ACC tourney game #3...the quest for Sunday

Fitt still has us as the overall 1 seed. But FAU and Oregon State coming down here. BA didn't even have Oregon state in it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Any chance FSU gets a national seed ? How do they go from possibly not even hosting to getting a national seed? Ugh. Go Clemson.

The only thing that matters is that we now have to rely on lucky bounces if we're going to make a run at the whole thing, because we just don't have the pitching to go up against several #1 seeds over a 2-3 week period.

Meh, we easily have the talent to make the CWS, no "lucky bounces needed."

I agree in the CWS we need some luck, as no team in the country has been hit as hard by injuries/dismissals as us.

Considering the loss of Beupriz, Hammond, Smith, and Brown (not to mention the disappointments of Woodrey and Gonzalez) - we've had a great year though

Thanks, I'll add that to the 2016 excuse list. Can't wait to see which "deflect it away from Morris" defense you guys go with this year. The official 2015 excuse is "ran into a hot team/ anything can happen in a small sample size". Will you guys go with the same thing two years in a row, or will you show some creativity?

Lol are you still trying to talk about baseball...quick question have you ever played before or are you like the play by play commentators on tv and only make nonsensical comments all the time??

Why didn't Bryan Garcia come back out for the 9th? That decision cost Miami the game and are you telling me Chester couldn't make contact with a pitcher that can't throw harder than 86?

Disappointing loss in a big game.

I don't think I was the only one thinking we were destined to win this **** tournament after Michelangeli tied it.

I have a question on strategy in the bottom half.
Do you play for the double play with one out with Busby up?

Hindsight is great because he wound up hitting the ball right at Lopez.
Does Busby have wheels?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The truth is somewhere in between. There is no denying this is a very good team. On the flip side there is also no denying this team is losing some of its mojo down the stretch. Hitting has really dropped off and that is what cost us in 2014.

We struck out 11 times yesterday against some average pitching. M
Fielding and timely hitting will keep games close but if we can't start swinging the bats like we were a month ago we are going to go 1-2 in Omaha again.

The truth is somewhere in between. There is no denying this is a very good team. On the flip side there is also no denying this team is losing some of its mojo down the stretch. Hitting has really dropped off and that is what cost us in 2014.

We struck out 11 times yesterday against some average pitching. M
Fielding and timely hitting will keep games close but if we can't start swinging the bats like we were a month ago we are going to go 1-2 in Omaha again.

Hitting has dropped a little bit. Collins in a slump but it is not like we are only scoring 2-3 runs a games. 5 runs should be enough for a good team to win. We have scored 50 runs in the last 8 games.

The only thing that matters is that we now have to rely on lucky bounces if we're going to make a run at the whole thing, because we just don't have the pitching to go up against several #1 seeds over a 2-3 week period.

I agree in the CWS we need some luck, as no team in the country has been hit as hard by injuries/dismissals as us.

Considering the loss of Beupriz, Hammond, Smith, and Brown (not to mention the disappointments of Woodrey and Gonzalez) - we've had a great year though

Thanks, I'll add that to the 2016 excuse list. Can't wait to see which "deflect it away from Morris" defense you guys go with this year. The official 2015 excuse is "ran into a hot team/ anything can happen in a small sample size". Will you guys go with the same thing two years in a row, or will you show some creativity?

Lol are you still trying to talk about baseball...quick question have you ever played before or are you like the play by play commentators on tv and only make nonsensical comments all the time??

Is that your way of saying that you don't know how to answer my question?

Advertisement

Or that's me calling you an idiot btw you never answered my question

I've had similar thoughts...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Hitting has really dropped off and that is what cost us in 2014.

Team batting average....

After first month: .301
After second month: .292
After third month: .304
Right now: .300

Sometimes I have no idea what the **** you guys are talking about.

Or that's me calling you an idiot btw you never answered my question

Why would I answer your question when you cowardly avoid mine? Which excuse do you plan to use this year? Or is it a wait and see kind of thing?

Advertisement
OT - Sinead Lohan of UM loses in the semi finals of the NCAA womens singles tourney. We have not had a national champion in singles since 2008. Fire the coach!

OT - Sinead Lohan of UM loses in the semi finals of the NCAA womens singles tourney. We have not had a national champion in singles since 2008. Fire the coach!

National semi-finals? Our baseball team used to do that. 2001, right Brian?

But tuition.

Advertisement
Back