CB Tim Merritt commits to Miami

View as article
They have to be really good though. There are a bunch of proven jags who hit the portal. Although proven that word really don’t mean **** if they cheeks. IMO
True. Scheme fits matter as well. A kid can be productive in one scheme but does little to nothing at another program. We have taken our fair share of transfers for a while. Unfortunately some have been underwhelming.

Advertisement
I'm interested to see how he handles getting drilled by a big DL. He is skinny.
Oh My God Wow GIF

Advertisement
Exactly! A bunch of underwhelming players getting recycled.
i would say probably 80 to 90% of the entire portal are just fillers. U can stack more through HS but there are misses there as well. And the best recruiting schools now grab the best portal players as well. That window where u can grab the best in the portal low key is not a secret anymore. So the best portal guys already know where they are going before they hit the portal because of tampering.

Advertisement
Recruiting is great! Now the next step as a staff is getting better at teaching and GameDay decisions. One thing Bill Belichick, Saban, Urban, the guy at Iowa, Wisconsin...all have in common is they adapt to the players they have and the opponents. No matter how good or bad your roster is your going to have to outsmart ppl and your ego. There's injuries ,bust....in a 17 game season Mich wasn't more talented then OSU Bama wasn't better then UGA Washington wasn't better then Texas they out coach them. Also it make recruiting easier and NIL cheaper when you sell guys on how I can make you better vs how you can help us.
That's why I think we need a QB guru and need to use our skill guys better. Dawson- I can teach you XsOs but not improve your accuracy is a trash comment that why CJ dad wanted him at NCST. Also Running speed guy like Chris Johnson up the middle is dumb. Saban, Kiffin, Pete Carroll all understand thunder and lightning RB approach. Play to each guys strength.

Advertisement
I only see that at certain positions. For me, U must get elite DB's, DL and probably OL out of high school. Its hard to get them in the portal. QBs and some other position, you have more chances of getting a good one.
U only see that at certain positions huh? BIG PAUSE & NO DIDDY! Aye Scott lemme holla at cha bout sun
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Aye Yo! Hit the button next time

i would say probably 80 to 90% of the entire portal are just fillers. U can stack more through HS but there are misses there as well. And the best recruiting schools now grab the best portal players as well. That window where u can grab the best in the portal low key is not a secret anymore. So the best portal guys already know where they are going before they hit the portal because of tampering.
For real, when Caleb Downs hit the portal after being an AA on a final 4 team as a true freshman, you knew this was going to shake things up. At least Cam Ward went from FCS, to WSU, to P4. You understood why he was leveling up but Caleb Downs changed the game imo. Caleb Williams too.

Advertisement
For real, when Caleb Downs hit the portal after being an AA on a final 4 team as a true freshman, you knew this was going to shake things up. At least Cam Ward went from FCS, to WSU, to P4. You understood why he was leveling up but Caleb Downs changed the game imo. Caleb Williams too.
Ward is low key the best kept secret casuals dont know about yet, he about to be a household name this season.

Wasn't UGA the first to make a pretty big splash in the portal when Kirby took the UGA job? Didnt he take a DB from Bama who was highly rated and played well for UGA? Maybe im mistaken or was high asf. Downs already knew where he was going but I thought it was UGA and OSU came from no where and uno reversed UGA.

Ward is low key the best kept secret casuals dont know about yet, he about to be a household name this season.

Wasn't UGA the first to make a pretty big splash in the portal when Kirby took the UGA job? Didnt he take a DB from Bama who was highly rated and played well for UGA? Maybe im mistaken or was high asf. Downs already knew where he was going but I thought it was UGA and OSU came from no where and uno reversed UGA.
Kirby went to UGA in 2018, correct? I don’t remember situation with the transfer back then. But I’ll still believe Caleb changed how the portal was perceived. Yea, he knew where he was going but the majority of guys who sign out the portal already have an idea of where they are going. I believe Caleb not only changed the perception but open up more eyes on how to recruit it and everyone is for grabs.

As for Ward, he’s a beast. IMO the PAC 12 had the best qb play in the country last year.

Kirby went to UGA in 2018, correct? I don’t remember situation with the transfer back then. But I’ll still believe Caleb changed how the portal was perceived. Yea, he knew where he was going but the majority of guys who sign out the portal already have an idea of where they are going. I believe Caleb not only changed the perception but open up more eyes on how to recruit it and everyone is for grabs.

As for Ward, he’s a beast. IMO the PAC 12 had the best qb play in the country last year.
Kirby took over in 2016

Advertisement
Back