A message to our draftees...

Advertisement
i don't think the majority of the fans have negative feelings to the guys who truly should be drafted towards the top of the draft meaning 1-3rd rounds. I think there is some ill will towards those who are making it seem like they are all about themselves versus the team, the U. Its almost like its easier to fight to make $ in the NFL, versus putting in work for Al to increase their stock and help the U get back on top.

Poor decisions mean poor results.

Kinda seeing why we haven't been winning too many games the last several years. Not putting in the effort, and finally, taking the easy way out.

That worked out well, didn't it?

...from Calais Campbell, Jon Beason, Colin McCarthy, Jimmy Graham, Sam Shields, Antonio Dixon, Kenny Phillips, Daryl Sharpton, Orlando Franklin and DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Don't listen to what UM fans say about your NFL prospects. History says you will find yourself in the starting lineup very soon.

right on!

Advertisement
Not sure what you meant by your post about Graham NJ because I don't recall much talk of Graham playing football until his b-ball eligibility was about up. In any case, over at what used to be grassy the vast majority of the "fans" on that board didn't think Graham would make a meaningful play at TE for the Canes.

first off......KP and beason were 1st round picks and were projected as such

The point is that our fan base underrated/underappreciated them.
thats nonsense

everybody loved graham and wished he hadnt wasted his time playing basketball because he would have been our next great TE

many of us felt bad for shields because the staff had zero clue what to do with him........and when he got to GB.......their DBs coach said that he was clueless

maybe you forgot all the nonsense on grassy about franklin being a 1st/2nd rounder after his junior year........ditto for calais........but i didnt

there are always guys who are underappreciated........but this fan base tends to swing towards the delusional and overrates kids more often than not

see this whole ridiculous lamar miller debate as the latest example

as for the rest of them.........i dont think it was a case of being underrated.........they werent very good players when they were here........probably due to two things........the first.......again being a staff with no clue how to develop talent.......the second.......they may have been borderline UM quality players to begin with

plenty of teams get starters or big contributors with late round picks all the time........that doesnt mean they were underrated

Not sure what you meant by your post about Graham NJ because I don't recall much talk of Graham playing football until his b-ball eligibility was about up. In any case, over at what used to be grassy the vast majority of the "fans" on that board didn't think Graham would make a meaningful play at TE for the Canes.

first off......KP and beason were 1st round picks and were projected as such

The point is that our fan base underrated/underappreciated them.
thats nonsense

everybody loved graham and wished he hadnt wasted his time playing basketball because he would have been our next great TE

many of us felt bad for shields because the staff had zero clue what to do with him........and when he got to GB.......their DBs coach said that he was clueless

maybe you forgot all the nonsense on grassy about franklin being a 1st/2nd rounder after his junior year........ditto for calais........but i didnt

there are always guys who are underappreciated........but this fan base tends to swing towards the delusional and overrates kids more often than not

see this whole ridiculous lamar miller debate as the latest example

as for the rest of them.........i dont think it was a case of being underrated.........they werent very good players when they were here........probably due to two things........the first.......again being a staff with no clue how to develop talent.......the second.......they may have been borderline UM quality players to begin with

plenty of teams get starters or big contributors with late round picks all the time........that doesnt mean they were underrated
which was my point

he was far from underrated because nobody expected anything from him and then once he showed what he was capable of........many of us wished he had played football sooner

jimmy graham was far from an underrated guy........because there were no expectations for him.......and then once he showed what kind of player he was.....he was far from under appreciated

...from Calais Campbell, Jon Beason, Colin McCarthy, Jimmy Graham, Sam Shields, Antonio Dixon, Kenny Phillips, Daryl Sharpton, Orlando Franklin and DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Don't listen to what UM fans say about your NFL prospects. History says you will find yourself in the starting lineup very soon.

Meh. One thing doesn't necessarily have to do with another. Some of those guys shouldn't have come out. Plain and simple.

Advertisement

Meh. One thing doesn't necessarily have to do with another. Some of those guys shouldn't have come out. Plain and simple.

Who said they should've come out?

The point is our fanbase underrates and trashes its own players. Every year they are proven wrong.

The point is our fanbase underrates and trashes its own players. Every year they are proven wrong.

The point shouldn't be on our fans. The fans are fans. They're viewers. Given the way this program has treated them, most fans are simply upset.

Guys like Vernon (the least of the group), Washington (however badly he needed the money), Streeter and even Forston, did themselves and this program a significant disservice. However, what they did falls perfectly in line with what has been wrong with this program. If the fans react to that, I'm inclined to understand it.

I think your seeming ire is misplaced and, whatever these guys do in the pros, what I care about is what the players did here and the effect they had on this program. If anything, some fans are "proven" right when players take a leap in the NFL because they either work harder, increase their focus or fall into better schemes (unfortunate for all of us).

It's embarrassing.

Dumb decisions on the part of players, parents, and those SOB agents that lie their asses off.

Makes the program look dumb.

D$, love your posts and highly respect your insights, but there is no justifying this BS, no excusing it.

I really don't believe Golden and crew would lie to players about their opportunities. I absolutely am positive that our former Cane greats, who played in the NFL wouldn't lie to them.

So you got former players, former NFL players, coaches, and common sense saying wait, and these dumbasses think they know more than all the wisdom that's readily available.

That makes you a double-dumbass.

how was anybody who abused these clowns for leaving early "proven wrong"

you serious?

we all said they made a mistake by leaving early and their draft status proved exactly that

Advertisement
How can aplayer get drafted in the 6th round but if he would have stayed he would be a 1st or 2nd pick??? That doesnt make any sense... If no team thought highly of him to be picked earlier than the 6th round what makes you think he would be a 1st rounder the next year... I think he should have stayed but then again I see why he left... Who's going to get him the ball... Morris' health is an issue and I'm sorry some of the deep passes Harris connected on last year with TS, Williams cant make those passes.... So we dont know how he would have fared... To be honest I think he will be fine... I dont see how TS falls to the 6th yet Stephen Hill goes so high... He only had 1 year playing and running 1 route... Streeter displayed more moves than him... These guys should have stayed but then again, I can see why some of them left... There is no way you can go pretty much undrafted but if you would have stayed your stock could have risen to 1st and 2nd round picks... If they dont think much of you now, there perception wont change that much later on... unless you're being made an example out of and I doubt thats the case...

Ands lets be honest outside of Streeter and Miller did any of those players think they would be selected in the 1st 3 rounds? I can see why Marcus left he was projected a 3rd rounder last year and got hurt again this year... Why stay? BW was playing out of position... Why stay? OV just wanted to leave... I believe most of them had an idea where they would fall with the exception of Streeter and Miller... And just keeping it real those other backs werent better than Miller and all of those wideouts werent better than TS... I hope these guys ball out...

Sorry, but that's flat out retarded. Much like Omar Kelly saying Streeter probably doesn't wanna play with a new QB. The reason he's at where he is right now, is because the ONLY thing he can do is run fast and catch those balls you say Williams can't throw. That's the ONLY thing he's good at. His hands suck. His route running sucks. He never goes over the middle. He doesn't go after the ball at it's highest point. There is not a single redeeming quality about him, outside of being tall and fast. Even if he came back and didn't get a lot passes(which is complete and utter bull**** when you look at the crap we had at WR during the spring game), there is EVERYTHING he can do to make his game better. Because his game, on a whole, sucks. People are highly overstating what he did last year. He had a few good games and still looked like **** catching the ball. That's it. It was a stupid, selfish decision that cost him a lot of money. What makes it even worse, is that he is the one that did it. Because, before this, he actually came off as a smart kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Advertisement
How can aplayer get drafted in the 6th round but if he would have stayed he would be a 1st or 2nd pick??? That doesnt make any sense... If no team thought highly of him to be picked earlier than the 6th round what makes you think he would be a 1st rounder the next year... I think he should have stayed but then again I see why he left... Who's going to get him the ball... Morris' health is an issue and I'm sorry some of the deep passes Harris connected on last year with TS, Williams cant make those passes.... So we dont know how he would have fared... To be honest I think he will be fine... I dont see how TS falls to the 6th yet Stephen Hill goes so high... He only had 1 year playing and running 1 route... Streeter displayed more moves than him... These guys should have stayed but then again, I can see why some of them left... There is no way you can go pretty much undrafted but if you would have stayed your stock could have risen to 1st and 2nd round picks... If they dont think much of you now, there perception wont change that much later on... unless you're being made an example out of and I doubt thats the case...

As a player, especially one who is capable of making a very big leap like Streeter, you answer the questions that plague your prospect status. For him, they revolved around a lack of consistency and polish. Another year is exactly the opportunity to answer those types of questions.

I think Forston probably thought he was getting drafted.

If Miller stays healthy there will be a bunch of teams regretting passing on him

As a player, especially one who is capable of making a very big leap like Streeter, you answer the questions that plague your prospect status. For him, they revolved around a lack of consistency and polish. Another year is exactly the opportunity to answer those types of questions.

Like I said he's going to need someone to get him the ball and right now we do not have that... He even stated in an interview he was expecting to go between 2nd and 4th... He also stated that coming back would not have guaranteed those selections or a higher selection... He wasnt going to be a 1st round selection... I think most of the guys had an idea where they were going... TS and Miller are more than likely the only 2 of all the prospects to be surprised...

I think Forston probably thought he was getting drafted.

If Miller stays healthy there will be a bunch of teams regretting passing on him

+1
Forston most likely thought he was going to get drafted but I doubt he thought he was going to be a 1st day pick... When he was contemplating last year he was rated between the 3rd and 5th round... So after a year of not playing I doubt he thought his stock was going to rise...

Advertisement
Back