A note on Zion Nelson

Now we can stop bumping threads, but this is still one of the more intriguing situations. I’m still not sure how a routine procedure turned into something this catastrophic
It's possible it was never routine.... I mean I understand it may have been said initially to be such but it may have been way worse from the get go...

Advertisement
Advertisement
this is awful. wouldn't fix a flat create some artificial cartilage?
They were shooting medical fix a flat into my knee, neck and back for years.

What's actually helped:
Morning treatment- Reflexive performance reset, massage gun, activation routine (this all takes 10m?)
Pre-workout (not the gimmick powder) bands, and isometrics
Post-workout keep moving, don't sit (I usually do the dishes or clean the pool)
Nightly cupping and stem on any areas of concern
Magnesium 30m before going to sleep
Drinking a gallon of water / day + avoiding inflammatory foods as much as possible
Acupuncture 'tune up' sessions once / quarter

Botched surgery and/or recovery on a simple knee cleanup lead to further injury and ultimately resulted in him shredding the rest of the cartilage and now has to live with no cartilage in that knee. Too painful to do actual football movements.

Bone rubbing bone in his knee socket.
From family-related-experience, it's in his best interest to quit the sport, drop weight and just look for something else to do.

He'll **** his knee up so badly if he keeps engaging in high-intensity-sports.

Advertisement
It’s a shame because he was very solid as a pass blocker. The NFL still likes finesse tackles and he could have played one day if not for the injury.

Advertisement
**** man kid worked hard to improve his body and craft
Large part of why he is where he is. Put a ton of grind and extra weight on joints that weren't ready. All happened too quickly.

He was 245 pounds at the Carolina Bowl HS All-Star game after his senior year and was 285 when we played Florida on August 24. 40 pounds in 8 months.

If all this bone-on-bone stuff is true, he'll need a knee replacement before he's 40.

Some people win the genetic lottery and others...

Large part of why he is where he is. Put a ton of grind and extra weight on joints that weren't ready. All happened too quickly.

He was 245 pounds at the Carolina Bowl HS All-Star game after his senior year and was 285 when we played Florida on August 24. 40 pounds in 8 months.
Was he? He didn’t look 285 at Florida at all but either way its a sad situation

Advertisement
Y’all are bone on bone.
Leave Zion alone.
Thanks to HPPA, we kno just a little more about his med issues than he knows about ours.

Is there scientific medical evidence that gaining weight too quickly deteriorates cartilage?

I just assume jumping has 2x the force effect as weight gain, so wouldn't this be so much more prevalent in bball?

I'm just curious. Not a doctor so don't know.

Advertisement
Back