ACC Standings (3/2)

How in the world has Georgia Tech and Wake Forest fell off so badly?

Georgia tech has been bad for half a decade now and made a horrible HC decision in Gregory. Wake is pretty much the same story, its what happens when you make horrible coaching decisions.

Gregory was 172 - 94 @ Dayton, but he is a Tom Izzo disciple that should have stayed in the recruiting ground he knew best (Midwest)...Then again, he bailed on the Naval Academy after Robinson left (for Oakland!?!) so he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to moves.

I used to live in the greater Dayton area, and Univ. of Dayton fans were absolutely elated that Ga Tech took Gregory of their hands. His in-game coaching was horrendous; Gregory would make Shannon and Golden proud with his lack of adjustments during games. UD upgraded big time with Miller.

Advertisement

Georgia tech has been bad for half a decade now and made a horrible HC decision in Gregory. Wake is pretty much the same story, its what happens when you make horrible coaching decisions.

Gregory was 172 - 94 @ Dayton, but he is a Tom Izzo disciple that should have stayed in the recruiting ground he knew best (Midwest)...Then again, he bailed on the Naval Academy after Robinson left (for Oakland!?!) so he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to moves.

I used to live in the greater Dayton area, and Univ. of Dayton fans were absolutely elated that Ga Tech took Gregory of their hands. His in-game coaching was horrendous; Gregory would make Shannon and Golden proud with his lack of adjustments during games. UD upgraded big time with Miller.

Good Points; I live in the Dayton Metro area and the consistency displayed by Archie Miller has energized the program and area support for it:

BjQBplZCAAAC1WL.webp

Rubbing O$Ucks nose in it is seems to be against the law in Kasich's Columbus-first Ohio...Glad the Dayton Daily Worker finally stepped up in 2014!

So basically he was thier very own Frank Haith.

Yep, was just talking to the wife about that tonight since she follows 'Cane hoops (her Masters program at UDayton included a session with Brian Gregory and his mentor, Tom Izzo...She is still a big Izzo fan)

Yep, was just talking to the wife about that tonight since she follows 'Cane hoops (her Masters program at UDayton included a session with Brian Gregory and his mentor, Tom Izzo...She is still a big Izzo fan)

I still remember screaming at my TV because Haith couldnt even call an inbound play to save his life. We can all still thank what ever **** we believe in that Missouri was dumb enough to take him off our hands.

Advertisement
Someone else can format it, but we're tied for first, *****es.

Miami (FL) 10-3 21-4
North Carolina 10-3 21-5
Virginia 10-4 21-5
Louisville 9-4 20-6
Duke 9-4 20-6
Notre Dame 9-4 18-7
Clemson 9-5 16-10
Syracuse 8-6 18-9
Pittsburgh 7-6 18-7
Florida State 6-8 16-10
Virginia Tech 5-8 13-13
Georgia Tech 4-9 14-12
NC State 3-10 13-13
Wake Forest 1-13 10-16
Boston College 0-13 7-19

Advertisement
**** that loss to NC State.

We're in control of our destiny as crazy as it seems.

No doubt. These next four games and then having to go to blacksburg for the trap.... man o man. Can't afford another first half like last night. I'd love to see them come out perfect but I'll settle for over .500 during this stretch. ******* path is steep here at the end of the regular season.

From ESPN Bubble Watch (pre VT):

The Watch's innate desire to identify patterns and establish hierarchies has, at various times, led us to attempt to pinpoint this season's elite. Teams have cycled in and out of this group at an alarming rate all year long, to the point where the entire exercise has often felt pointless. Few squads have remained on a steady trajectory all year. One of those teams? Miami. Which may be why the Hurricanes are the least-mentioned of any otherwise obvious Final Four contender. Three of their four losses have come on the road in conference play, which is hardly rare. They have quietly racked up one impressive win after the other, compiling a lock-worthy resume in the process. Just one year after an unsteady campaign ended in the NIT, Jim Larranaga's team is one of the most solid and reliable entities in all of college basketball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
North Carolina 11-3 22-5
Miami (FL) 10-4 21-5
Virginia 10-4 21-5
Louisville 10-4 21-6
Duke 9-5 20-7
Notre Dame 9-5 18-8
Clemson 9-6 16-11
Pittsburgh 8-6 19-7
Syracuse 8-7 18-10
Virginia Tech 6-8 14-13
Florida State 6-9 16-11
Georgia Tech 5-9 15-12
NC State 4-10 14-13
Wake Forest 1-13 10-16
Boston College 0-13 7-19

After that huge win we will still need to win out to win the ACC. I love getting a top 4 seed in the ACC and maybe a #2 in the NCAA but I want more.

I said I thought 3-4 over the 7 game final stretch and we are 3-1, not too bad. 5-2 is a real possibility.

UNC has to play @ NCST, @ UVA and @ Duke. They also play Cuse who badly needs to win that game. If they go 3-1, they're #1 in the Conf.

North Carolina 11-3 22-5
Miami (FL) 11-4 22-5
Louisville 10-4 21-6
Virginia 10-5 21-6
Duke 9-5 20-7
Notre Dame 9-5 18-8
Clemson 9-6 16-11
Pittsburgh 8-6 19-7
Syracuse 8-7 18-10
Virginia Tech 6-8 14-13
Florida State 6-9 16-11
Georgia Tech 5-9 15-12