Brian Hartline

Advertisement
Maybe we catch Kevin Wilson when he flames out at Tulsa.. Hopefully the game wont pass him by as he is up there already in age..

Advertisement
He will run Days offense but he should know it well enough to run it and add his little wrinkles to it. ****, I would take that right now over what Shattis was running smh! They run real routes with their WRs smh.

Day was asked about play-calling duties going forward:

“Year after year, you sit down and you evaluate everything in the program,” added Day. “Evaluate where college football is. Demands of the job. The way it is now as opposed to two years ago, four years ago. Have to look at time management. I think during the season, or during the offseason, no problem at all. Beginning of the season, pretty good. As we get to the middle of the season, end of the season, I feel that there’s time where I have to manage my time a little bit better. Make sure that as the head coach there’s enough presence going around the building later in the season. Trying to figure out how to remedy that. Making sure that I’m evaluating myself as the head coach the right way. And there’s a lot of different things that are changing on a daily basis.

“Whether that’s giving up the play calling or letting Brian do it or not, we’ll decide that here in the next few months probably. But just trying to figure out how to do a better job.”

Alas, Ryan Day has been in-charge of the Ohio State offense since before he became the Buckeyes head coach, so it’d be a huge change for the program if he was to give up play calling duties. However, it’s a change that could be needed, due to the various demands of being a head coach at the collegiate level.

--“What we’re going to do is going through the spring,” Create some environments where we can have Jim [Knowles] call it. Have an opportunity for Brian to call it. Then we’ll come up for air at the end of the spring. Figure out what that dynamic looks like going into the preseason and obviously the season."

“We won’t decide on any of that now. But give him an opportunity to call it this spring and see how that goes.”

Hartline, this spring:

1675266329388.jpeg

Advertisement
he struggles with anxiety I have been told. he probably wants training wheels.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back