Bryce Fitzgerald Safety from Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed like it was always simply whether we wanted him or not. I’ve been indifferent on him signing here although I am intrigued with his centerfield ability/range and ball production (that often translates to next level). With Wallace’s short term future up in the air, why not? I just don’t want him playing on the boundary. As a post guy and/or Nickel, we can do a lot worse.

Advertisement
tapatalk_1568412319051.gif

This kid should’ve been a priority from the outset, if nothing else just to keep a high caliber player from a feeder school - but with our 2nd safety in the class having that freak injury at practice, it became a MUST that we land Fitz.
Wait, what? Who?

Seemed like it was always simply whether we wanted him or not. I’ve been indifferent on him signing here although I am intrigued with his centerfield ability/range and ball production (that often translates to next level). With Wallace’s short term future up in the air, why not? I just don’t want him playing on the boundary. As a post guy and/or Nickel, we can do a lot worse.
What's up with Wallace? Hurt?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I once heard a wise man say, "The one thing he's elite at is playing safety, know what I mean? You wanna get safeties, they gotta play safety. Safety is the hardest position on defense to play. I think he's instinctive. I don't think there's any way to coach a player to make those plays that he makes. They either see it or they don't. It's hard to train. Safeties have to be able to react to run or pass. It's the last line of defense. They have to be the most versatile. They have to cover, come up and support the run. Play deep ball, have to make their checks".

Can he play safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back