Canes vs. GT

Frustrating, but as anyone that watches ACC basketball knows, every road game is an adventure. I'm quite sure GT hasn't gone perfect from the FT line in the last 20 years. Guess what happened tonight? Combine that with Miami not being efficient and this happens. You are going to have a night like this in a season. The question is how this team responds, will they tank the next game, allowing GT to in essence beat them twice, or will they come out and handle BC and salvage the week?

Advertisement
Almost blew the game against UVA in the same fashion. This team has zero poise down the stretch of games

Sure, but name me a team that is “poised” down the stretch in a close game, especially on the road.

The fact we win more than we lose these close games shows the team’s resilience and Coach L’s guidance.

Go whine and b**** about the loss, it was bound to happen.

Advertisement
I only trust him and Jordan miller right now
Yea no I don’t trust anyone. I didn’t expect this team to run the table in conference but losses like these are extremely frustrating. You just can’t lose to teams like Ga Tech.

Advertisement
Sure, but name me a team that is “poised” down the stretch in a close game, especially on the road.

The fact we win more than we lose these close games shows the team’s resilience and Coach L’s guidance.

most college teams aren't tbh. college basketball is eyeballs horrible in terms of quality of play.

Frustrating, but as anyone that watches ACC basketball knows, every road game is an adventure. I'm quite sure GT hasn't gone perfect from the FT line in the last 20 years. Guess what happened tonight? Combine that with Miami not being efficient and this happens. You are going to have a night like this in a season. The question is how this team responds, will they tank the next game, allowing GT to in essence beat them twice, or will they come out and handle BC and salvage the week?
BC is a home game so that is a big difference.

Advertisement
most college teams aren't tbh. college basketball is eyeballs horrible in terms of quality of play.
100%

It’s exactly why our scramble defense works, especially in second halves and late in games…college players are rarely composed

This was an awful game for us. Terrible from 3, terrible from the FT line.

Before the overreactions: Winning on the road in the ACC is tough. It’s even harder when you’re playing a desperate team with nothing to play for (coupled with their shooting) as they showed tonight.

Disaster of a game. Had a chance to get outta there with a win and couldn’t make free throws. Complete choke job. This loss is gonna come back to bite this team.
How so? Btw, we were 5 of 30 from 3. Complexion of game changed as soon as Omier fouled out.

Advertisement

Stop using logic and whatnot around here. Everyone sucks, their record is fraudulent, merely because of one bad night. That's this fanbase, especially those that apparently think that basketball is like football where one bad loss pretty much sinks your entire season.

This team has CONSISTENTLY been outstanding in the second half this season, but somehow they aren't poised. Make it make sense. This loss was frustrating because it was there to be had and this team just ran out of gas. I don't know if it was a case of "Bound to happen eventually" or what, but it seemed as if everything that could go wrong, did. Now watch as the pollsters drop us to like 25th or something, even though Duke got rolled and other teams lost too. Oh well, doesn't matter.

It's my fault fellas. I really haven't watched a game all season (just checking stats) and we were winning this game late......until I started watching. Sorry.

Advertisement
Back