Bat Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It seems like if he keeps growing at this pace. By the time he gets to The U he should be around 7’4” and 530 lbs. that sounds more like an OT than a guard. I can see the potential.
Andre The Giant GIF by Giphy QA

Bench reps don't always translate to on the field strength. I'm talking about on the field, even when you watch his highlight tapes which is all good and no bad you can see he struggles to move people in the run game unless he's significantly bigger then them. I do like him as a pass blocker though. He might have to kick inside at the next level and will need to get stronger in the run game if he's going to go against these giant 300LBs+ DTs. Luckily we have a top tier S&C program.

Watch the 2nd play where he goes up against someone his own size and gets manhandled.

Here's another 4-5 plays of him getting manhandled. This is why it's important to actually watch the film instead of checking box scores and watching highlights tapes. If you want to get a good look at a prospect go watch the hudl tapes of the prospects who played against them.

Here's some more clips of him getting ragdolled

He's 16 now. In those films, the kid is probably 15. 15!!! Of course he's getting beat. A 15-16 year old boy going up against some 18 year old MEN. He's gonna lose a good deal of those battles. He's gonna be alright. He's not there yet, but he will be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That first clip the 2nd play he was so late off the ball and that's why he got handled. Not sure why he was so late.

The rest of it just confirms my initial opinion even from his highlights (his good tape) that he's absolutely terrible when he gets into his kick step. It looks like he's playing on a slipping slide and can't change direction or anchor out of it.

He does have good ankle and knee bend at that size and I'm sure that's what Mirabal likes. When he has a defined assignment in the run game he's grading people down. Pass pro is bad. Starts so low and then ends so high he can't control himself.

All coachable but I kinda question the take - thinking it's a placeholder to evaluate senior season. I said the same about Tripp and he was pretty ****-poor his senior year and they still kept him.
I see a lot of the same things. But most 15-16 year old OL (at the time the videos were recorded) aren't efficient in their technique.

Last edited:
Any shot it’s the big tackle? The Mike Williams kid? I believe he announces today at noon?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dudes around here got their pitchforks at the ready, if it's Cristobol, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:.
It's not about if, bro. It's happening because why tf not? Dude is a Cristobal doesn't matter he's 5'10" 280.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back