CB Tim Merritt commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Yes sir!!!! I agree with you all the way!
Just to kinda continue on something @DMoney has said about going after big city kids. Birmingham is not gonna be as big as say Chicago or St Louis but its still an urban vibe so u can see the pull with kids there. Even a town like Savannah with a high blk population. You can get kids from these areas and its not as impossible as when people think the entire state is rural.
I can go on and on Chad Williams, Alonzo Ephraim, Jerrico Cottrey, Ameer Abdullah, Birmingham put it some ballers

I’ve said it on here ad nauseum. As the product of country folks who left for the big city, always shoot your shot at a country boy. He might be ready to get the **** outta there. Not saying that’s the case with Merritt and the Bama boys on the roster as Birmingham and Mobile are decent sized cities but you get my drift.

I’m glad we’re seeing it now, but imo, we should always go hard(pause) for interested kids from North Florida, Georgia, Bama, and South Cack…
South Krak in Da Building

Advertisement
Fun Fact: Both CB Tim Merritt and RG Nez Cooper (Current UM Lineman) High School Head coaches are cousins. They are young guys whose names hold weight in the Birmingham area. I know Mario has a great relationship with Coach LeBeaux at Pleasant Grove. Hopefully we can keep building a relationship with Frank at Parker. Those two guys will always have talented inner city kids from the Birmingham area who love ball and are DAWGS!!!!
From the sounds of D$’s latest podcast that their HV is high on the U. He spoke very glowing about us during the interview

1718139946527.gif

Advertisement
Think it will look like this

CB Hanks
CB Merritt
CB Ewald
DB Pickett
DB Wallace
S Fitzgerald (or apparently someone else if we are passing)

Then possibly another true safety (I tend to think either Wallace or Pickett ends up at safety, but it's definitely a position of need…So if we come up empty throwing the kitchen seat on a Stubbs flip, then one of Clardy, K.Jax, Branch, or maybe we get serious with Omarion Robinson who I like a lot)

What is your opinion/scouting report on Ewald?

His 11.6 100 is red flag to me but I don’t if that was just a bad day or whatnot.

Advertisement
FOLEY, DAPHNE, FAIRHOPE.....MOBILE man...

That FloriBama line.

We should receruit Birmingham and Mobile yearly if u ask me ..especially if your going in the panhandle anyway...Might as well.

Tylon Lee the DE we like is right there in Milton.

It would benefit us greatly! Especially along the front 7.

Advertisement
What is your opinion/scouting report on Ewald?

His 11.6 100 is red flag to me but I don’t if that was just a bad day or whatnot.

I'm pretty neutral, slightly pro-Ewald. I think he has some dawg to him, and I trust @gogeta4 who likes him, although admittedly he doesn't want him to be the headliner of the CB class. I know Menmon isn't the biggest fan.

I won't lose sleep if Ewald isn't in this class, but he's started and done well against a big-time schedule for couple years now, so I would welcome the take (as long as you have a Hanks/Antoine type to headline)

Last edited:
Broad River got a few Gangstas on it
Oh trust me fam I know! St.Andrews middle an Columbia high were pretty much all black schools I got a white mama black dad so I got tested alot wasn't a option u had to have hands lmao used to play with Mike Davis he went to Columbia high an played for Gamecocks the #25 light skin one(there was a #31 Mike davis a couple yeats later) . He put up 3k a couple years in HS! We used to call em Holla Back cause once he hit the hole he was gone! Myrtle beach a couple years ago won about 4 State titles in 5 years they got a pretty good program too. Had a QB we offered as a ATH I wanted to come to the U so **** bad Luke Doty he was all Gamecock tho 6'2 210 4.4! Dude was a bad ***

Advertisement
Back