Brilliant Coaching (If not **** Move) or Lucky Corching?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Get Out Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

More blame should go to Howard for being stupid. Taint could have hit a quick out for 7 yards and got out of bounds for a fg try. Worst case scenario should have been a hail mary with a second left.

This.

Seen a lot of unbelievably bad decisions by QBs in the closing seconds the last couple weeks. The Tennessee kid did it last week when he ran out of bounds as clock ran out. South Carolina quarterback could’ve easily completed a pass to get them in range for a game-winning field goal, instead lobs up a dying quail .500 ball that gets picked. Then Howard.

Advertisement
First, I don't believe Lanning did this on purpose. Second, if he did this against a smart QB like Ward he would of noticed and token a quick shot down field to get to field goal range or td, since he knows it's a free play
The point though of what they did (I believe on purpose) was stacking the defense with 12 to prevent an explosive downfield play.

Worst part is Ohio State still had one timeout left. They could have thrown over the middle of the field as well. Guess they can take that timeout back with them to Columbus.

Advertisement
The point though of what they did (I believe on purpose) was stacking the defense with 12 to prevent an explosive downfield play.
I personally believe the pressure lost by having a free play to a good QB is greater then the difficulty of adding one extra defender. Worst case scenario you can spike the ball, take 1 second off the clock and take the free yards.

Advertisement
If they wouldve had a big gain to get in fg range...People wouldn't be saying this. They only needed 10-15 yards and decline the penalty

Really don't see it as some super smart move.

Advertisement
Back