Canes #11 in coaches poll and #12 in AP

Advertisement
Agreed we just need to win but those rankings are a joke. Xavier stays ahead of us after a horrible loss. Villanova jumps us with 2 losses. These rankings don't matter at all if we finish in the top 3 in the ACC or win the conference championship.

Not that it matters...but I think that the biggest insult is as no. 4 seed in the tourney according to Bracketology.

Just keep winnin'...

Advertisement
Not that it matters...but I think that the biggest insult is as no. 4 seed in the tourney according to Bracketology.

Just keep winnin'...

Plus he had 4 ACC teams in the same regional. Miami would not be a 4 seed if the season ended today.

Why do you guys complain so much about our ranking when we are right at about the spot our resume deserves?

It's not about our resume as much as the teams that are ranked ahead of us. College basketball can't be taken too seriously.

Advertisement
#10 or 11 would be about right. That is not a $4 seed though. It doesnt really matter at this point what we are ranked, it just adds interest.

It's not about our resume as much as the teams that are ranked ahead of us. College basketball can't be taken too seriously.

And what is wrong with any of the teams currently ranked ahead of us being ahead of us? A solid argument could be made for every single one of them.

Why do you guys complain so much about our ranking when we are right at about the spot our resume deserves?

Who the *** are you?

Hello, my name is Scott. Now would you like to refute my statement?

Oh because you proved your statement?

Miami:

RPI is 17
BPI is 5

I won't even argue against KU, OU, MSU, Maryland or UVA.

So depending on the poll, you're left with the following:

6. UNC

Lost to UNR Texas (8-5) and UNI (9-6)

RPI is 12
BPI is 10

TOP 25 wins (Current): Maryland

They have more losses both unranked. Their RPI is better, our BPI is better. We each have 1 Top 25 win, theirs is better.

No reason a 2 loss UNC should be ahead of Miami.

7. Zona

Lost to Providence (see below)

RPI is 27
BPI is 20

Top 25 Wins (Current): Zero

Miami has a better BPI and RPI. We have a top 25 win, they have none. They have a better loss.

Miami has the advantage.

8. Providence

Lost to MSU (understandable)

RPI is 8
BPI is 31

Top 25 Wins (Current): Zona and Butler

I give the advantage to Providence. They have the better resume.

9. Kentucky

Lost to UNR UCLA and UNR OSU

RPI is 6
BPI is 17

Top 25 Wins (Current): UL and Duke

Again, they have 2 losses. We split the the RPI BPI. They have more Top 25 wins.

Advantage Miami, we don't have the second loss.

10. Xavier

Lost to Villanova

RPI is 1
BPI is 9

Top 25 Wins (Current): Butler

Advantage Xavier. They have better loss, we split the RPI BPI and we have the same win.

11. Villanova

Lost to OU and UVA

RPI is 2
BPI is 12

Top 25 Wins (Current): Xavier

They have 2 losses, both are to ranked teams by double digits (23 and 11). We split the RPI and BPI. They have a better win.

Advantage Miami.

I don't see how any 2 loss team should be ahead of us at this point. We lost 1 game by 1 point on a buzzer beater. I didn't even bother throwing Duke in this equation because that is a joke (our BPI and RPI are better).

Care to play?

Advertisement

It is not as much about who should be not be ranked ahead of the U at this exact point in time...it is more about what has happened over the past 3 years, or so...about how this team is always being devalued by the polls, selection committee, etc. It is just blatant disrespect.

In 2013, we win the ACC regular season championship, the ACC tourney, beat Duke...Duke gets the no. 1 seed...the U gets #2 in the NCAAs. Someone explain that...

Last season, we had more wins and a better resume than Ole Miss, Georgia, and UCLA. All 3 of them made the tourney. We are not talking about a single team where the committee has to start splitting hairs...we are talking about a far better resume than 3 teams that got in.

I wish that I remember where I saw it, but a preseason poll had this team at no. 16. What happened to that? They beat Butler on a neutral court by double digits and Butler gets ranked higher with the same amount of losses? How can a team with basically and identical record get ranked higher after you beat them?

And since you asked...I would not have Providence or Arizona ranked higher (especially Arizona).

Last edited:

Who the *** are you?

Hello, my name is Scott. Now would you like to refute my statement?

Oh because you proved your statement?

Miami:

RPI is 17
BPI is 5

I won't even argue against KU, OU, MSU, Maryland or UVA.

So depending on the poll, you're left with the following:

6. UNC

Lost to UNR Texas (8-5) and UNI (9-6)

RPI is 12
BPI is 10

TOP 25 wins (Current): Maryland

They have more losses both unranked. Their RPI is better, our BPI is better. We each have 1 Top 25 win, theirs is better.

No reason a 2 loss UNC should be ahead of Miami.

7. Zona

Lost to Providence (see below)

RPI is 27
BPI is 20

Top 25 Wins (Current): Zero

Miami has a better BPI and RPI. We have a top 25 win, they have none. They have a better loss.

Miami has the advantage.

8. Providence

Lost to MSU (understandable)

RPI is 8
BPI is 31

Top 25 Wins (Current): Zona and Butler

I give the advantage to Providence. They have the better resume.

9. Kentucky

Lost to UNR UCLA and UNR OSU

RPI is 6
BPI is 17

Top 25 Wins (Current): UL and Duke

Again, they have 2 losses. We split the the RPI BPI. They have more Top 25 wins.

Advantage Miami, we don't have the second loss.

10. Xavier

Lost to Villanova

RPI is 1
BPI is 9

Top 25 Wins (Current): Butler

Advantage Xavier. They have better loss, we split the RPI BPI and we have the same win.

11. Villanova

Lost to OU and UVA

RPI is 2
BPI is 12

Top 25 Wins (Current): Xavier

They have 2 losses, both are to ranked teams by double digits (23 and 11). We split the RPI and BPI. They have a better win.

Advantage Miami.

I don't see how any 2 loss team should be ahead of us at this point. We lost 1 game by 1 point on a buzzer beater. I didn't even bother throwing Duke in this equation because that is a joke (our BPI and RPI are better).

Care to play?
We lost to North Eastern. We have a worse loss than any of those teams you listed an argument against. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that is why we are lower. My Favorite thing about your entire post is you fail to mention North Eastern by name because you know its that bad.

Im laughing at you giving us the advantage over Kentucky, Villanova, and UNC. All three teams have obvious better resumes even with the 2 losses. The only one that you have us over that we actually look better than at this point is Zona. Its time to take your home goggles off.

I dont need to make an argument. The polls do it for me.

Advertisement

It is not as much as who should be not be ranked ahead of the U at this exact point in time...it is more about what has happened over the past 3 years, or so...about how this team is always being devalued by the polls, selection committee, etc. It is just blatant disrespect.

In 2013, we win the ACC regular season championship, the ACC tourney, beat Duke...Duke gets the no. 1 seed...the U gets #2 in the NCAAs. Someone explain that...

Last season, we had more wins and better resumes than Ole Miss, Georgia, and UCLA. All 3 of them made the tourney. We are not talking about a single team where the committee has to start splitting hairs...we are talking about a far better resume than 3 teams that got in.

I wish that I remember where I saw it, but a preseason poll had this team at no. 16. What happened to that? They beat Butler on a neutral court by double digits and Butler gets ranked higher with the same amount of losses? How can a team with basically and identical record get ranked higher after you beat them?

And since you asked...I would not have Providence or Arizona ranked higher (especially Arizona).

Duke didnt get a number 1 seed... they got a number 2 seed just like us in 2013 and we were ranked higher. If you are going to rant about us being disrespected at least have an actual example of when we have been instead of some made up stuff.

Last year we had by far the worst losses of any team on the bubble. It wasnt a surprise when it came down to it that we didnt get in.

Correct...I guess my memory was not serving me so correctly. But has there been any ACC regular season and Tourney champion that has not gotten the no. 1 seed?

It is not as much as who should be not be ranked ahead of the U at this exact point in time...it is more about what has happened over the past 3 years, or so...about how this team is always being devalued by the polls, selection committee, etc. It is just blatant disrespect.

Last season, we had more wins and better resumes than Ole Miss, Georgia, and UCLA. All 3 of them made the tourney. We are not talking about a single team where the committee has to start splitting hairs...we are talking about a far better resume than 3 teams that got in.

Duke didnt get a number 1 seed... they got a number 2 seed just like us in 2013 and we were ranked higher. If you are going to rant about us being disrespected at least have an actual example of when we have been instead of some made up stuff.

Last year we had by far the worst losses of any team on the bubble. It wasnt a surprise when it came down to it that we didnt get in.

I believe Miami was the 1st ACC team to ever win the conference and the conference championship and not get a 1 seed!

UVA just lost to Virginia Polytechnic Institute. I don't think they should be ahead of us.

Advertisement
Back