MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Yes.

Here is the Big 12 future for Miami. Winning a conference that doesn't guarantee us a playoff spot. Getting all the best Tuesday/Wednesday timeslots. Continually begging our donors for more NIL money (you think there's a "suck tax" NOW?!?!). Having the best Big 12 recruiting class every year (#24 in the country). Half-empty Hard Rock.

And that's BEST CASE SCENARIO.
This is why recruiting will plummet in the big 12. Yes NIL is important and Mario is an elite recruiter. However, the top kids (both HS and Portal) want to build a brand. You build a brand buy playing the best teams in Primetime with the most eyeballs. The big 12 offers none of that.

Advertisement
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

If we go B12, we will HAVE TO let Mario go.

Play money ball and get a GREAT coach. Recruiting will no longer be our THING. Go the TCU route.
We probably will not have to let him go, he will get a job with a P2 school. If you think a great coach is coming to coach a B12 team you are mistaken.

Advertisement
We probably will not have to let him go, he will get a job with a P2 school. If you think a great coach is coming to coach a B12 team you are mistaken.

TRUE. He’ll make more as an offensive line / recruiting coordinator coach than a HEAD COACH at renewal. It’ll be straight up disaster.

And it's not just the "best Saturday time slots" ... it begins this Fall with the Big 10 introducing "Friday Night Football". They will have Big 10 games on at least 9 Friday nights ... so no more "BC vs Wake Forest" on Friday nights. The P2 will first lock up all OTA (over the air) free national TV time slots, then the prime cable time slots. By 2026 any B12 / ACC regional game will be seen exclusively on Peacock streaming or some new ESPN XYZ streaming app ... only. The P2 games will regularly get 4-5 million viewers, and big brand matchups will be getting 10-15 million viewers, simply due to programming. The B12 / ACC will be getting 400,000- 600,000 max viewers per game. Media rights will plummet. So will recruiting.
I still don't like that. Let the high school games go on without competition.

Cooper is crushing the acc lawyer again in this hearing. I suspect a blanket denial of the accs renewed motion to dismiss. He’s also going to great lengths to point out the level to which the ACC micromanages its members I suspect to defuse any arguments that the acc isn’t engaged in a business venture in Florida

Exactly.

We have some incredibly ignorant and short-sighted porsters who are trying to **** on us and tell us that it's just warm warm Big 12 rain...

The reality is that once the Big 10 and SEC have strangleholds on all the best Saturday timeslots, all these "I only love NIL" players who sign with "Big 12 Dominant Miami" are going to have to tell their families to tune in on Thursday nights on the CW...

The Big 12 is going to be a disaster, no matter what the corporate name of the conference is, or which non-P2 teams they take.
Don't count out Telemundo and ESPN Viente Dos "El Doble Doble"!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status Quo, BIG, SEC, or bust. Just win and this will work itself out (I hope).

Really help to have both teams unbeaten on 10/26. Hopefully the Athletic dept didn’t hurt us by not being able to count. Going to Notre Dame this year would have been a great opportunity to showcase our brand on a big stage. I think we need the courts to slow things down, the team to win, and the Board to hire the President everyone respects in the Big. No idea who that is.

Last edited:
Huh… STATUS QUO is not an option

And one good season doesn’t guarantee us anything. People need to realize there’s a chance the P2 doesn’t come calling. Miami doesn’t get to just pick one. Only ND has that kind of pull.

That’s the reason for all the Big 12 talk because as crappy as that would be, the long-term prognosis for the Big12 is better than a picked apart ACC.

Advertisement
Exactly.

We have some incredibly ignorant and short-sighted porsters who are trying to **** on us and tell us that it's just warm warm Big 12 rain...

The reality is that once the Big 10 and SEC have strangleholds on all the best Saturday timeslots, all these "I only love NIL" players who sign with "Big 12 Dominant Miami" are going to have to tell their families to tune in on Thursday nights on the CW...

The Big 12 is going to be a disaster, no matter what the corporate name of the conference is, or which non-P2 teams they take.
Louder for the hard heads and the blind fans in the back please.

Status Quo, BIG, SEC, or bust. Just win and this will work itself out (I hope).

Really help to have both teams unbeaten on 10/26. Hopefully the Athletic dept didn’t hurt us by not being able to count. Going to Notre Dame this year would have been a great opportunity to showcase our brand on a big stage. I think we need the courts to slow things down, the team to win, and the Board to hire the President everyone respects in the Big. No idea who that is.
Your second sentence should be ban worthy. **** FSU and hoping they are undefeated. Want to make a statement in that game, have undefeated Miami beat winless FSU 72-0. That will get people talking about how conferences got the wrong Florida team. Seriously hope we don’t see our sometimes idiotic fans hoping during the season for FSU to be undefeated… until we meet them.

Lots of talk about private equity funding , naming rights and all that comes with both on one of Flo’s shows last night.

He hinted that some of the discussions behind the scenes involving both of these things are farther along than the general public knows. He again implied that there are going to be some major changes that drop sooner than later.

I must have missed a previous discussion about Notre Dame - he said something to the effect that they were at the forefront of these discussions on private equity-conference affiliation/media partnership…

Lots of talk about private equity funding , naming rights and all that comes with both on one of Flo’s shows last night.

He hinted that some of the discussions behind the scenes involving both of these things are farther along than the general public knows. He again implied that there are going to be some major changes that drop sooner than later.

I must have missed a previous discussion about Notre Dame - he said something to the effect that they were at the forefront of these discussions on private equity-conference affiliation/media partnership…
Have only heard of PE money related to naming rights for the B12 conference. Long ago there was mention of a possibility of FSU using a PE long term LOAN for a portion of their exit fee if necessary. They just got approval for $309 million dollars in bond financing at a 4-5% rate. Part for stadium renovations and part towards a new football facility I believe. ND had been mentioned as "heading out the door" right behind FSU via a football scheduling agreement with the Big 10.

Advertisement
Back