A message to our draftees...

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
...from Calais Campbell, Jon Beason, Colin McCarthy, Jimmy Graham, Sam Shields, Antonio Dixon, Kenny Phillips, Daryl Sharpton, Orlando Franklin and DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Don't listen to what UM fans say about your NFL prospects. History says you will find yourself in the starting lineup very soon.

Advertisement
D, I really don't think most of our fans are actually down on their long-term futures. Some are just really bitter, and others feel like they were manipulated and made poor decisions for their short-term pay day.

D, I really don't think most of our fans are actually down on their long-term futures. Some are just really bitter, and others feel like they were manipulated and made poor decisions for their short-term pay day.

I hear you. Golden will use this against the Drews of the world for years and he should.

Tommy Streeter was the one that really got hoodwinked. I actually agree with Miller taking off, no matter what happens. Running back is a unique position. Vernon I thought jumped too soon but he got picked fairly early. BWash, I don't really have a beef with. I think he's ready to play guard in the pros and he has a really tough family situation. Forston went with his friends and made a poor decision.

I think we are mixing two topics up here. One is whether the early entrants will be ultimately successful or not. The other is whether they made the right decision to leave early.

Judging by the 2 days of results, the answer is a resounding NO.

Advertisement
All of those guys made plays here and Streeter, Miller, and BWash were no different.

Vernon is going to have to be the one that makes his first impact when he hits the pros. As much as guys like Sharpton and DVD were killed by our fans, they hit the field immediately and were making plays for multiple seasons.

I think Benjamin will end up having a nice impact as well.

...from Calais Campbell, Jon Beason, Colin McCarthy, Jimmy Graham, Sam Shields, Antonio Dixon, Kenny Phillips, Daryl Sharpton, Orlando Franklin and DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Don't listen to what UM fans say about your NFL prospects. History says you will find yourself in the starting lineup very soon.

I'll take any Cane on the Jets. I'm even hoping we pick up Chase Ford sometime in the 7th.

2 things

first off......KP and beason were 1st round picks and were projected as such

secondly........of the rest of those guys........remind me which ones left early to be mid/late round picks?

oh right.......none of them

totally ridiculous comparison

many of those kids were the products of ****** coaching and had they not play for a inept staff would have had better results in the draft.......but they were all seniors with no eligibility left........not juniors and RS sophs who could have bettered their draft prospects by coming back

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kenny Phillips was a first rounder. If any of these guys went first round I wouldn't say a ******* thing. ****, if they waited for their draft evals to come back before making a decision I wouldn't care. But they are a bunch of selfish, me-first, stubborn players who thought they were great no matter who told them otherwise and thought the didn't have to work to earn their respect and pay check. Bunch of entitled ******* who we are better off having off the team. For the record, I agreed miller should have gone, but the rest, **** em.

Kenny Phillips was a first rounder. If any of these guys went first round I wouldn't say a ******* thing. ****, if they waited for their draft evals to come back before making a decision I wouldn't care. But they are a bunch of selfish, me-first, stubborn players who thought they were great no matter who told them otherwise and thought the didn't have to work to earn their respect and pay check. Bunch of entitled ******* who we are better off having off the team. For the record, I agreed miller should have gone, but the rest, **** em.
your point about waiting for the advisory board also applies to miller

had he waited.........he may not have decided to leave

but otherwise........i agree 100%

your point about waiting for the advisory board also applies to miller

had he waited.........he may not have decided to leave

but otherwise........i agree 100%

Only reason I said miller is I can't fault any RB from leaving early whenever. Once those wheels fall off, they're done.

Streeter is the one that bothers me the most. He could have really helped us next year and he could have helped his draft stock. I feel like got bamboozled hardest by Drew.

Advertisement

They're also Canes. You're not allowed to be happy when they're ballin in the NFL.

The point is that our fan base underrated/underappreciated them.
thats nonsense

everybody loved graham and wished he hadnt wasted his time playing basketball because he would have been our next great TE

many of us felt bad for shields because the staff had zero clue what to do with him........and when he got to GB.......their DBs coach said that he was clueless

maybe you forgot all the nonsense on grassy about franklin being a 1st/2nd rounder after his junior year........ditto for calais........but i didnt

there are always guys who are underappreciated........but this fan base tends to swing towards the delusional and overrates kids more often than not

see this whole ridiculous lamar miller debate as the latest example

as for the rest of them.........i dont think it was a case of being underrated.........they werent very good players when they were here........probably due to two things........the first.......again being a staff with no clue how to develop talent.......the second.......they may have been borderline UM quality players to begin with

plenty of teams get starters or big contributors with late round picks all the time........that doesnt mean they were underrated

Advertisement
Why would I expect them to be balling in the NFL. They didn't do jack **** in college. I won't be worried about a kids performance outside of my control. I'll root for the kids still wearing the orange and green.

Streeter is the one that bothers me the most. He could have really helped us next year and he could have helped his draft stock. I feel like got bamboozled hardest by Drew.
they all did

but its no secret that college kids are impressionable and drew is both a great salesman and a monumental **** weasel

the fact that this isnt a secret and they still ran to him anyway also makes me question them

The point is that our fan base underrated/underappreciated them.

KP and CMac have to be the two must underappreciated Canes in recent memory for me.

Two different players with different ceilings and strengths obviously, but massively undervalued when they were here IMO.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he really responded well to a veteran WR coach like McDonald. Streeter and Benjamin both stepped up their games last year and I would have loved to see Streeter get one more year with Coach McDonald. I think he could have really had a special season.

Advertisement
Back