at NC State today at 600pm

They played with great energy today. Got a bunch of assists. Got 15 involved. Newt played well. BB played very well. Best win of the year

Advertisement
Router crapped out with about 2 mins left to play.

I'll take a win for sure

Yeah, the ESPN3 feed was spotty for me in the last couple minutes. Made it even more nerve-wracking to watch.

My feed was trash as well on the wide shots. Would clear up a little on the close ups. Somehow it came thru perfect for like the last two mins lol.

14-4, 3-3. Very winnable game against Louisville at home on Wednesday.

Do they have a quality win this year (UL)?

They won in South Bend and Tallahassee and lost to Clemson in OT. Any win in the conference on the road is a quality win. That being said there is absolutely no reason why we don't hold home court and go to 4-3 in conference play.

When they beat ND, ND was without Colson. ND is 2-4 without Colson. It isn't the same.

They won in South Bend and Tallahassee and lost to Clemson in OT. Any win in the conference on the road is a quality win. That being said there is absolutely no reason why we don't hold home court and go to 4-3 in conference play.

When they beat ND, ND was without Colson. ND is 2-4 without Colson. It isn't the same.

Yes, I understand that. ND lost two heartbreakers at home, to include Louisville and the same two as Miami on the road. My point is any road win in conference is a good one. Other Wake and Pitt, winning on the road is a quality win in my opinion. Miami should win on Wednesday evening, but Louisville won't roll over. We moved the ball around very well today. 26 assists is a huge number. Hopefully, this is the start to better offensive play.

Advertisement
Nice win! Needed it. Shocking that the 2 biggest losers on this board Austin Cane and Jagr aka Antwan are nowhere to be found.

Last edited:

They also only lost to Seton Hall by 2. They did lose to Kentucky by 30. They played Purdue tough on the road, led with 3 minutes left and lost by 9. It's not going to be an easy game, but would be huge going into Tally at 15-4, 4-3.

Yes, I understand that. ND lost two heartbreakers at home, to include Louisville and the same two as Miami on the road. My point is any road win in conference is a good one. Other Wake and Pitt, winning on the road is a quality win in my opinion. Miami should win on Wednesday evening, but Louisville won't roll over. We moved the ball around very well today. 26 assists is a huge number. Hopefully, this is the start to better offensive play.

I’m just saying ND is nowhere close to the team they were when they had the POY candidate.

Advertisement
We need Bruce Brown to be the leader of this squad. Him and Amp need to be the guys to do it.

Have to agree with this! Also, watched UVA-WF and, man, UVA puts on a clinic on how to keep the ball moving in a half court offense.
Yep Virginia is a disciplined well coached team. The past 5 years they have been consistently one of the better teams in our conference. They usually end season highly ranked and receive a high seed in ncaa tourney. But, they have been disappointing in tourney play and have under achieved. It seems they are built to play acc ball.

When they win a few games in ncaa tourney they have always played a team that knows how to neutralize their deliberate offensive scheme.

Just looked at Louisville again. They're 5-1 and alone in 2nd place in the ACC. HUGE game on Wednesday.

Advertisement
HemsleySalmons...

Great names. What players did you guys love before we became a more consistent basketball program? There was a stretch a little over a decade ago when we had a nice run of teams with one guy who could score enough to scare any team on any given night. Guillermo Diaz, Robert Hite, Jack McClinton... Those guys never had a ton of support though. I'd say after that, probably starting 2010, we became more established a program and had deeper teams. But I still loved watching Canes basketball when we weren't hot stuff. The turn of the century teams were actually pretty loaded and had some legit NBA talent in Tim James, Salmons and James Jones, with Hemsley and Elton Tyler who was a man on the blocks. Darius Rice was a little younger but I'll always remember him hitting a three at the buzzer against UNC in the arena opener. Anthony King, Gary Hamilton, Anthony Harris, Jimmy Graham, Bryan Asbury, James Dews, Dwayne Collins... We've had some fun guys to cheer for over the years. Maybe my favorite of all time was from when I was in elementary school though... Constantin Popa. I remember my dad taking me to see the Canes play a couple times in the early nineties and got a kick out of how tall he was and his hook shot.

Sorry, random musings over.

HemsleySalmons...

Great names. What players did you guys love before we became a more consistent basketball program? There was a stretch a little over a decade ago when we had a nice run of teams with one guy who could score enough to scare any team on any given night. Guillermo Diaz, Robert Hite, Jack McClinton... Those guys never had a ton of support though. I'd say after that, probably starting 2010, we became more established a program and had deeper teams. But I still loved watching Canes basketball when we weren't hot stuff. The turn of the century teams were actually pretty loaded and had some legit NBA talent in Tim James, Salmons and James Jones, with Hemsley and Elton Tyler who was a man on the blocks. Darius Rice was a little younger but I'll always remember him hitting a three at the buzzer against UNC in the arena opener. Anthony King, Gary Hamilton, Anthony Harris, Jimmy Graham, Bryan Asbury, James Dews, Dwayne Collins... We've had some fun guys to cheer for over the years. Maybe my favorite of all time was from when I was in elementary school though... Constantin Popa. I remember my dad taking me to see the Canes play a couple times in the early nineties and got a kick out of how tall he was and his hook shot.

Sorry, random musings over.

Mario Bland and Vernon Jennings two of my favorites

Advertisement
Huge win! Really needed this one. We played so well offensively today because the team shared the ball and they played man to man except for the last possession of the game. We shoot better when we move the ball better. Coach L explained this in the press conference. Like I said on the last thread, when teams play man on us Bruce Brown usually has great game because there is more space for him to operate and this is when he takes over. I will never understand why the NC State coach played man all game and against us and only played zone on the last play. Our next challenge is to be able to move the ball against a zone effectively. If we can do this then our players will shoot better and it will give Brown and others the openings they need to attack the rim effectively.

They played some soft zone but we did what many here have been screaming for. Better ball movement. Some pick and rolls, some in and out and we got finally got some quality minutes out of Newt and 15 who likes that building. I think we had like 20 assists in the game and got some friendly calls to be honest. I agree NC St coaches either didn't scout us or haven't a clue what they are watching. Don't care we really needed this win

Advertisement
Back