Changes to coaching staff

As WR coach? Yes, great recruiter BUT:

- We don’t know exactly how involved was with playcalling while at Clemson (it looks like Elliott was the man in charge there).
- At that time it was very easy to recruit elite WR with that orange paw logo on the shirt, it’s not a gimme that it will translate (i.e. Addae landed 5-star after 5-star at UGA)

I think we could do better than Scott tbh.
Yeah, Scott would be a risky hire if we brought him on as an OC. WR coach though? All about it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
addae was gone the moment cormani didnt even mention him in his interview. he committed to an analyst and mario and didnt bother to even acknowledge the DB coach lol.

steele - off field in an analyst role and get a young blood in there. try again for schumann.

O staff - yes all including mirabal are up to the new OC. no rerun of what mario did the first time around where he got told no by better candidates. if the new OC has a preferred OL coach, so be it. move mirabal off field and stay on in that capacity. OL wont be an issue regardless of whether Mirabal is here or off field bc mario is still here. no one on the O staff is untouchable when we get a new OC in here.
Agree in principle with the exception of IF Mullen, then he cannot bring in Hevesy to Corch the OL. Not even @flagator86 would support that hire.

What system he’d run here (or wherever he goes) in your opinion?
I would hope similar to what we saw from Clemson 2016-2018. It was balanced, uptempo, good RPO usage. Yes, he had crazy talent to work with but he had a major hand in acquiring those studs. And to me Clemson offensively took a noticeable step back without him when it was just Elliott running the show, Tony was lucky he still had Trevor & Etienne inflating stats and the perception of the offense. My only hesitation with Scott is he’d likely be an OC/Wr coach & we badly need an upgrade at Qb coach.

Advertisement
Honest question: how is Golesh even possible? Is he not the playcaller for TN? Is the thought that he wants more autonomy/credit by getting out from under Heupel?

Advertisement
I don’t know why Mario settled on Gattis. Likely due to timing and the Bama/Morrehead connection.

I’ve posted the other KNOWN candidates Mario was talking to. I feel like the Gattis hire was circumstantial and when looking at the other options he was on the right track.

Here is the team scoring rankings:

Golesh - Tenn. #1. 47.4 ppg
Candle - Toledo #23. 35.1ppg
Reese - Notre Dame #46 29.7ppg

Longo - UNC #10 40.1
G Riley - TCU #8 40.5
Raggerio- Wake F #20 35.9

Mario wants to win and this season is only going to make him more maniacal. I feel good that he’s gonna go get a DUDE(s) to run this offense. I’m also betting that they will be an improvement on the recruiting side from what’s currently in place
I think his first, second, and probably his third choice, turned him down. That would explain why it took so long to name an OC. By the time he got to Gattis, the Bama/Moorhead connection probably pushed him to the front of the line.

I think his first, second, and probably his third choice, turned him down. That would explain why it took so long to name an OC. By the time he got to Gattis, the Bama/Moorhead connection probably pushed him to the front of the line.
without a doubt Mario didn't get this first few choices. Gattis was a leftover about to hold a trophy, which made the hire on the surface "excellent".

Advertisement
As WR coach? Yes, great recruiter BUT:

- We don’t know exactly how involved was with playcalling while at Clemson (it looks like Elliott was the man in charge there).
- At that time it was very easy to recruit elite WR with that orange paw logo on the shirt, it’s not a gimme that it will translate (i.e. Addae landed 5-star after 5-star at UGA)

I think we could do better than Scott tbh.
He called plays at clemson too along with Elliot.

He called plays at clemson too along with Elliot.
Not according to this:

Maybe he started to call plays after that and he could have a great offensive mind regardless but still it looks that Tony Elliott was the man in charge there.

Aye you and @fraggle related?
Siamese Twins

Halloween What GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement
Back