MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Judge Cooper IS ruling in favor of FSU on jurisdiction ... he is in the process of citing numerous case law precedents just to "put a bow on the package" to lessen chances of an appeal. FSU and Miami have BOTH been cited throughout the proceeding with a combined 400+ ACC broadcasts ANNUALLY (14.3% of the ACC activity) taking place IN the state of Florida with the combined sports events broadcasts of FSU and Miami.

Advertisement
Judge Cooper IS ruling in favor of FSU on jurisdiction ... he is in the process of citing numerous case law precedents just to "put a bow on the package" to lessen chances of an appeal. FSU and Miami have BOTH been cited throughout the proceeding with a combined 400+ ACC broadcasts ANNUALLY (14.3% of the ACC activity) taking place IN the state of Florida with the combined sports events broadcasts of FSU and Miami.

My MAN! :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

But but but, I thought all this ACC **** was ironclad and irrevocable...

Your second sentence should be ban worthy. **** FSU and hoping they are undefeated. Want to make a statement in that game, have undefeated Miami beat winless FSU 72-0. That will get people talking about how conferences got the wrong Florida team. Seriously hope we don’t see our sometimes idiotic fans hoping during the season for FSU to be undefeated… until we meet them.

Is it too hard to comprehend that beating an undefeated FSU does more for us?

Last edited:
Is it too hard to comprehend that beating an undefeated FSU does more for us? You are obviously a ******* child.
There are two ways of looking a his position. IF FSU were to come to Hard Rock, already having lost 2-3 games, THEN the B10 might be already thinking "maybe FSU isn't as good a choice as we have been thinking". Then ... Miami puts the icing on the cake by blowing them out.

Advertisement
Lots of talk about private equity funding , naming rights and all that comes with both on one of Flo’s shows last night.

He hinted that some of the discussions behind the scenes involving both of these things are farther along than the general public knows. He again implied that there are going to be some major changes that drop sooner than later.

I must have missed a previous discussion about Notre Dame - he said something to the effect that they were at the forefront of these discussions on private equity-conference affiliation/media partnership…
PE will largely be used by teams struggling to survive in the new world of college athletics and really will just be delaying the inevitable. There have been articles about red bird capital and others going to P2 and others about trying to invest. There are quite a few reporters and accounts out there who have done the math on the Big12 deal, for example, to break out how much money that $1B deal actually means per school. (Hint Hint not enough to bridge any gap) I would be shocked if the P2 went down this road and many people have pointed out including the former head of fox sports and Greg Sankey, as state institutions you can get way better rates selling bonds for loans than PE. Look no further that Conference USA and Big12 were the first two conferences to dive into this PE and name change deals. This is just a dying fish flopping on the deck gasping for air.

Advertisement
There is a huge SMU event scheduled for July 1st in Dallas to celebrate their entrance into the mighty ACC. All 18 conference members are sending a mascot / representative to participate. Will be hilarious if FSU announces their departure prior to the "celebration".
Even better:

FSU + Clemson mascots during big unity pic turn WWE heels and start attacking everyone.

They RKO Phillips then rip of their shirts revealing SEC jerseys underneath and do the pelvis D-Gen X chop.

I'd like to see it coordinated with pyrotechnic display.

Is it too hard to comprehend that beating an undefeated FSU does more for us?

That's great in September.

Later in the year, I want them to have multiple losses.

And, particularly this year, we need for the Big 10/SEC to realize that F$U's "undefeated" 2023 season was a flash in the pan, and that Miami is the equal of F$U in terms of desirability.

Advertisement
That's great in September.

Later in the year, I want them to have multiple losses.

And, particularly this year, we need for the Big 10/SEC to realize that F$U's "undefeated" 2023 season was a flash in the pan, and that Miami is the equal of F$U in terms of desirability.
Yea but haven't you been stating the FSU brings in more eyeballs?

Yea but haven't you been stating the FSU brings in more eyeballs?

Yes, but again, there are areas where UM is stronger in the eyes of the Big 10/SEC/Fox/CBS/NBC and areas where F$U is stronger. I do not want a situation where F$U gets a "full-share" and UM is only offered a "half-share".

**** F$U, I want them to lose as much as humanly possible.

PE will largely be used by teams struggling to survive in the new world of college athletics and really will just be delaying the inevitable. There have been articles about red bird capital and others going to P2 and others about trying to invest. There are quite a few reporters and accounts out there who have done the math on the Big12 deal, for example, to break out how much money that $1B deal actually means per school. (Hint Hint not enough to bridge any gap) I would be shocked if the P2 went down this road and many people have pointed out including the former head of fox sports and Greg Sankey, as state institutions you can get way better rates selling bonds for loans than PE. Look no further that Conference USA and Big12 were the first two conferences to dive into this PE and name change deals. This is just a dying fish flopping on the deck gasping for air.

Private Equity was initially rumored to be used by fsu to amortize their exit fee, whatever that amount is

I would shocked if PE firms elect to finance non-P2 schools that are having trouble being solvent in this new age of college football

They’re in the game of betting on “winners” not financing cash flow problems of “losers” unless they have some genius turnaround plan

Private Equity was initially rumored to be used by fsu to amortize their exit fee, whatever that amount is

I would shocked if PE firms elect to finance non-P2 schools that are having trouble being solvent in this new age of college football

They’re in the game of betting on “winners” not financing cash flow problems of “losers” unless they have some genius turnaround plan
Wouldn't the rumored B12 deal be nonP2 schools? Not trying to be combative but the schools and conferences rumored to have deals near the finish are all non-P2 schools that will need cash influx to pay for new revshare and other aspects of house settlement in addition to just general trying to keep up with P2. P2 has all the $ and power, no need to sell equity when it could potentially diminish your brand in the long run.

Advertisement
Back