Cam = Best QB in UM history?

SeanTaylor26

Recruit
Premium
I would argue that from what we've seen so far, Cam is clearly the best QB we've ever had in UM history talent-wise (and I went to school at UM during the Dorsey era of 1999-2002). No QB in our past history has had anywhere near the skill that he possesses. It looks like he will definitely have the greatest individual statistical season of all UM QB's this season barring injury. I believe that Cam's 2024 season will rival Willis McGahee's 2002 season and Sean Taylor's 2003 season when all is said and done. Be grateful for this guys and go to every game that you can! It's not often that you hit lightning in a bottle! We will all miss Cam next season when he's in the NFL. And make sure that you all join Canes Connection and support the program so that we can hopefully keep bringing in top level talent like Cam and Baron long into the foreseeable future! Let's go CANES!!!!!!

Advertisement
1726510919562.gif

He's easily the best QB we've had since Dorsey and maybe including Dorsey. I'm not ready to put him ahead of Kosar, Testaverde or Kelly yet.
Better than testeverde already. Let's see how he handles real pressure like game winning drives, clutch throws, etc. Then we'll know for sure. All signs point to yes!

Advertisement
Definitely goin to as many games as possible and enjoying this moment..

We really cooking with a magician at QB in air raid offense.. dreams do come true
Absolutely agreed

We get one year with Cam and X. People can be fans anyway they choose to but I’ve been waiting 20 years for this

I’m gonna stay weird about it

He's easily the best QB we've had since Dorsey and maybe including Dorsey. I'm not ready to put him ahead of Kosar, Testaverde or Kelly yet.

oh com'n!! He way better than Kenny Kelly.

;)

(But seriously...I agree. I love the guy, but to go down in our history books, we need to see it when the level of opposition is better)

Advertisement
Exactly.

Most talented, possibly, if not probably…Kelly might have been up there.

Ken Dorsey was proof positive that having the most talent doesn’t always guarantee the prize….he lacked speed, arm strength, etc…but won at the highest level using the talent around him and out film studying the next guy.

If Cam can balance an NFL audition year and individual accomplishments with making sure to involve the talent around him…man oh man. I only wish we had more than one year with the kid.

Advertisement
This feels like an off season question but due to the nature of Wards 6-7 month career here I guess we had to crowbar this in at some point.

Right now he not even top 5..and he's still behind guys that some on this board hate... Lets let him win a few more games. Kyle Wright was HM All Acc as a Soph. Jacory Harris was 9-4 his first full year....these were "the next great one"

Yes.

The last twenty years have really done a number on this fanbase, everybody scared to get ahead of themselves. **** that. We’re watching the best qb we’ve had, talk ****.

Kyle Wright and Jacory Harris. Jesus Christ.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back