MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Can you walk us through your thoughts a bit more?

I hear what you are saying insofar as ACC knew about this language from day 0 of lawsuits and they haven't budged an inch, therefore:

1) they know (or at least believe) something the rest don't, or
2) are incompetent
Considering the other stories about the leaders and their deals with Raycom and banking, I will go with option 2.

Advertisement
Don't lump RegalNole in with Genetics and Flugaur? Why not? Because he wrote on the Warchant forum that he was a senior executive in the media industry and recently retired to Daytona Beach? JFC, did he write that he stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night as well?

He MIGHT have worked with EITHER FOX or ESPN at some point? I don't know, maybe we should take everything we hear from faceless and nameless guys hiding behind internet screen names with a huge grain of salt?
Do whatever you want ... free country. But you can also use some common sense and separate guys like Fluguar who lives in his mothers basement / living for clicks type guys from individuals who do have some actual contacts in the industry and are close to the situation. There are several legit FSU law grads with excellent careers behind them that have met and vouched for Regal's career profile, and he has been 100% spot on regarding the ESPN media agreement and the option issues. If it's all fantasy to you .. fine. How it plays out in court / ESPN actions etc., we will see.

There is nothing in the released media agreements that supports any of that narrative. Literally all of the key dates are redacted. It's all b*******.
Ah, the 2027 end date of the current media agreement is very clearly stated, as is the fact that the original option to extend the media agreement expired in August 2021, AND there was no approval by members of the extension granted by Phillips. Make up what YOU want to believe but I will go with the actual facts in the case that are presented.

Advertisement
Considering the other stories about the leaders and their deals with Raycom and banking, I will go with option 2.
ef9rNPdtI9FPj4Mf51.gif

Do whatever you want ... free country. But you can also use some common sense and separate guys like Fluguar who lives in his mothers basement / living for clicks type guys from individuals who do have some actual contacts in the industry and are close to the situation. There are several legit FSU law grads with excellent careers behind them that have met and vouched for Regal's career profile, and he has been 100% spot on regarding the ESPN media agreement and the option issues. If it's all fantasy to you .. fine. How it plays out in court / ESPN actions etc., we will see.
I can rest easy that the law office of Bowdenrulz, SuckmyWeinke, and CharlieWardisGod can vouch that Regal MAYBE worked for FOX or ESPN at some time. LOL

Advertisement
So from Rohan reading it all, about 85% redacted, the 2 amendments to the contract have the contract through 27, 26 season. ESPN can opt in to 36, but needs a 2/3rds approval vote by members. He doesn't think this ends before 8-15, but a settlement soon after. 1 more ACC season.

So from Rohan reading it all, about 85% redacted, the 2 amendments to the contract have the contract through 27, 26 season. ESPN can opt in to 36, but needs a 2/3rds approval vote by members. He doesn't think this ends before 8-15, but a settlement soon after. 1 more ACC season.

Bookmark this:

1. The extension to 2036 was never formally executed, so all the media blowhards that used the phrase “ironclad” can eat glass

2. Worst case scenario, the marketable ACC schools will be playing in a new conference going into the 2027 football season

Possibly sooner if ESPN wants to wash its hands of the R-worded leadership of the ACC

Advertisement
Bookmark this:

1. The extension to 2036 was never formally executed, so all the media blowhards that used the phrase “ironclad” can eat glass

2. Worst case scenario, the marketable ACC schools will be playing in a new conference going into the 2027 football season

Possibly sooner if ESPN wants to wash its hands of the R-worded leadership of the ACC
Shark Tank Writing GIF

Bookmark this:

Friend...let me refer you to this porst for context and reference...

Post in thread 'Jimbo's seat warming up' https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/jimbos-seat-warming-up.186554/post-6732984

Last edited:
Advertisement
“Legit FSU law grads…”. I gotta call bull**** on that one.

Disagree with #2. ESPN isn’t going to willingly let go of the sweetest sweetheart deal in sports. They still haven’t litigated anything, been letting ACC and fsu fight it out first. If/when they sue, litigation can drag out out years. ESPN is going to claim (legitimately IMO) they thought the ACC commissioner had the authority to sign the extension and they relied on it. It’s not their responsibility to poll individual schools to make sure the bylaws were followed. They granted their media rights to the ACC, espn was dealing with the ACC.

In cases like this , the matter tends to get settled. My guess is the ACC schools agree to a 3 year extension past 2027 to 2030 for some extra money and viewership based incentives that theoretically gets top teams close to the P2. 2030 is also when the Big12 deal runs out. That’s when there is going to be a massive realignment with the valuable big12 and ACC schools getting split between B1G and SEC. The relevant question for FSU is how far they want to push things and how many tv and conference executives they want to **** off when the difference between a cheap clean break and a very messy, expensive break is only 3 Years and probably not much less money (especially if they have to take 50% shares like the other newcomers). Long story short - worst case is 2030.

Advertisement
Back