Real Talk...A Bitter Pill

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
Here it is right off the bat: We really suck. The worst part of it all is that we are so fcking far from being a top tier team that it's reasonable to think that we might never get there. I see such a giant chasm between us and the top programs that I don't see how we're going to close it.

We're locked in with Golden for the next ten years with that long extension, and the writing is clearly on the wall with him. He's a dried **** on gameday. We can continue to try to fool ourselves, but our eyes aren't lying to us. What we see is what he is--a good politician, a good talker, a good face for the program, a very good recruiter, and a fcking horsesht gameday HC who can't get his team prepared to play.

We haven't played a full game all year and have actually gotten progressively worse all year. And in the most important moment of the year, we laid our biggest egg. It's almost like that Brad McCrimmon look alike was saving his most prized egg for the biggest moment. We had EVERYTHING to play for, and he let Flubberneck walk into his house and stick both fingers in his pig nose and drag him around the field for 60 minutes. It was the most embarrassing, humiliating, and disheartening loss we've had since Shanntard's UVA debacle.

I'll let you guys talk about coordinators and who needs to be scapegoated, but this is ALL on the HC. It's his program, his assistants, his schemes, and is his third year. There's absolutely no excuse for that disgraceful performance.

We were in the driver's seat to make it to our first ACCCG, and Golden blew it. His team wasn't prepared, they sagged and quit as soon as they were faced with a turnover, and they never matched VT's intensity. All of that is the HC's job.

Whatever fervor we entered the game with was fake and fraudulent because it disappeared at the first sign of adversity. His team is soft and mentally fragile and that's all on him.

We turned another horsesht offense into Bill Walsh's 49'ers, and that's all on him because he's the boss. The buck stops (and that's the only thing that he can stop) with the boss. So you guys can scapegoat everyone else, but at the end of the day it's his team, his assistants, and his fault.

550 yards and 40 points to one of the worst offenses in football? His defense. His fault. It's his philosophy to go out there and spread his *** for the opponent every week and hope they lose their boner before they rip his colon completely out of its socket. That's no way to go out.

When it was clear as fcking day to anyone that we stood no chance of slowing Logan Heisman down wouldn't someone with a pair of actual functioning ********s say, "OK, this sht ain't working. Just send a blitzer or 3 through the fcking A-gap every down and make this guy make some decisions under duress or at least let him know you're there. " We went out like total ***** tonight, and that's all on Al.

Did you see Pud and Flub go alpha on Al at the end and put their starters back in? That's something Al would never think of doing. It's a big dog move. They marked their territory. And their territory is Al's ***.

This was a goddam disgrace, but, sadly, I think we're stuck with this pattern of garbage for as long as he wants to be here. The FSU game was big because it is a rivalry game. But this was way bigger this year because it was for all the marbles, and it was a team we should have beaten. Instead, they abused us and humiliated us in our own house, and we didn't even seem to care.

We've come to accept this garbage and then we get to listen to one of our captains tell us it's no big deal and that they've been through a lot. Guess where that loser mentality starts? At the top of the organization. Could you imagine one of Saban's captains taking such a matter of fact approach to getting their azzholes caved in? Never happen.

Advertisement
Great post.

When Al got the job I remember Temple fans having high praise for Al but the one knock was gameday coaching. Very suspect in game strategy and adjustments.

Last edited:
Excellent post and I agree on all counts it is actually something that I have been thinking of all week leading up to this game and the bottom line is that it is staring us right in the face.Al Golden is in fact a dried **** on game day and his assistants are painfully mediocre at best.

That defensive performance or lack thereof was one of the most disgusting and disgraceful things I have ever seen.

Franchise, I've known you on these boards for years ever since the late 90's and I knew it was only a matter of time before you dropped the hammer down on this mediocre pig swill we've been watching for the last few weeks. It's a sad day my friend but the reality seems inescapable.

Advertisement
The emperor has no clothes. Al golden is bare and everyone now sees him for whom he is. A ****** head coach with an even ****tier defensive scheme. The guy is soft and couldn't prepare a team if his life depended on it. He's garbage and we are stuck with with this garbage for the next few years.

Basically hes the white randy Shannon but with a ****tier defense and better communication skills.

Don't forget this ************ is the special teams coach. How have they looked this year?

We got what we payed for great with the media and interviews, great recruiter average/below average game day coach..

Great post.

When Al got the job I remember Temple fans having high praise for Al but the one knock was gameday coaching. Very suspect in game strategy and adjustments.
He's a deer in the headlights on gameday complete with the Nathan Thurm flop sweats.

Advertisement
Here it is right off the bat: We really suck. The worst part of it all is that we are so fcking far from being a top tier team that it's reasonable to think that we might never get there. I see such a giant chasm between us and the top programs that I don't see how we're going to close it.

We're locked in with Golden for the next ten years with that long extension, and the writing is clearly on the wall with him. He's a dried **** on gameday. We can continue to try to fool ourselves, but our eyes aren't lying to us. What we see is what he is--a good politician, a good talker, a good face for the program, a very good recruiter, and a fcking horsesht gameday HC who can't get his team prepared to play.

We haven't played a full game all year and have actually gotten progressively worse all year. And in the most important moment of the year, we laid our biggest egg. It's almost like that Brad McCrimmon look alike was saving his most prized egg for the biggest moment. We had EVERYTHING to play for, and he let Flubberneck walk into his house and stick both fingers in his pig nose and drag him around the field for 60 minutes. It was the most embarrassing, humiliating, and disheartening loss we've had since Shanntard's UVA debacle.

I'll let you guys talk about coordinators and who needs to be scapegoated, but this is ALL on the HC. It's his program, his assistants, his schemes, and is his third year. There's absolutely no excuse for that disgraceful performance.

We were in the driver's seat to make it to our first ACCCG, and Golden blew it. His team wasn't prepared, they sagged and quit as soon as they were faced with a turnover, and they never matched VT's intensity. All of that is the HC's job.

Whatever fervor we entered the game with was fake and fraudulent because it disappeared at the first sign of adversity. His team is soft and mentally fragile and that's all on him.

We turned another horsesht offense into Bill Walsh's 49'ers, and that's all on him because he's the boss. The buck stops (and that's the only thing that he can stop) with the boss. So you guys can scapegoat everyone else, but at the end of the day it's his team, his assistants, and his fault.

550 yards and 40 points to one of the worst offenses in football? His defense. His fault. It's his philosophy to go out there and spread his *** for the opponent every week and hope they lose their boner before they rip his colon completely out of its socket. That's no way to go out.

When it was clear as fcking day to anyone that we stood no chance of slowing Logan Heisman down wouldn't someone with a pair of actual functioning ********s say, "OK, this sht ain't working. Just send a blitzer or 3 through the fcking A-gap every down and make this guy make some decisions under duress or at least let him know you're there. " We went out like total ***** tonight, and that's all on Al.

Did you see Pud and Flub go alpha on Al at the end and put their starters back in? That's something Al would never think of doing. It's a big dog move. They marked their territory. And their territory is Al's ***.

This was a goddam disgrace, but, sadly, I think we're stuck with this pattern of garbage for as long as he wants to be here. The FSU game was big because it is a rivalry game. But this was way bigger this year because it was for all the marbles, and it was a team we should have beaten. Instead, they abused us and humiliated us in our own house, and we didn't even seem to care.

We've come to accept this garbage and then we get to listen to one of our captains tell us it's no big deal and that they've been through a lot. Guess where that loser mentality starts? At the top of the organization. Could you imagine one of Saban's captains taking such a matter of fact approach to getting their azzholes caved in? Never happen.

Totally agree except for a few points. I think what makes a great hc is his coordinators. I think coley is going be good. I just think he is handcuff by stephanie morris. Dorito on the other hand. If golden does not wise up and realize he needs to let dorito go. He will always be a mediocre coach.

8-4 and 9-3 for the next five years or so.

Pat Narduzzi

Franchise is ON TARGET again. I hate to say it, but see another post about what Whitlock said 3 years ago, we will win 9 or 10 games a year because of where we recruit, but Al doesn't have the vision or the flexibility to win the Big One.
If you are satisfied going to the toilet bowl every year, then, by all means, Al is your guy.

The emperor has no clothes. Al golden is bare and everyone now sees him for whom he is. A ****ty head coach with an even ****tier defensive scheme. The guy is soft and couldn't prepare a team if his life depended on it. He's garbage and we are stuck with with this garbage for the next few years.

Basically hes the white randy Shannon but with a ****tier defense and better communication skills.

Let's not discount Al's recruiting skills. He's a great recruiter. Give him that.

But the rest I agree with.

I'm not jumping off of Al's ship just yet, but I'm eyeballing the **** out of the safety vests and paddle boats.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's not an awful gameday coach. I think he uses timeouts well and manages close games pretty well.

He just has an awful defensive philosophy that better change soon. He seems scared of opponents & coaches.
I don't think it's coach talk either when he drools over other coaches in the conference. This guy is scared ****less and his schemes and defensive philosophies show that.

No one here is saying... omg we need to blitz (as if that has even worked). But this 2 gap, soft zone crap is without a doubt an awful scheme that will undoubtedly lose the players' trust in him (if it hasn't already).

Luther Robinson was ****ed from day 1 because he's a 1 gap DT being asked to play 2 gap BS. He even made a play once (against Ohio St maybe?) where he broke through and forced a fumble. Come to find out he didn't actually DO his job on that play. He's supposed to engage and play his gap.

This is why he and his father were pretty upset. They aren't fans of this scheme. And can you blame em?

Excellent post and I agree on all counts it is actually something that I have been thinking of all week leading up to this game and the bottom line is that it is staring us right in the face.Al Golden is in fact a dried **** on game day and his assistants are painfully mediocre at best.

That defensive performance or lack thereof was one of the most disgusting and disgraceful things I have ever seen.

Franchise, I've known you on these boards for years ever since the late 90's and I knew it was only a matter of time before you dropped the hammer down on this mediocre pig swill we've been watching for the last few weeks. It's a sad day my friend but the reality seems inescapable.

I gave these guys as long as I could because I know he's he for a long time, so I didn't feel like being miserable every week during football season again like I've been for the last 10+ years. But I can't lie to myself anymore even though the reality of the situation causes me excruciating pain. Our HC is good at everything except coaching. I was going to say he'd make a great AD, but he'd probably just hire a bum friend of his as HC.

Advertisement
The emperor has no clothes. Al golden is bare and everyone now sees him for whom he is. A ****ty head coach with an even ****tier defensive scheme. The guy is soft and couldn't prepare a team if his life depended on it. He's garbage and we are stuck with with this garbage for the next few years.

Let's not discount Al's recruiting skills. He's a great recruiter. Give him that.

But the rest I agree with.
Agree but I couldn't fit it in my rant lol.

The night Miami died. Sad fcking night. Whenever we play a team with a pulse we get humiliated.

Totally agree except for a few points. I think what makes a great hc is his coordinators. I think coley is going be good. I just think he is handcuff by stephanie morris. Dorito on the other hand. If golden does not wise up and realize he needs to let dorito go. He will always be a mediocre coach.

8-4 and 9-3 for the next five years or so.

Pat Narduzzi

All the great HCs will tell you that the HC's job on gameday/week is to get his team motivated and mentally prepared to play every week. Al is a misery at that.

You guys called him "The Don", you weren't lying to yourselves. You guys actually believed in him. I still think Al Golden can be a great coach as long as he gives up on this bend but don't break defense crap.

Advertisement
Back