A message to our draftees...

I dont think Benjamin stepped up his game at all to be honest. He actually had a really bad case of drops

On the topic of turning pro for Washington another year and maybe he finds himself dropping even lower. He was playing out of position and getting criticized for it.

Advertisement
Streeter is the one that bothers me the most. He could have really helped us next year and he could have helped his draft stock. I feel like got bamboozled hardest by Drew.

Even though Vernon went fairly high, he could have helped us just as much. If his measurables are that good, a solid season of productivity could have landed him in the first round.

Mike mayock ripping the decisions to come out.

the only 2 who dont seem to think it was dumb are d-money and omar kelly

Direct quote from Mayock. "I don't think tommy streeter should have come out, if tommy streeter stays in school, he's a first or second round pick next year. Same with Forston their defensive tackle,same with Washington their offensive tackle. They have a whole group of players . . . From a football perspective, I don't get why this large group of Miami players came out.if they stayed in school another year, their draft status and their financial status would have been heightened significantly.".

Mike mayock, April 28th, 2012.

Advertisement
lol at defending their stupid *** decisions.

Getting paid the league minimum when they could have gotten first round money next year. Hope it was worth it

Mike mayock ripping the decisions to come out.

the only 2 who dont seem to think it was dumb are d-money and omar kelly

Streeter, Vernon and Forston should have stayed. Washington needed the money and is ready to play. Miller is an injury risk whether he returns or leaves early.

People say, "What if Miller's shoulder surgery is a success and he competes for the Heisman next year?" Idiotic. If the surgery works and he's healthy, he's busting 70 yard runs on Sundays and working towards a real contract.

Last edited:
As much as I love D-Money I can't endorse this post. I don't think anyone here doubts those players' abilities, or that they will have solid careers. It's the lack of common sense on their part that has everyone so up in arms, and the way that the draft has played out has more than reinforced those feelings.

Lamar, Streeter, BWash, even Vernon - those guys are 1st / 2nd round talents, who cost themselves 7 figures. That's not even debatable. For whatever reason they made their decision - be it laziness, lack of mental toughness, bad advice, thinking they're better than they really are, who knows - it doesn't mean we have to be happy about it.

Advertisement
While being slightly OT, can someone please explain why Streeter is on the board? Without a doubt he should've stayed, but how have some of these guys gone before him? Specifically the kid from FIU to the Colts?

[]_[]Fan2010;441491 said:
While being slightly OT, can someone please explain why Streeter is on the board? Without a doubt he should've stayed, but how have some of these guys gone before him? Specifically the kid from FIU to the Colts?

Hilton is better and has done it for more then one year

Would Streeter not have posted similar figures at FIU? To me it just seems like Streeter has the size to be a primary WR in a few years. Just seems like a terrible pick to me.

streeter had 1 year........nfl teams are going to look for more than just 1 year

he doesnt run routes very well......hes stiff

he sometimes seems scared to go over the middle

Advertisement

Becuase TY Hilton = a productive version of TB#3.

You guys cannot judge whether this was a good move or not. There is this growing sentiment on here that these young men made a bad choice. This just means they're going to have to work extra hard to get that second contract. That is where the money is!!!

Advertisement
Idk..I guess I'm too biased. You can't teach Streeter's physical abilities and the terrible coaching has been well documented here. I understand the production here didn't really pan out but I think it's hard to compare a season at FIU vs one here too.

ST is the only part of it I get.

My only other thought is they're trying to reconstruct a NE offense in one draft w the two TEs and a speedy small wr

You guys cannot judge whether this was a good move or not. There is this growing sentiment on here that these young men made a bad choice. This just means they're going to have to work extra hard to get that second contract. That is where the money is!!!
stop with this 2nd contract stupidity.......thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard

if they stayed and busted their *** to get into the 1st round........they would have made more in 1 year than in all 4 years of their 4th or 5th round rookie deal combined

if they busted their *** and got into the 2nd round.....they would have made twice as much over the first 4 year deal as they would have had from the 4th or 5th round

so our kids used to leave early because they were sure fire 1st rounders and pro bowlers right out of the gate......now they leave early to get a jump on their 2nd contract?

thats dannyboy stooooopid right there

[]_[]Fan2010;441562 said:
Idk..I guess I'm too biased. You can't teach Streeter's physical abilities and the terrible coaching has been well documented here. I understand the production here didn't really pan out but I think it's hard to compare a season at FIU vs one here too.

ST is the only part of it I get.

My only other thought is they're trying to reconstruct a NE offense in one draft w the two TEs and a speedy small wr
but streeter didnt have terrible coaching last year and he actually performed.......funny how that works

lots of kids have physical ability.........but that does mean they are all good football players

dude needed another year........period

Advertisement
Back