Canes vs. Fake African-American Studies Program

Anyone who thinks we are down by 24 points because of the refs is a bleeping idiot and should be banned.

Advertisement
In the post game handshake it looked like Roy Williams said something to L like...'...hope you forgive me...' Hmmm.

Reed was way off today and that really hurt us. Newton went back to playing his horrendous style of basketball. If I was coach L I would have sat him anytime he made a stupid play. Let him know that if he wants to play selfish and reckless, he simply won't play. I expected to lose and to lose by double digits. But not this bad. Hopefully we can take the next week and look at our last two games and see how different of a team we are when we pass compared to when we play one on one ball. We had two seperate stretches today where we went over 5 minutes without a FG. That can't happen again.

Whatever. 0 days rest with a 7 man rotation against one of the best teams in the country. Next.

Advertisement
Reed was way off today and that really hurt us. Newton went back to playing his horrendous style of basketball. If I was coach L I would have sat him anytime he made a stupid play. Let him know that if he wants to play selfish and reckless, he simply won't play. I expected to lose and to lose by double digits. But not this bad. Hopefully we can take the next week and look at our last two games and see how different of a team we are when we pass compared to when we play one on one ball. We had two seperate stretches today where we went over 5 minutes without a FG. That can't happen again.

And I am glad you are not Coach L.

Many posters here are loser scum. Let me tell you tmm how I really feel, they are worse than scum. Bitcing about wins and such.

We will beat unc.

Call them out.

He's calling you out whether intentionally or not... just look at your posts during in-game threads.... feel free to turn in your CANE card at the next stop.

Tin Foil Man has conversations in his head and speaks for others.

Oh yeah...

Obsessed%2B2009%2BMSS%2Bdvdcover.jpg

Keep stalking tin foil man.

Advertisement
Ugly but not unexpected. Lack of scoring again does us in.

Lack of scoring is what scares me about this team. We're good enough to compete with and even beat any team that will be in the tourney. But when we struggle to score, we struggle for a long time. Those droughts will kill us against consistently good competition.

And I am glad you are not Coach L.

Teaching him a lesson in a game that is not a must win and we were down by double digits makes sense. Do you watch the team? He's been with us for 3 years and still makes the same bad decisions he made as a freshmen. Has the talent to be such an asset for us but remains a big liability. We needed him this year but if he does not learn how to play the game the right way for next year and still gets big minutes, he could hurt a potentially incredible season.

Many posters here are loser scum. Let me tell you tmm how I really feel, they are worse than scum. Bitcing about wins and such.

We will beat unc.

Call them out.

He's calling you out whether intentionally or not... just look at your posts during in-game threads.... feel free to turn in your CANE card at the next stop.

Oh yeah...

Not sure what you are talking about which is how most feel on this board when it comes to your comments on the basketball board... move along.

No chance. That false run to end the first half was great benefit toward the second half wager. You could already see how overmatched we were. That phony 7-0 run to close the first half brought the second half line back to not much higher than the original game spread, when combined with the 5 point gap at halftime.

Throughout the first half I was kicking myself for not betting North Carolina in the game. It was as low as -7 initially before being pushed to -8.5. That's the long term trend. The elite programs that are allowed to feast on a second tier team coming off a play-in game are rested and in great shape. The spread invariably is pushed up a point or two from the opener, and generally the result is even more lopsided.

That game demonstrates that the Canes have no chance at a basketball national title, or serious run at one. Larranaga may be the best coach on campus but it couldn't be more irrelevant. We can't attract the type of talent necessary to string together 6 wins in the tournament. That's an entirely different level. When we've got guys like Rodney Miller on the roster it's all you need to know. I had to accept the same about my USC alma mater decades ago, in regard to basketball. The titles can still come in football and baseball but not this sport.

Still, it's been enjoyable to watch this team evolve and improve, even if I get sick of all the 3 point shots. That slowdown tactic against Duke was tremendous strategy and helped us steal a game we weren't going to win under normal number of possessions.

Advertisement
No chance. That false run to end the first half was great benefit toward the second half wager. You could already see how overmatched we were. That phony 7-0 run to close the first half brought the second half line back to not much higher than the original game spread, when combined with the 5 point gap at halftime.

Throughout the first half I was kicking myself for not betting North Carolina in the game. It was as low as -7 initially before being pushed to -8.5. That's the long term trend. The elite programs that are allowed to feast on a second tier team coming off a play-in game are rested and in great shape. The spread invariably is pushed up a point or two from the opener, and generally the result is even more lopsided.

That game demonstrates that the Canes have no chance at a basketball national title, or serious run at one. Larranaga may be the best coach on campus but it couldn't be more irrelevant. We can't attract the type of talent necessary to string together 6 wins in the tournament. That's an entirely different level. When we've got guys like Rodney Miller on the roster it's all you need to know. I had to accept the same about my USC alma mater decades ago, in regard to basketball. The titles can still come in football and baseball but not this sport.

Still, it's been enjoyable to watch this team evolve and improve, even if I get sick of all the 3 point shots. That slowdown tactic against Duke was tremendous strategy and helped us steal a game we weren't going to win under normal number of possessions.

I typically agree with you and I agree with your first two paragraphs. It's obvious this team can't compete for a national championship this year but we are now finally attracting top talent and it will show over the next few years. This was a rebuilding year for us because of all the transfers over the past few years. Leconte should be our point guard and instead he's starting for a top 10 team. We had 3 top 100 players last year and are bringing in 3 top 50 players this year. Rodney Miller is no where near ready to play but he was a solid recruit and I'm sure in 2 years coach L will have him as a contributor. And by the way, we have a winning record against both Duke and Carolina since Coach L came here. That was with much less talent than what we will be working with over the next four years. You are way off here.

We will beat unc.

Call them out.

Oh yeah...

Not sure what you are talking about which is how most feel on this board when it comes to your comments on the basketball board... move along.

Who are "most" you delusional potato?

Who do you talk to tin foil man? Name drop kunty, come on. Who is "most"?

Also, how many of your posts are unsolicited comments about me? I don't seek you kunty, you just look for me. It is a funny pathetic obsession you have.

Guys, AustinCane called me and told me we just blew our chance to be seeded in the NIT and that this loss puts Coach L on the hot seat. Discuss.

Advertisement
What's our seeding going to be.

I'm thinking seeded 7th out west with a potential 2nd round match up vs UCLA or Oregon if we can win the first game which I definitely think we can.

Should be 7, but we're Miami. I'm thinking it'll be 8. We should have been a 1 in 2013, could have been a 2 seed in 2016, should have made the tourney in 2015, and could have (should have) in 2012.

Went to the games yesterday and today. If you haven't been to an ACC Tournament, it is a lot of fun. Tickets were dirt cheap yesterday and today. There are plenty of hotels within walking distance, great bars, and plenty of good places to eat.

Basically, everyone gets along real well as long as you aren't cheering for Duke.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back