A note on Zion Nelson

View as article
Advertisement
I've got the same issue. Never had any major injuries or surgery either. Any tips? lol
Apparently there's the gel injections that go between the knee and alleviate that bone on bone feeling. They wear off after a year or something like that.

I also heard about an expensive stem cell procedure that regrows the meniscus.

I've got the same issue. Never had any major injuries or surgery either. Any tips? lol
IMG_6045.webp

Advertisement
Botched surgery and/or recovery on a simple knee cleanup lead to further injury and ultimately resulted in him shredding the rest of the cartilage and now has to live with no cartilage in that knee. Too painful to do actual football movements.

Bone rubbing bone in his knee socket.
That sucks majorly. What happened to the world class uhealth doctors and everything we are supposed to have? :(

Apparently there's the gel injections that go between the knee and alleviate that bone on bone feeling. They wear off after a year or something like that.

I also heard about an expensive stem cell procedure that regrows the meniscus.
Kenny Phillips had a similar issue. I don’t remember the treatment but it never worked out for him.

There are synthetic cushions that can be inserted. I do not know if you can play football after that but I know guys who had that to delay total knee replacements.

Advertisement
Kenny Phillips had a similar issue. I don’t remember the treatment but it never worked out for him.
Nothing grows real cartilage yet. They will drill or poke holes in the the end of the bone for stem cells from the bone marrow to make fibro cartilage that might last a year. Not the same or hard as real cartilage.

The gel is a lube like hyaluronic acid that has to be injected into the joint. That works good for about six months to eight months. The three injection over several weeks is better than the single injection. Some people it might not work. Just a temporary fix.

I have a torn meniscus and waiting for approval from the insurance company for the injections.

I also had all the cartilage removed from one shoulder after doing the stem cell fibro cartilage to fill in the divots, pot holes and then the hyaluronic acid injections several times over the years after three shoulder operations.

I dragged it out as long as I could until they had to remove what was left. Bone on bone. Now it looks like a shoulder joint replacement. Two different types.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back