Clemson home dogs against FSU

Advertisement
I think FSU had their bad game against BC. Every good team plays 1-2 of those games per year. Think about 2001 and how we BARELY. beat BC and V-tech. But when UM was really serious it was a wrap. I’m not comparing FSU 2023 to UM 2001, but simply pointing out that if the best team in the history of college football can play some close/bad games, certainly 2023 FSU can as well.
I agree with this take. I also think FSU may have been looking ahead and not taking a struggling BC team seriously, no matter what coaching told them. They'll be totally focused for this game.

I think this is going to be a much tougher game than most people realize. Clemson's defense is still very good.
If Clemson doesnt self destruct with stupid penalties and inexplicable play calling like LSU and BC did against FSU, they will win.

Advertisement
Normally, I wouldn't care who would win the FSU/CLEM matchup. But if you want the scenario that would really impact our ranking should we defeat both of them, it would be us playing against an undefeated FSU team. So you want FSU to remain undefeated till we meet.....and beat them. Big picture guys. Big picture!

Normally, I wouldn't care who would win the FSU/CLEM matchup. But if you want the scenario that would really impact our ranking should we defeat both of them, it would be us playing against an undefeated FSU team. So you want FSU to remain undefeated till we meet.....and beat them. Big picture guys. Big picture!
Nah. Rankings don’t matter. You have to win the conference and have no more than 1 loss to have a shot at the playoffs.

Without divisions you need wiggle room. 1 loss FSU and 1 loss Clemson means they’re both on the edge of being out of the ACC championship. Beat one and you take their place

But besides that…. F FSU and every loss brings recruits further doubt and Mike can’t keep the transfer portal magic going forever

Advertisement
This game doesn’t mean as much to Miami’s ACC title chances as you’d think. IMO you’re gonna have to put up a 7-1 record to get to the title. Hard to see these teams being in contention and all of the sudden losing to a bottom of the barrel team. Maybe Louisville or Cuse gets someone? I just don’t see anybody else other than those two making an impact outside of the 5 teams that have a realistic shot. And that’ll be cut down to 3 by the end of October.

FSU has Clemson, Miami, Cuse and Duke

Miami has UNC, FSU, Ville and Clemson (at NC State is tricky but right now looks like a win)

Clemson has a loss and still Cuse, Miami, UNC and FSU (at NC State is tricky but right now looks like a win)

Duke has a win vs Clemson still has FSU and UNC (home vs NC State and early enough to where they won’t be any better on offense. Looks like a win)

UNC has Miami, Duke, Cuse, Clemson, (at NC State is tricky but right now looks like a win)

Cuse is the wild card. Can they make it? IMO no, but they’re are gonna be a problem for weak defenses. They could very well determine who plays in Charlotte with an upset. Clemson with a loss on Saturday is probably eliminated. FSU with a win, has the inside track. Duke already has the other inside track and the easiest schedule left.

Any way you look at it, Miami’s only way out, is through. You get everybody but Duke. You earn your way there, or you sit and watch from the couch.

If Clemson doesnt self destruct with stupid penalties and inexplicable play calling like LSU and BC did against FSU, they will win.

Well....Clemson turned the ball over twice inside the 10 yard line against Duke, had to kick a field goal after having 1st and goal from the 1 yard line that got blocked, and had another field goal blocked after having 1st and 10 from the Duke 20 yard line. So....you could say the Duke game was their BC or they're also prone to big mistakes.

This times a million. Very educated post and it’s shocking to me how people don’t realize this every year. We all read the same **** on here every single season. If a team struggles, they suck. That’s not how football works. A+ post.
Difference is I'm sure those teams didn't commit 18 penalties for 120 plus yards or didn't come back from 31-10 at the end of the 3rd quarter. I definitely understand where you coming from but this was different than having a bad day somethings were exposed

Advertisement
I got Clemson winning this game. I just think it’s funny how nobody is giving Clemson a chance in this game. Everyone keeps saying that FSPoo played a bad game against BC, but don’t use that same logic for Clemson’s game against Duke. Plus, Duke is actually a pretty good team…certainly better than BC. I think Clemson’s D-Line will dominate the Noles O-Line and control the line of scrimmage. To me, FSU is not a complete team. They’re a team with a few elite players surrounded by a bunch of JAGS. To use an analogy, they’re like a Honda with a top of the line stereo system and some nice leather seats, but at the end of the day it’s still a Honda.

Clemson 24
Semenholes 17

Advertisement
UGA beat Mizzou last year in the final minute and should have lost. Mizzou went 6-7. Good teams lay stinkers, there’s no doubt about it. I think BC’s QB is a lot better than someone who would lead a 3 win team too, and he was a really big equalizer.
Still a big difference between a 6-7 SEC team that had 4 one score conference losses and a team that lost to Northern Illinois. Mizzou played in a bowl game. I understand that good teams have occasional nail biters against an average opponent but BC is not even average.

I see this game as a win win for us Canes. Either FSU loses or Clemson loses. If FSU loses I think it will be either due to a Travis injury or because they implode down the stretch. If FSU wins I think it’s by 2 scores and we can put the final nail in Dabos coffin in a few weeks.

Edit: rooting for Clemson though can’t ever root for the holes.

Advertisement
Back