2025 Ben Hanks Jr 4* CB from Booker T Commits to the Gator

Advertisement
The AD spot will tell you when Billy’s time is up. Stricklin gets fired Billy will be shortly after. Lagway has no impact.
Yea if it’s real bad he’s gone depending how they lose. If they out there getting destroyed then he’s gone imo. They are where we were (we are getting out of that cycle this season imo) they get a couple of recruits like LJ Vernell etc. but that’s not enough elite players.

You are setting yourself up to lose vs talented teams and you will have teams that shouldn’t beat you beat you. Pause…..because of major holes and weaknesses that even teams that don’t recruit top players will have a chance to exploit those weaknesses. If an Arkansas for example finds a gem on the DL and they have holes on their OL and they can’t block him that changes games period. And it’s possible they can lose games like that, it’s what has happened to us throughout the years.

billy isnt getting fired this year. they'll give him at least 1 real season of Lagway under center
Even if they get stomped by canes and fsu and only win 5-6games??

Actually imo if we do a good job and stomp and embarrass them at home first game, their season goes spiraling immediately.

Advertisement
Even if they get stomped by canes and fsu and only win 5-6games??

Actually imo if we do a good job and stomp and embarrass them at home first game, their season goes spiraling immediately.
hes not getting fired this year imo

hes not getting fired this year imo

You can say that. And you can believe that. But if they are posting their fourth straight sub-.500 season and dealing with the prospect that nobody wants to play with Lagway under Slingblade Billy, they will definitely cut ties.

It's easier to keep a recent QB recruit than it is to fill the other 84-104 spots on the roster.

Bbq Barbecue GIF by VICE WORLD OF SPORTS

Advertisement
You can say that. And you can believe that. But if they are posting their fourth straight sub-.500 season and dealing with the prospect that nobody wants to play with Lagway under Slingblade Billy, they will definitely cut ties.

It's easier to keep a recent QB recruit than it is to fill the other 84-104 spots on the roster.
I know for a fact there was boosters that wanted him gone last year but there wasn’t enough to jump in for the buyout. Three losing records in a row he’s 100 percent gone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
100.0% and with that November schedule, I can see him being fired after the UGA game if they’re bad again.

After we play them and hopefully annihilate them like UK did to them last season, I honestly don't care what happens to Billy. If he squeaks out a 6-7win season and that's enough for him to cling to his job, I'm good. We will never lose to Napier in recruiting thereafter (we barely ever lose now). If he's fired, UF will be paying his buyout, the new HC's buyout and replacing half their roster or more. I don't see how they'll have the program and NIL funds to pull that off, and what decent coach would go there anyway? There's no way they're getting a Cristobal level hire. Net/net, we beat Florida, they become irrelevant to us for many years to come.

Im hoping its an us vs uf battle here ngl, yea the legacy thing is strong but i dont wanna be head to head vs uga for a db(not saying its impossible) I like our odds with a miami kid way more vs uf who could sink by mid year

Advertisement
Back