5 star Kelvin Banks decommits from Oregon 👀👀👀

Advertisement
This is the kind of kid that if Miami can pull will send a shockwave on the trail. Put the big guys on notice that Miami isn't just here stealing a couple of elite skill guys every once in a while. Pulling a legit 5* OT out of Texas is a BIG BOY MOVE.
who was the last one we got reggie youngblood? and that was 15 years ago
were good when we selective take elite guys from texas

Advertisement
Going to be a really tough pull because the lure to stay in Texas now that his "favorite" is out the picture will be alot. But maybe this kid just wants to get the **** out of Texas..(Eric Winston comes to mind when he came out back in 01-02 and his whole town and family turned on him but he didnt give a ****).

We all know UT and TAMU dropped bags for him the first time and he said "No". Not sure bags will be a narrative here. Either he likes Miami as much as Oregon or he doesnt. He clearly loves Mario and Mirabel. This will come down to whether he likes the fit and city and culture.

But like many said, you pull Banks and CWilliams AGAIN out of Texas and you got EVERYONEs attention.

Advertisement
You might be right, I was remembering Bar Milo as a high 3* but didn't actually check it.
Overall point you’re making stands for sure

We have been **** in this area

Even when we follow that same tired lazy thinking of “oh go get some guys from Iowa or Wisconsin that are 3 stars” has fallen flat on its face mostly

Advertisement
We haven't signed a 4* or higher OOS O-Lineman Since Harland Gunn in 07 lol Before that I think it was Mckinnie back in like 99

Can't believe with the few exceptions people mentioned (Milo was a 4*, Seantrel transferred) this is true. I went back and scrolled. One thing that stuck out was how BAD our 2016 class was.

Bruce - Bust
Allison- bust
Mullins- Bust
Haskins-Bust
Cedrick Wright-Bust
Michael Irvin-Bust
Dayall Harris- Bust
Tre Johnson-Bust
Tyric Martin-Bust
Jeff James- Bust

Good players but could not finish UM Career due to injury:
AR
Malek Young

Serviceable:
Pat Bethel
FInley
McCloud

Solid:
Shaq
Pinckney (lucky he turned out, he was a low 3* 511 player in the country)
Joe Jackson
Travis Homer

That is it. Over 50% of the class was a straight bust and only 4 solid starters.

Advertisement
Although Banks would be a HUGE get, I don't see it as that farfetched.

He obviously chose to go play for Mario and Mirabel by willing to leave the state of Texas and go to Oregon. Why wouldn't he be willing to come to Miami?
He would be and he will. He committed to the coaches and not the school.

We haven't signed a 4* or higher OOS O-Lineman Since Harland Gunn in 07 lol Before that I think it was Mckinnie back in like 99

- Seantrel was a 5 star from Cali
- Reggie Youngblood 5 star from Tx
- Tyler McMeans 4 star from PA
- Ian Symonette 4 star from Tx
- Harland Gunn 4 star from Nebraska
- Bar Milo 4 star from Cali

Edit: correction Seantrel is from Minnesota

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back