Bryce Fitzgerald Safety from Columbus

How many more 4.7 safeties do we need to roll out there for people in this forum to understand that speed matters?

“Ah, he made a bad read and it costs us 50yds!”
“****! He was ONE step away from getting to the alley on that screen!”
“Does the scheme cover 4 verts!? How come our guys are always getting beat deep!!!”

/South FL 4* safety that isn’t physical and runs 4.7 enters the chat…

“He’s got instincts bro!”

There's another side of that coin though… Tory Mitchell says hi

Kam Kinchens was a top 15-20 safety in CFB
James Williams top 40
Jaquan Johnson was excellent at UM.

I understand the concerns, though.

According to Ivins he ran a 4.4 and tested well at UA Miami or Orlando earlier this spring.

Also…(legit asking)…Is this False ^^

Advertisement
Outside of Hanks, are all the '25 dbs down here "instinctual" types?

Cox is a track athlete with excellent times I believe, they are somewhere on this board.

Also…Tavius Horne from STA I believe has good track times?

Last edited:
There's another side of that coin though… Tory Mitchell says hi

Kam Kinchens was a top 15-20 safety in CFB
James Williams top 40
Jaquan Johnson was excellent at UM.

I understand the concerns, though.

Also…(legit asking)…Is this False ^^

+ 4.4 is 100% not true.
+ You must forget how most of the season people - myself included - would have babies all over the board week over week when Williams and Kinchens would be a step too slow to make a play.

The difference between 4.5 and 4.7 is pretty big.

Advertisement
How many more 4.7 safeties do we need to roll out there for people in this forum to understand that speed matters?

“Does the scheme cover 4 verts!? How come our guys are always getting beat deep!!!”

Preach bruh. U can call the right play and if he gets beat that’s on the player being slow. It’s the coaches fault for offering the scholly knowing they can’t cover that ground. This is so much facts right here.

In Donnos latest episode the guest said if u want to beat UGA u have to get the guys they are getting. It’s that **** simple but people make it rocket science

Speed does matter. But there are players that don’t run 4.3 and are great. Just as there are players who run 4.3 and suck. I don’t like hearing he’s not physical though

+ 4.4 is 100% not true.
+ You must forget how most of the season people - myself included - would have babies all over the board week over week when Williams and Kinchens would be a step too slow to make a play.

I’m with you here. I do understand what you’re trying to say.

Advertisement
Ed Reed did. Kitchens wasent fast. I can name lots of players that weren’t 4.3 But I’ll level with you. I didn’t know he was 4.7 and I didn’t know he wasent physical.

You’re right.

4.5 guys can win at the NFL level. It was silly to generalize.

Still, those guys are the exceptions and not the rule. For the most part, the lack of speed doesn’t translate into success at any level.

Normally I’d be with you guys especially with the 100 time but I’m almost certain Ivins and another 247 guy said he hit 4.4 on the lasers. I’ve also heard many people this offseason talk about how fast he is.

11.6 is inexplicable but 11.6 guys don’t run 4.4-4.5. If that time was reliable he’d be a 4.7 at best. Too many people have mentioned his speed so he gets a pass over here.

Advertisement
“FSU is the real DBU”

Tf is this
In fairness, he meant in quantity as they normally oversign DBs on a yearly basis

IMG_6602.gif

Advertisement
You’re right.

4.5 guys can win at the NFL level. It was silly to generalize.

Still, those guys are the exceptions and not the rule. For the most part, the lack of speed doesn’t translate into success at any level.
Bro I didn’t know the kid was 4.7 and the point on Williams and kitchens being late is correct also.

Fitzgerald has a verified, laser-timed 40 in the 4.4s. He can run.

Athleticism and ball skills aren’t the question. It’s his physicality at safety. There is a reason he has no tackling clips on his HL. He may fit better at corner or on offense.

+ 4.4 is 100% not true.

This!

Advertisement
Back