Advertisement
@FSU L
Vt W
@Unc L
Uva W
Louisville W
@ND L
@Vt W
I think the final 7 will produce 4-3..if we win @Fsu we can easily lose UVA or Louisville. I think we should get a W vs UVA then have a nice 5 day rest with no travel facing L'Ville. Anything can happen UNC has looked ripe for the picking as of late. GO CANES!

Advertisement
Stop it with the must win crap. Every ****ing game...you people with the, "this is a must win." No, it isn't. We could lose this game and beat FSU on Sunday and be in the same exact situation. We could lose the next two and beat UNC and ND on the road and be in the same exact situation. Also, a must win for what? We're a game out of first place in the ACC. We're a lock to make the tournament. It's February 9th (tomorrow). Must win? Stop it.

This guy just gets it!
I'm generally not of the must win mentality. BUT and there's always a but isn't there? There are schools we SHOULD beat, such as NC State, Northeastern, etc. Losing to losers hurts the RPI and influences voters + losing to losers in conference impacts our placement in the ACC Championship and our opponents in the dance. Placement can provide an easier trail with more byes and easier opponents.

I'm generally not of the must win mentality. BUT and there's always a but isn't there? There are schools we SHOULD beat, such as NC State, Northeastern, etc. Losing to losers hurts the RPI and influences voters + losing to losers in conference impacts our placement in the ACC Championship and our opponents in the dance. Placement can provide an easier trail with more byes and easier opponents.
This guy gets it. Those games we should win are MUST WINS because otherwise it can keep us out or hurt us tremendously, see last year.

Too much parity in CBB too take any of those games for granted.

With this in mind, the only non-MUST wins would be UVA and UNC. Not that dropping the UL or ND will keep us out, but losing all four we may go from a projected 3 or better to 6 or 7 or worse. Forget about a bi in the ACCT.

Losing those 2-4 plus any of the others and it's a flat out disaster.

This last stretch is vital for any post season run.

Losing to Pitt, or losing to, insert team here, is not going to keep us out this year. We're 19-4, 18-3. Our RPI is #11 . Our BPI is #12 . Y'all sound like whiny *****es when you say every game is a must win.

Advertisement
Losing at UVA where they never lose is a bad loss? Clemson was on a hot streak when we played there. The only bad loss was at NC St.

Look who is in 2nd place

North Carolina 9-2 20-4
Miami (FL) 8-3 19-4
Virginia 9-4 20-5
Notre Dame 9-4 18-7
Duke 8-4 19-6
Louisville 8-4 19-6
Clemson 8-5 15-10
Syracuse 7-5 17-8
Pittsburgh 6-5 17-6
Florida State 6-6 16-8
Virginia Tech 5-7 13-12
Georgia Tech 3-9 13-12
NC State 3-9 13-12
Wake Forest 1-12 10-15
Boston College 0-11 7-17

Take care of business against VT, and the game in Chapel Hill (on my birthday) is for first place.

1.North Carolina 10-2 21-4

2.Miami 9-3 20-4

3.Virginia 9-4 20-5

3.Notre Dame 9-4 18-7

5.Duke 8-4 19-6

5.Louisville 8-4 19-6

7.Syracuse 8-5 18-8

7.Clemson 8-5 15-10

9.Pittsburgh 6-6 17-7

10.Florida State 6-7 16-9

11. Virginia Tech 5-7 13-12

12. Georgia Tech 3-9 13-12

12. NC State 3-9 13-12

14. Wake Forest 1-12 10-15

15. Boston College 0-12 7-18

Last edited:
Advertisement
How in the world has Georgia Tech and Wake Forest fell off so badly?

Georgia tech has been bad for half a decade now and made a horrible HC decision in Gregory. Wake is pretty much the same story, its what happens when you make horrible coaching decisions.

Georgia tech has been bad for half a decade now and made a horrible HC decision in Gregory. Wake is pretty much the same story, its what happens when you make horrible coaching decisions.
I hear you. It just seems like Wake should at least be competitive. After ish smith and Aminu left, they have had nobody. Literally everyone in North Carolina plays ball.

Advertisement

I hear you. It just seems like Wake should at least be competitive. After ish smith and Aminu left, they have had nobody. Literally everyone in North Carolina plays ball.

Its what happens when you hire coaches like Bzdelik. I still never understood how he got that job after how bad he was at Colorado.

Gregory was 172 - 94 @ Dayton, but he is a Tom Izzo disciple that should have stayed in the recruiting ground he knew best (Midwest)...Then again, he bailed on the Naval Academy after Robinson left (for Oakland!?!) so he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to moves.

A 2-0 week would be terrific and set us up down the stretch... especially if Duke could somehow pull the upset over UNC on Wednesday. 1-1 this week probably eliminates us for an ACC title with how brutal the schedule still is.

A 2-0 week would be terrific and set us up down the stretch... especially if Duke could somehow pull the upset over UNC on Wednesday. 1-1 this week probably eliminates us for an ACC title with how brutal the schedule still is.

If Duke beats UNC this week 1-1 leaves us right in the middle of it if we win at home. This thing is coming down to the last game.

Advertisement
Back