Asante Samuel

Regardless still think Samuel is going to fsu.
Take a swing at surtain
And close the class with Campbell and blades

Advertisement
You can end up with a shortage any number of unforeseen ways... injuries, guys leaving early or just having garbage on your roster. You bvring in the top talent when you can yearly. Nope every body is going to pan out. Can't recruit scared and cautious. You end up like goldens dumb ***.

For once nobody's scared.

And these arguments are largely ignoring what other guys you can't take because you took all the DBs. Not only do you risk another DB shortage down the road, but you possibly wind up short at another position. I trust Richt on this, if he wants 8 DBs that's fine. But since we're throwing around opinions, mine is that it's not a great idea to have half of your DBs be in the same class.

Regardless still think Samuel is going to fsu.
Take a swing at surtain
And close the class with Campbell and blades

Man U recruit all. No sense in laying down like . If anything right now curtain seems more locked in on LSU than Samuel does FSU. Who gives a *** keep going at'em.

You can end up with a shortage any number of unforeseen ways... injuries, guys leaving early or just having garbage on your roster. You bvring in the top talent when you can yearly. Nope every body is going to pan out. Can't recruit scared and cautious. You end up like goldens dumb ***.

And these arguments are largely ignoring what other guys you can't take because you took all the DBs. Not only do you risk another DB shortage down the road, but you possibly wind up short at another position. I trust Richt on this, if he wants 8 DBs that's fine. But since we're throwing around opinions, mine is that it's not a great idea to have half of your DBs be in the same class.

This year it's an exception. Elite class they don't come around this often WITH most of them liking miami like these 2018 dbs do in south Florida. At least that has been the case since I've followed recruiting

Advertisement

This year it's an exception. Elite class they don't come around this often WITH most of them lurking miami like these 2018 dbs do in south Florida

I get that it's the most greatest DB class ever, but that doesn't change the facts of roster management. Having 6 DBs go to the nfl is little consolation when they all leave at the same time. And you're thin at DL or OL or somewhere.

What dbs in 2019 class are more talented than the ones we are going after in 2018?.... this is probably the best south Florida db class in the last 20 years. We have several guys on our current roster who shouldn't be here at db and safety or up to Miami championship football standards. This will fix the depth issue and overall talent on the roster at the postion. Miami is not going to allow what a 2019 kid might think dictate how many dbs they take in 2018 who are better and more talented than them anyway... we taking at least 7 dbs man

Akeem Dent

He's not more talented than anyone of our top guys but he may be in the same tier of Campbell, jobe, hall, blades, frierson

He's a better CB then those guys

Dent is Elite !
Jobe, hall, Campbell, blades and when healthy frierson is elite

Gilbert and Blades IMO aint like those 3 u mentioned before but thats my opinion

Almost all the dbs were taking are hybrids. Disagree 8 overall is overkill, especially given our depth issues at the position.

You don't solve a depth issue but creating a future one. If you sign 8 DB's and likely only 1 of them redshirt you find yourself in a position where it's hard to recruit DB's in 2019 and potentially having a mass exodus in 3-4 years with kids graduating. We're not Bama yet, we need to build depth the right way to fix it not just recruit whoever will commit.

Never reject an elite. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akeem Dent

He's not more talented than anyone of our top guys but he may be in the same tier of Campbell, jobe, hall, blades, frierson

Dent is Elite !

Gilbert and Blades IMO aint like those 3 u mentioned before but thats my opinion

You're right, Blades is actually better than Jobe and Hall as a CB prospect. He's also bigger than both, especially Hall.

Gilbert ain't as good as the rest as a CB. We'll see if he's better having healed up.

Advertisement
lol at people worrying about having too many good players because it may affect future recruiting. When these guys are 2-3 years in our D will be so good that d backs will flock to come here

Akeem Dent

Dent is Elite !

Agreed. Jobe Hall and Campbell are another level. Blades and Frierson can still be great, however still have a ways to go.

This year it's an exception. Elite class they don't come around this often WITH most of them lurking miami like these 2018 dbs do in south Florida

I get that it's the most greatest DB class ever, but that doesn't change the facts of roster management. Having 6 DBs go to the nfl is little consolation when they all leave at the same time. And you're thin at DL or OL or somewhere.
The area on the team that needs to be addressed the most on the roster happens to be an area we can and will load up in 2018. I'm fine with it. Taking 7 is feasible especially with the amount of talent in this class and the overall numbers

The returning CB depth chart is basically just Bandy, Young, Dean, and Michael Jackson for 2018. Dean will be a senior.

There is a TON of playing time available for the 2018 kids.

Blades and Ivey are easily the best cover CBs available on our board not named Campbell and Samuel. Those four are the cream of the crop. Frierson, Hall, and Jobe are safeties.

Advertisement
8 DB's is overkill. Take Blades and Campbell and close shop and get Dent back on board for 2019.

By the time the 2018 class comes in we will only have Young and Bandy as non-senior cbs and a bunch of unproven safeties.
We need 7 or 8 dbs this yr. add blades and Campbell, and if tyreke or even surtain want in we get them. Then 2019 we get 2cbs and 1S.

This kid is FSU all the way so who cares. We will end up with 7-8 DBs. Some might one day play OLB, CB, S, etc.

Bring em in and sort it out

Advertisement
Ideal Class IMO -

CB: 4 or 5

1. Tyson Campbell
2. Gilbert Frierson
3. DJ Ivey
4. Al Blades Jr.
5. Asante Samuel Jr.

S: 3

1. Josh Jobe
2. Gurvan Hall
3. Randy Russell

Ideal Class IMO -

CB: 4 or 5

1. Tyson Campbell
2. Gilbert Frierson
3. DJ Ivey
4. Al Blades Jr.
5. Asante Samuel Jr.

S: 3

1. Josh Jobe
2. Gurvan Hall
3. Randy Russell

My ideal class:
CB:
1. Tyreke Johnson
2. Tyson Campbell
3. Dj Ivey
4. Al Blades
5. Gilbert Frierson

S:
1. Josh Jobe
2. Gurvan Hall

And a toss up between Asante Samuel and Randy Russell.

It is nice that Frierson p, Blades, Jobe look like guys that can definitely play both positions.

Decommitments are inevitable, especially when the depth chart looks to be unfavorable. We should be plenty prepared.

Advertisement
Back