Clements will shock you guys this season...

Advertisement
Really thought he appeared to be the best back when he got the ball last year. Loved his wiggle and burst into the line, he had no fear to hit the hole, speed was a question mark for me. Don't think he runs a 4.3 but if he is under 4.5 it would make me happy. Looking forward to him leading this team to victory next year.

Why do people do this?

He wasn't the best back. Miller was by far the best back, had a great year, and is a likely 1st rounder. My backup is always the best player at his position with fans

Really thought he appeared to be the best back when he got the ball last year. Loved his wiggle and burst into the line, he had no fear to hit the hole, speed was a question mark for me. Don't think he runs a 4.3 but if he is under 4.5 it would make me happy. Looking forward to him leading this team to victory next year.

Why do people do this?

He wasn't the best back. Miller was by far the best back, had a great year, and is a likely 1st rounder. My backup is always the best player at his position with fans
I think there saying he ran the hardest/hit the hole harder than any of our backs, including our short yardage "power" back

I think he flashed last year. But keep in mind he was a big big big time prospect coming out of High School with offers from everyone. I think he is on track from a maturation stand point but I think James has the big year Clements wil continue to flash.

But if we get that same guy from High School but the college version watch out.

I think he breaks out his Junior year. Sorry I will bet anything he isnt 4.3 the only back we have had in a while that ran that was Miller.

Portis was pretty fast a few steps faster than OT.

Advertisement
I say James, EC , Duke used in specialized role.

I tell u what though I would like to see the package with maybe Crawford and Duke in Wildcat seeing that Crawford can spin it pretty well.

I think he hits the hole hard, has good quickness, a good burst, good feet, and good vision based on the limited reps he saw. I don't think he has that extra gear that Miller has, but he doesn't lose his burst when making cuts.

I think he is better than M. James and should get most of the reps early as we work Duke into splitting time with Clements. I assume Duke will be ready to carry the ball early on, but can he pick up the blitzes and make the correct reads and pre-snap adjustments??? probably better to work his way in over time imo.

The more I think of it, the clearer it seems that EC should be our starter (unless injured) going into Fall and probably our first few games. As a Junior he should have the strength, stamina, and knowledge of the playbook to be our best option.

Advertisement
There is no doubt that he's going to be a big part of the offense next year, but Duke is the guy who will get the most carries next year. I could see the 3 backs roughly splitting carries, but in crunch time Duke will be getting the rock.

BTW - Does Dallas Crawford factor into this equation or do we believe his move to RB is strictly a spring fling??

I don't think anyone will be surprised or shocked at EC having a good year. The guy is highly talented and I think most expect him to take his game to the next level

Advertisement
Watched him on scout team during every practice in 2010. He's just not that good.

OT is a good kid, a hard worker, and a good teammate; but he's not particularly fast, explosive, strong, or shifty. Take it from a guy who has seen him play football more than anyone here.

Watched him on scout team during every practice in 2010. He's just not that good.

OT is a good kid, a hard worker, and a good teammate; but he's not particularly fast, explosive, strong, or shifty. Take it from a guy who has seen him play football more than anyone here.

Who is OT?

Advertisement

is that you Randy? GTFOH....

He reminded me of when Damien Berry started getting some playing time. People discounted it at first because it was in scrimmages or mop up, but he always got yards. Clements runs "angry". James will probably start off ahead, but I think by the end of the spring and going into the fall he'll have pulled even or ahead for playing time.

yep, and people over hyped Damien too.

I like Clements but I think he needs a lot of work. we really haven't seen enough of him to get a gauge of what he can do. we have def seen that he is not a 4.4 guy though. dude runs with a dead leg a la Javarris James

What was overhyped about Damien Berry? He had 283 carries for 1535 yards. That's 5.4 ypc. He also had 13 touchdowns. The kid made the Ravens developmental squad.

He reminded me of when Damien Berry started getting some playing time. People discounted it at first because it was in scrimmages or mop up, but he always got yards. Clements runs "angry". James will probably start off ahead, but I think by the end of the spring and going into the fall he'll have pulled even or ahead for playing time.

yep, and people over hyped Damien too.

I like Clements but I think he needs a lot of work. we really haven't seen enough of him to get a gauge of what he can do. we have def seen that he is not a 4.4 guy though. dude runs with a dead leg a la Javarris James

What was overhyped about Damien Berry? He had 283 carries for 1535 yards. That's 5.4 ypc. He also had 13 touchdowns. The kid made the Ravens developmental squad.

those are his career numbers I guess?

my point is that after the 2009 season when he had limited action and provided a spark, people were crowing him as the next coming. then in 2010 he was solid but not spectacular and ineffective at times as the starter.

Advertisement
Back