A message to our draftees...

I think Forston probably thought he was getting drafted.

If Miller stays healthy there will be a bunch of teams regretting passing on him

+1
Forston most likely thought he was going to get drafted but I doubt he thought he was going to be a 1st day pick... When he was contemplating last year he was rated between the 3rd and 5th round... So after a year of not playing I doubt he thought his stock was going to rise... As for Miller, I agree... There are a lot teams thats going to regret skipping over him... The kid has heart and is talented...

Advertisement
They thought they were about to get paid. I am not sure any of them improved their status since declaring.

How can aplayer get drafted in the 6th round but if he would have stayed he would be a 1st or 2nd pick??? That doesnt make any sense... If no team thought highly of him to be picked earlier than the 6th round what makes you think he would be a 1st rounder the next year... I think he should have stayed but then again I see why he left... Who's going to get him the ball... Morris' health is an issue and I'm sorry some of the deep passes Harris connected on last year with TS, Williams cant make those passes.... So we dont know how he would have fared... To be honest I think he will be fine... I dont see how TS falls to the 6th yet Stephen Hill goes so high... He only had 1 year playing and running 1 route... Streeter displayed more moves than him... These guys should have stayed but then again, I can see why some of them left... There is no way you can go pretty much undrafted but if you would have stayed your stock could have risen to 1st and 2nd round picks... If they dont think much of you now, there perception wont change that much later on... unless you're being made an example out of and I doubt thats the case...

As a player, especially one who is capable of making a very big leap like Streeter, you answer the questions that plague your prospect status. For him, they revolved around a lack of consistency and polish. Another year is exactly the opportunity to answer those types of questions.

Like I said he's going to need someone to get him the ball and right now we do not have that... He even stated in an interview he was expecting to go between 2nd and 4th... He also stated that coming back would not have guaranteed those selections or a higher selection... He wasnt going to be a 1st round selection... I think most of the guys had an idea where they were going... TS and Miller are more than likely the only 2 of all the prospects to be surprised...

Most guys are clearly not very advanced with their ability to calculate or be objective when it comes to themselves.

Knowing what I know about Miller and his shoulder situation, I've always supported him leaving and cashing in whatever he can get.

I think MF got what he earned. I agree the Miller move made sense regardless of what happens. I would have liked to have had Streeter back thats for sure. VO would have been nice to have back as well. Ultimately I do think some bad decisions were made. For the U though it cleared some dead weight, and as good as LM was he is replaceable, or should be. I happen to think BW and TS will be the biggest losses, though OV is tough as well.

Advertisement
preach it!

Kenny Phillips was a first rounder. If any of these guys went first round I wouldn't say a ****ing thing. ****, if they waited for their draft evals to come back before making a decision I wouldn't care. But they are a bunch of selfish, me-first, stubborn players who thought they were great no matter who told them otherwise and thought the didn't have to work to earn their respect and pay check. Bunch of entitled ****es who we are better off having off the team. For the record, I agreed miller should have gone, but the rest, **** em.

I am not mad. wish them well and hope they succeed most importantly. Guys will step up, I truly believe we are building a winner. This is what we have to live for, let's enjoy the ride.

preach it!

Kenny Phillips was a first rounder. If any of these guys went first round I wouldn't say a ****ing thing. ****, if they waited for their draft evals to come back before making a decision I wouldn't care. But they are a bunch of selfish, me-first, stubborn players who thought they were great no matter who told them otherwise and thought the didn't have to work to earn their respect and pay check. Bunch of entitled ****es who we are better off having off the team. For the record, I agreed miller should have gone, but the rest, **** em.

truth hurts

Advertisement
Back