oklahoma. You're right, that ship has sailed. At this point, the best G5 teams available would be like two of Memphis, Tulane, Marshall, etc. We don't think UCF and Cincinnati would have moved the needle, the leftovers now would be even worse.

Sorry, you came in a little late. We were talking about the ACC adding them 2 years ago before the SEC announced they were bringing in Texas and Oklahoma. You're right, that ship has sailed. At this point, the best G5 teams available would be like two of Memphis, Tulane, Marshall, etc. We don't think UCF and Cincinnati would have moved the needle, the leftovers now would be even worse.
oh gotcha. WVU would have made sense too.

Our men’s and women’s basketball programs success is definitely helping our cause with their success. Need baseball to wake up but I am not holding my breath with Gino. Hopefully, our football program can have a statement season to showcase the direction we are headed. Miami needs to win to build a stronger demand from these conferences.

Our men’s and women’s basketball programs success is definitely helping our cause with their success. Need baseball to wake up but I am not holding my breath with Gino. Hopefully, our football program can have a statement season to showcase the direction we are headed. Miami needs to win to build a stronger demand from these conferences.
This seasons BB successes came at the right time for sure. If Mario can get a W against A&M to get this season rolling the football program will hopefully have a more solid foundation as well. Would really like to have some insight into Radacovich's thinking on the conference "realignment" and where he believes he can take us (I know, top secret until leaked by the right media outlet).

Advertisement
This seasons BB successes came at the right time for sure. If Mario can get a W against A&M to get this season rolling the football program will hopefully have a more solid foundation as well. Would really like to have some insight into Radacovich's thinking on the conference "realignment" and where he believes he can take us (I know, top secret until leaked by the right media outlet).
Correction: our back to back successful seasons. Now, it is not just a fluke season. Got to give credit where it’s due.

However, unlike last year, this team is different and a finals 4 appearance is very realistic for the first time in program history.

Correction: our back to back successful seasons. Now, it is not just a fluke season. Got to give credit where it’s due.

However, unlike last year, this team is different and a finals 4 appearance is very realistic for the first time in program history.
I am referring to BOTH teams ... mens and women ... having this level of success. When has any program had both their mens and women's BB team make the elite 8? Pretty unusual.

I am referring to BOTH teams ... mens and women ... having this level of success. When has any program had both their mens and women's BB team make the elite 8? Pretty unusual.
I think it’s happened like 20 something times. I think it was 13 times that a school had both in the final 4, and UConn has had both win it all the same year twice.

Advertisement
Not to take away from what the teams have done, but I think it is a bit more common than you think given how many schools have had both their mens and womens teams make the Final Four in the same year

Although this is apparently the first time that both teams from the same school made the Elite 8 when both of them were ranked 5th or lower.

1679772121737.png

Last edited:
I'm sure Uconn has done it a lot of times. **** they've probably had both Mens and Womens in Final 4 together a handful of times. And if UConn women beat Ohio state today, both their teams will be in the elite 8 this year too.

Funny thing is there is a good chance next year's hoop team could be even better.

I'm sure Uconn has done it a lot of times. **** they've probably had both Mens and Womens in Final 4 together a handful of times. And if UConn women beat Ohio state today, both their teams will be in the elite 8 this year too.

UCONN hoops swept the NCAA in 2004 & 2014.
They’ve been in the Final 4 simultaneously 3x
They’ve been in the Elite 8 simultaneously 5x

Advertisement
Back