Changes to coaching staff

Siamese Twins

Halloween What GIF by filmeditor
@RVACane
đź‘€

Advertisement
This may sound doom and gloom, but I don’t think a reputable P5 OC will come here with Mario’s reputation and our lack of offensive weaponry. I think we will have to take a chance on someone that is up-and-coming or is an “OC in name only.” Maybe we get lucky with a fired HC that has OC experience but I feel like the buy out money to do nothing thing makes that hard. We may need to go G5 OC or P5 position coach or maybe after a passing game coordinator or something from the NFL
Perhaps Charlie Weis Jr, co-OC at Ole Miss, makes $800k a year and you get some Lane Train by osmosis

Perhaps Charlie Weis Jr, co-OC at Ole Miss, makes $800k a year and you get some Lane Train by osmosis

Although he’s light on actually calling plays, I really like the coaching staffs he’s worked under and learned from

Not according to this:

Maybe he started to call plays after that and he could have a great offensive mind regardless but still it looks that Tony Elliott was the man in charge there.
It’s been mixed reports on it. But regardless you think the guy can’t call plays? Experience doesn’t make you good at something. It would be a very good hire

Advertisement
Isn’t he from the air raid tree? You think Mario would go that route?
Normally i’d say no but maybe this year opened his eyes to using a very complex , non player friendly offense. Especially with all the issues guys had picking it up. I’ve been told he’s not married to an offense so i guess we’ll see.

It’s been mixed reports on it. But regardless you think the guy can’t call plays? Experience doesn’t make you good at something. It would be a very good hire
Absolutely not, he could be a great play caller regardless of the experience.

I was just pointing out that we simply do not have enough evidence to say that.

I would hope similar to what we saw from Clemson 2016-2018. It was balanced, uptempo, good RPO usage. Yes, he had crazy talent to work with but he had a major hand in acquiring those studs. And to me Clemson offensively took a noticeable step back without him when it was just Elliott running the show, Tony was lucky he still had Trevor & Etienne inflating stats and the perception of the offense. My only hesitation with Scott is he’d likely be an OC/Wr coach & we badly need an upgrade at Qb coach.
Since he left that scheme tired and stale. I remember noticing it in the OSU playoff (the one they lost). They loooove tunnel screen into the boundary.

Advertisement
Normally i’d say no but maybe this year opened his eyes to using a very complex , non player friendly offense. Especially with all the issues guys had picking it up. I’ve been told he’s not married to an offense so i guess we’ll see.
Their offense has pretty much been terrible since brown has been there. No thanks. If we are looking for a former hc call Tom Herman.

Advertisement
I’m going to keep pounding the table for Tom Herman (although I’d be thrilled with Mullen too).

It makes too much sense with jaccuri (could be utilized like Ehlinger), the power spread element Mario has wanted, and Herman’s ability to alter his offense based on qb (see 2014 osu). Herman is also a way better recruiter than Mullen.

Not to mention Mario and Herman have a relationship when he went and learned the o from him after bama osu 2014.

Advertisement
The truth of that statement will determine how well Mario does during his time in Miami. Stick to your guns on running this current iteration of the offense and die a slow painful, mediocre death or evolve and come out guns blazing so that if you go down, at least you made it a show lol

. He has quite the good rep from his OC days. Great offenses. Big difference with a HC and OC.
His scoring offense was 108 and 63 his last two seasons as an oc. I don’t think his offenses cracked the top 40 while at Troy. Other than at ttu where literally everyone scores his offensive resume is rather unimpressive.

Advertisement
Back